2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Female Vocalists
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Oct 3 2009, 09:40 PM
Jazz Instructor

My favorite!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jdriver
Oct 4 2009, 08:16 PM
GMC:er
+1 for Cat Power. Don't forget Joni Mitchell.

For the last several years my favorite female vocalist is Karen Berquist of the group Over the Rhine. They do plenty of rock on songs, but this performance is one of my favorites, just her and her husband performing Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. How a person can stand on a stage in front of people and give so much of themself is a mystery to me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Oct 4 2009, 08:45 PM
I really like Floor Jansen from After Forever. Her voice range is unbelievable. She can do whatever she wants with her voice and still sound amazing. And I have to agree with Emir about Christina Aguilera.
And, last but not least, I really love the voice of Gisela Bianchi, the new Thabu's singer, hehehe.

+Quote Post
jdriver
Oct 4 2009, 08:59 PM
I completely forgot to mention, one of the greatest singers you've never heard of.

Happy Rhodes... she has a true 4 octave range and can easily sing like Annie Lennox and Kate Bush, even in the same song.

When she hits the chorus here at the 2 minute mark, be ready to catch your jaw as it drops. Kevin Bartlett on the Parker electric.

This post has been edited by jdriver: Oct 4 2009, 09:12 PM

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Oct 5 2009, 11:49 PM
Jazz Instructor
I almost forgot:

SILVANA ARMENULIC smile.gif

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 12 2009, 05:25 AM
Instructor
I like Nelly Furtado.
I bought her album for this:

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Gary
Oct 12 2009, 05:50 AM
My two favorite female singers.. Pat Benetar and Martina Mcbride. Never even knew they performed together..

Here is an older clip of Benetar the rock godess singing the same song.. (embedding was disabled, but still worth a look)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qUFZwJb9GA

Martina's independence day

Cheers~

Gary

This post has been edited by Gary: Oct 12 2009, 06:03 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:27 PM