Tine Line Between Talcking And Singing
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 22 2008, 10:56 PM
Singing Instructor
Hi guys...just want to wright my opinion about this subject....
I finished music school,and what I learn there was very important thing how I sing know...But,opera(classical)singing is some thing very different then todays modern singing(rock,pop,metall......etc)....so I think that your natural voice(talking voice) is some thing that with little exercise should be most important when it comes to using your middle range and lower octaves....By that I do not mean that you should rap your lines smile.gif...but keeping the atmosphere and color of that voice...

EXERCISE:

take a book,,newspapers....etc....and read it slowly......then step by step bring a little breath to it...and try to sing it ...nothing complicated,,simple melody,concentrate and focus(for beginning) on your talking voice,and from time to time go back from singing to talking........

so I hope I help a little....smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 22 2008, 11:35 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Great suggestion. I will try that myself. I couldn't sing if my life depended on it, I have tried, and I have a friend who was at MIT in L.A and he told me about the same thing - There's no need to shout, use a normal voice, you've got the microphone for volume.

So thanks, that's an excercise even I can manage. :-)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 22 2008, 11:58 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 22 2008, 11:35 PM) *
Great suggestion. I will try that myself. I couldn't sing if my life depended on it, I have tried, and I have a friend who was at MIT in L.A and he told me about the same thing - There's no need to shout, use a normal voice, you've got the microphone for volume.

you are welcome man...smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
rockn4Jesus
Dec 21 2009, 05:05 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 22 2008, 11:35 PM) *

well the microphone does help but even with the most profesional sound engeniers you still have to be able to project your voice when singing live, otherwise your voice still isn't going to come out over the instruments! Taking profesional vocal lessons really does help your voice will improve greatly. I'm studing to get my music major and the vocal lessons that I have taken at college have helped me more than I thought it would.

This post has been edited by rockn4Jesus: Dec 21 2009, 05:07 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:13 PM