3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Famous Musicians That You've Met..., I thought it would be fun to see who's met who...
Tolek
Jul 11 2008, 06:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Congrats! Did you get your confirmation email yet?

Not yet. But the tickets weren´t sold out when I reserved mine I think. I don´t think that Paul Gilbert is very popular in Luxembourg. It´s a very small country. tongue.gif

Best £130 ever spent i think!

Me too!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ShinyHighlander
Jul 11 2008, 06:03 PM
GMC:er
I met Nicko McBrain from Iron Maiden when he was visiting my home town Uddevalla in Sweden back in 2001. But I nearly missed him. Because when I entered the music store he was visiting he was about to leave. But I managed to meet him in the last minute and got to shake his hand. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 11 2008, 06:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jul 11 2008, 07:44 AM) *
I've met

cKy
HIM
Megadeth
Original Testament w/ Skolnick
The Pixies (My favourite all time living band)
The Offspring
Stratovarius
Mike Patton
Karl Sanders (Nile)
Ozric Tentacles.

Megadeth, the original testament and HIM wow your lucky I used to be in love with HIM before I found good guitar playing I'm still a fan of their music though

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Jul 11 2008, 06:20 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Jul 11 2008, 01:28 AM) *
You lucky guy !!!I have never met a famous musician let alone somebody a personally admire !!!Are you also from California?...because then you'd be pretty priviliged and that would not be fair laugh.gif

Yes! I'm from California! But, Northern California... So, it's not quite "dense" as say... Los Angelos! laugh.gif

Oh man! I want to meet Paul Gilbert! I hope you have a fun time with your lessons! Start Planning out what you want him to help you with! wink.gif

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jul 12 2008, 08:43 AM
Famous? None, but I have met Arif from Protest the Hero, very nice guy, not a famous musician, but a very good one.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jul 12 2008, 11:55 AM
Instructor
In order

Frank Gambale

Scott Henderson

Allan Holdsworth

And many other not-so-famous-but-great-players at GIT

biggrin.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 12 2008, 12:04 PM
Instructor
Not so many indeed BUT I met Guthrie,YEAH biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 12 2008, 12:22 PM
I met stephen bruton...

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Nazgul
Jul 12 2008, 12:34 PM
Billy Talent hanging out on a junkyard in Cologne, all smoking some weird stuff. laugh.gif

--------------------
Chuck Norris rules!

+Quote Post
sidewas lightnin...
Jul 12 2008, 03:04 PM
All you people are too lucky. I had a dream about meeting slash once, though. tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------
I spelled my username wrong...I didn't even think that was possible!

Look at the topic for my guitar...
Finished Guitar Build

Gear:
Homemade strat (You still need to look at its topic!)
Squier strat (probably going to get rid of it and get another guitar instead) :)
Line 6 spider amp (not actually used for anything, just acts as a speaker)
Digitech Gnx2 (kind of old, but cheap, and sounds amazing!)

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Jul 13 2008, 11:47 AM
Instructor
I've met Brett Garsed, Blindside and Blind Guardian Hello Marcus!! :Phaha

--------------------

+Quote Post
chmilew
Jul 13 2008, 09:06 PM
I've met only french famous musicians, but you may know them : Patrick Rondat, Christophe Godin, Manu Katché
Also Jean Michel Jarre when I was like 7 smile.gif

Christophe Godin is such an amazing funny guy

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 13 2008, 10:22 PM
I've met Thomas Ledin and Carl-Anton. tongue.gif
And the singer from Breach. And Dave Nurge tongue.gif

And a guy from a pretty big blues band that I for my life can't remember the name of. They where playing at a friends bar and slept over in his house. Great info huh? tongue.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 13 2008, 11:05 PM
The Dark Canuck
I've met quite a few due to the fact that I work at an airport that mostly deals with private aircraft.

all the guys from The Tragically Hip a few times actually... partied with them one night in Toronto it was pretty crazy
Bob Dylan
all the guys from Korn
Neil Young
Ted Nugent
Toby Keith... not really high on my list of folks to meet but he was with the Nuge smile.gif
Tony Bennet
Celine Dion smile.gif
Britney Spears... yes it says Britney Spears and I really really hate to report that she's actually pretty nice
Jennifer Lopez... all I'll say is she's no Britney cool.gif
Madonna
Elton John
Jon Bon Jovi
Faith Hill
Tim McGraw
Brian Adams
Phil Collins

Not really musicans persay but I also met Jay Z, Eminem, D12, 50 Cent and Llyod Banks. I also have actually held "Blackie", yes "Blackie" Eric Clapton's famous guitar, but I was too afraid to play it ohmy.gif It was going across the pond to some guitar show a few yrs back.

EDIT: How could I forget that I met Andrea Boccelli, twice now actually ohmy.gif He was really nice and even sang a bit for me smile.gif I think I may be losing it LOL!

