> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(8 Pass) 12/8 Strumming For Beginners (pass), Lesson By Jerry Arcidiacono
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 4 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

rhoads
Sep 28 2011, 12:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: 12/8 Strumming For Beginners by Jerry Arcidiacono

Hi there, I want to do some acoustic covers that I like so I figured that it would be a good idea to have some feedback on my strumming :) So since I found this lesson.. Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 28 2011, 06:55 PM
Instructor
Sounds very nice, and the sound is also okay, pleasant.. Your strumming is pretty solid, I think you need to spend more time with those chord changes. This lesson can be demanding for the fingers, lots of barre chords, but you also have time to rest your fingers on those open positions. One chord that made you lot of trouble here is that F major (after F#m). Try it with more force, and just behind the frets. Possibly your action is a bit high, dunno.
When chaning chords you gotta be able to do it fast, faster then this. The good thing is that you used sync with the tempo, so you used 2 eights of each last bar for changing the chords. I think that's too much, try using one, or less, to make the transition very fast. It will help you later on when you really need to change them faster.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 28 2011, 08:31 PM
Instructor
Well done ! I would totally agree with Ivan that you need to change chords faster. Strumming timing is very good,congratz.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 29 2011, 04:26 PM
Instructor
Great take ! Changing chords in a strumming rhythm can be very tricky because the changes are so noticeable.. you did really good though. Just keep practising, these things improve with time and experience smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 30 2011, 08:03 AM
Instructor
Hey Alex!

Acoustic playing is a bit more tricky, due to the fact that everything has to be played more accurate and the string tension is always higher than in the case of an electric guitar - as Ivan said, spend some time on those chord changes and get them clean wink.gif the timing is good, so this is a pretty strong take!

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 1 2011, 08:24 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8!!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:30 AM