> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Grunge Vs Metal Video Collab
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 6 2012, 09:43 AM
Instructor
Hey Todd, looking to buy a pair myself smile.gif so, you're saying these are the best deal, huh?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 7 2012, 11:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
At the last minute...(perhaps too late) is some vid to go with my audio. Batteries dies, so it was the only take I could get. For some reason, the camera gives me an error and plays "blank" video on quicktime, but then it shows up on youtube!

I hope the video file works for you! Getting a new camera, or webcam to fix this.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 8 2012, 03:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Mar 7 2012, 10:15 PM) *
At the last minute...(perhaps too late) is some vid to go with my audio. Batteries dies, so it was the only take I could get. For some reason, the camera gives me an error and plays "blank" video on quicktime, but then it shows up on youtube!

I hope the video file works for you! Getting a new camera, or webcam to fix this.

Hey mate, thanks for the vid - I tried to play it but I can't see it - if it works well in Vegas it will stay in the collab! wink.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 8 2012, 07:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
Yeah, it's the dumbest "error" with that camera! It used to work fine, but since the camera is old....perhaps the updates to the video player (try using Quicktime to view the vid! Windows Media Player won't view it ever, quicktime used to work/sometimes works for me) updates are no longer compatible with that camera's old format. Either way, it's an annoying new "glitch" I'm dealing with, and has basically rendered that old camera as useless.

Time for a new camera!

Oh well.....that flannel wasn't very "grunge" anyway! tongue.gif

Thanks for trying to get me in on this one Cosmin! Back to practicing the Vivaldi Arpeggios today! biggrin.gif I'm getting quite close to full-speed now! i'll post a vid of my progress soon.

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 8 2012, 07:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
What is the error? The video format?
I changed my video on my mac to .avi, just by removing "m4v" and typing in "avi" at the end

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 9 2012, 08:47 AM
Instructor
Not the video format, the vid doesn't show any image when played sad.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 9 2012, 08:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
It's such an annoying, and WEIRD error! I don't even understand how it shows no video on my computer, but it WILL when I upload it to youtube!! Of course, that doesn't help for this collab, since you can't add/edit youtube videos..... ick. Gonna try and get a new camera today, actually. Sorry Cosmin....I tried! Even rocked a non-grunge flannel in the vid!!

At least GMC is forgiving of my failures! dry.gif

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 9 2012, 08:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Mar 9 2012, 07:12 PM) *
It's such an annoying, and WEIRD error! I don't even understand how it shows no video on my computer, but it WILL when I upload it to youtube!! Of course, that doesn't help for this collab, since you can't add/edit youtube videos..... ick. Gonna try and get a new camera today, actually. Sorry Cosmin....I tried! Even rocked a non-grunge flannel in the vid!!

At least GMC is forgiving of my failures! dry.gif

Got a surprise for ya biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 9 2012, 09:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
There are youtube converters out there me and my friend used one for getting videos from youtube to our project describing different dialects.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 9 2012, 09:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 9 2012, 08:02 PM) *
There are youtube converters out there me and my friend used one for getting videos from youtube to our project describing different dialects.

Guys - the final vid is in rendering biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 9 2012, 10:02 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 6 2012, 03:43 AM) *
Hey Todd, looking to buy a pair myself smile.gif so, you're saying these are the best deal, huh?

I personally love these headphones. I"m sure you can find folks who prefer other sets, even folks that can't stand these. But honestly having tried pair, after pair, these are really hard to beat in the price range. But if possible, give them a listen before buying along with some other pairs. I kept seeing these cans in various studios, facilities etc. So I finally got a pair and now I get it. You can get nice cans from AKG for more money, but in this price range, I have yet to find anything I like better. Here is the link to info on the AKG site.

http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslav...anguage,EN.html

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 10 2012, 01:49 PM
Instructor
And here it is tongue.gif

the moment we've all been waiting for!

now, I'd like to thank all of you guys who participated and invite you to my next collab -> Lydian Spring Love Song Video Collab

In the order of appearance on the screen:

-> Rammikin - mate, I chose your take for starting the vid because you were the only one who started before the backing track biggrin.gif which is a very nice thing to do - diversity is awesome every time. I would recommend a bit more work on the vibrato making it a little wider wink.gif I also like the way you developed a theme in order to open the heavy part of the backing track!

-> Gitarrero - octaves are always a sure way to make things work wink.gif just pay attention not to slip off to often biggrin.gif

-> Todd - has left his nice mark on this collab - thank you Todd!

-> ElHombre - hello there mr MetalShred tongue.gif i like your take as it's sprinkled with all sorts of nifty techniques and phrases - the only thing which I think can be improved would be the fluidity between them, in lesser words, the phrases would sound better if you would connect them in a more fluid way!

-> our little Cameo Appearance by DERPER biggrin.gif well ,since your vid was shot after the audio, the audio track and the vid were different from a point on - I mean you played different things, but since you struggled till the last minute to submit the materials, I thought it would be cool to make you the star in this one biggrin.gif

-> hey! is that Wolverine who learned how to use tapping? laugh.gif

see you at the next one mates!!!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 10 2012, 02:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well done Cosmin smile.gif
Just one thing, Isnt my playing a bit unsynched with the BT or did you want it that way?
Compare with the file I am adding of my original playing!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GvsMerikFinalv1.mp3 ( 4.9MB ) Number of downloads: 97

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 10 2012, 02:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 10 2012, 01:17 PM) *
Well done Cosmin smile.gif
Just one thing, Isnt my playing a bit unsynched with the BT or did you want it that way?
Compare with the file I am adding of my original playing!

It may be mate, but since you haven't left any audio on the vid, it was pretty difficult to sync them perfectly - leave the audio on for the next one please, k?

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 10 2012, 07:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome job everyone! Really fun to see it all in action, and surprised that my vid made it in! Thanks!

I bought a new camera yesterday (works GREAT, so no more video issues!) so I'm looking forward to the next ones!

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 10 2012, 09:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes, nice collab.
Cosmin, make a GMC lesson out of that last solo!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 11 2012, 04:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 10 2012, 08:37 PM) *
Yes, nice collab.
Cosmin, make a GMC lesson out of that last solo!

biggrin.gif thanks Erik! I will biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 11 2012, 06:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
Yeah Cosmin, that solo is AMAZING! I've been wanting to incorporate a similar style solo to my section on "Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest - Bloody Tears"!! I would love to learn some inspiration/technique from that solo!!

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:01 PM