This post has been edited by rokchik: Jul 15 2008, 01:50 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 13 2008, 11:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jul 14 2008, 12:05 AM) *
Not really musicans persay but I also met Jay Z, Eminem, D12, 50 Cent and Llyod Banks. I also have actually held "Blackie", yes "Blackie" Eric Clapton's famous guitar, but I was too afraid to play it ohmy.gif It was going across the pond to some guitar show a few yrs back.

I've got 99 problems, but a b**** ain't one

Gotta hand it to da man, song's a catchy tune.

edited by rokchik

This post has been edited by rokchik: Jul 13 2008, 11:23 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 13 2008, 11:22 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Ian Bushell @ Jul 13 2008, 10:47 AM) *
I've met Brett Garsed, Blindside and Blind Guardian Hello Marcus!! :Phaha

Garsed is cool smile.gif - as of course if Marcus smile.gif . Could be embarrassing though Ian if Marcus doesn't remember you biggrin.gif . I'm sure he does though cool.gif .

Just a few in a sort of chronological order:

Cilla Black (very embarrassing but she is famous in a bad way in the UK) - met her when I was 6 and was on TV as a background toddler (if you see what I mean).

All of Teardrop Explodes/Echo and the Bunnymen/Orchestral Manouvorers in the Dark/Dalek I love You/Wah Heat/ Hambi and the Dance - played football with them (UK early 1980s new wave).

Joy Division/New Order and A Certain Ratio and what became KLF - drank with most of them. I still talk football with one.

I've used Peter Gabriel's studio to record in (amongst others) - met Bush but not Gabriel. BBC Maida Vale, Abbey Road, Blue Sky, Ocean, Freedom etc recording and mixing studios - and met most of the staff (and used a host of other studios). Met all of Nirvana, Pixies, Henry Rollens, Fugazi, Sonic Youth, Black Flag, Jam, Clash and quite a few others. Banned - and threw out of a pub - Bobby Gilliespie from Primal Scream. Been thrown out of a pub with Tad and some of Nirvana and Sonic Youth. Had some brief lessons on composition with Vernon Handley and Sir Simon Rattle (not at the same time though). Played with Evan Parker and Ornette Coleman and others in an impromptu free jazz and John Scofield more standard jazz. Various other things...

Met individually lots - Carlos Santana, Pat Metheny, Miles Davis, Ella Fitzgerald, Carla Bley, Ronnie Scott, Nick Lowe, Nick Cave, Evan Parker, Ornette Coleman, most of Genesis, most of U2, most of Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Scorpions, Montrose, Thin Lizzie, Uriah Heap, various line ups for Hawkwind, lots of 70s/80s punk/new wave and lots of session musicians...

Minor (?) mention - my partner has won numerous Sony Broadcast awards - so I also know her ( wub.gif ) and of course the people involved (sometimes including me). We occasionally go to the award ceremony - but not very often as it's a bit ohmy.gif ... Similarly I know a host of people from award winning European Broadcast and Media organisations and a few from the US and the Far East.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 13 2008, 11:30 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 13 2008, 07:14 PM) *
I've got 99 problems, but a b**** ain't one

Gotta hand it to da man, song's a catchy tune.

edited by rokchik

It is a catchy tune for sure man. I actually like a few of Jay Z's songs, he has some interesting rhymes. BTW I did a tiny edit on your post just to keep things consistent with the posting guidelines.

rok

EDIT: Tony - you must have some very interesting stories man... being thrown out of pubs with celebs being one obviously wink.gif You'd be a great guy to share a pint with I'm sure smile.gif

This post has been edited by rokchik: Jul 13 2008, 11:35 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 13 2008, 11:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jul 14 2008, 12:30 AM) *
It is a catchy tune for sure man. I actually like a few of Jay Z's songs, he has some interesting rhymes. BTW I did a tiny edit on your post just to keep things consistent with the posting guidelines.

rok

Sure, no problem on the edit. I was thinking about doing it myself, but decided not to.

I haven't heard many JayZ songs, but he's not the worst one out there. Gonna do a new topic on a rapper I really like in a few moments.

On editing: I'm sure it's possible to have automatic edits on certain words - like the one in the JayZ song, and other... strong words.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 14 2008, 12:33 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jul 13 2008, 10:30 PM) *
... being thrown out of pubs with celebs being one obviously wink.gif You'd be a great guy to share a pint with I'm sure smile.gif

Though we might get thrown out Rok wink.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 14 2008, 01:06 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 13 2008, 08:33 PM) *
Though we might get thrown out Rok wink.gif

It's all good man smile.gif It wouldn't be the first time that happened... for either of us laugh.gif laugh.gif But I'm pretty low key so I think we'd be OK besides I'm not so rowdy as Nirvana or Sonic Youth smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:26 AM