> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Caelumamittendum's Technique Builder
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 17 2013, 10:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
If he had thet spare parts that he might need I'd be able to get it tomorrow he said, if not it might be another 5 days. Hopefully tomorrow! I really don't feel like touching my strat at the moment and I'm even contemplating selling it laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2013, 07:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 17 2013, 09:52 PM) *
If he had thet spare parts that he might need I'd be able to get it tomorrow he said, if not it might be another 5 days. Hopefully tomorrow! I really don't feel like touching my strat at the moment and I'm even contemplating selling it laugh.gif

Mate... if you care about my thoughts - don't sell the strat wink.gif You'll want one later on. We all do laugh.gif well, not me.. I want a telecaster biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 18 2013, 08:04 AM
Learning Rock Star
I am known for selling stuff and then regretting it 5 days later! I sold my digital piano and a couple of months later I had to go out and buy a new one! laugh.gif

I won't sell the strat right away, but I prefer not to practice technique on it as it's such a difference from the other one. I might have my parents bring me my last electric guitar which I've left at home with them. It's a cheap one but in pretty good condition. And looks awesome!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2013, 08:44 AM
Instructor
I try to practice on all my guitars, so that I won't feel like they are strange to me in any way when I need to use them onstage. Plus, hell man, that Strat has a super nice tone - I'd use it only for that biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 19 2013, 11:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 19 2013, 09:44 AM) *
I try to practice on all my guitars, so that I won't feel like they are strange to me in any way when I need to use them onstage. Plus, hell man, that Strat has a super nice tone - I'd use it only for that biggrin.gif

Before my seven string was fixed (way back when it was in terrible condition) I used to play all of my guitars, but now...well, there's just such a difference between the seven string and the strat. I like the strat for chords and so on though. I have a third electric guitar at my parents' place. I forgot to ask them to bring it with them though. I kinda want it now.

By the way, I haven't really gotten going on the lessons. Been ill for 2 days, had my parents come by and been working on my "The League of..." collab take.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 20 2013, 08:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 19 2013, 10:35 AM) *
Before my seven string was fixed (way back when it was in terrible condition) I used to play all of my guitars, but now...well, there's just such a difference between the seven string and the strat. I like the strat for chords and so on though. I have a third electric guitar at my parents' place. I forgot to ask them to bring it with them though. I kinda want it now.

By the way, I haven't really gotten going on the lessons. Been ill for 2 days, had my parents come by and been working on my "The League of..." collab take.

No worries mate - take your time, as no one is rushing you wink.gif Keep me posted on the progress when you record, ok? It is normal to feel that some of your guitars are friendlier in respect to some techniques, but it would be awesome to be able to express yourself with the same ease on each one. As Musashi says - In all things have no preferences. You can read more about his 21 rules of living smile.gif If you are interested, I can tell you more about it wink.gif

http://www.musashi-miyamoto.com/dokkodo.html

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 20 2013, 08:53 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 20 2013, 09:37 AM) *
No worries mate - take your time, as no one is rushing you wink.gif Keep me posted on the progress when you record, ok? It is normal to feel that some of your guitars are friendlier in respect to some techniques, but it would be awesome to be able to express yourself with the same ease on each one. As Musashi says - In all things have no preferences. You can read more about his 21 rules of living smile.gif If you are interested, I can tell you more about it wink.gif

http://www.musashi-miyamoto.com/dokkodo.html

Sounds interesting. I will have a read in a bit.

I was supposed to go to the singing lessons today, but I've had a bit of a change of heart and feel a bit stupid. I signed up for them thinking it was a good idea, but for some reason I wasn't signed up for complete beginner lessons, and as I said it's been almost ten years. So if I were to join I'd like it to be from the beginning or at least have practiced my singing at home myself. I can still hit the notes...sometimes. laugh.gif And I'd have liked to have gotten that "sometimes" out the way before starting. It's sort of how my brain works. It was the same when I was a kid and started playing football - I practiced at home before starting as not to look a complete fool. As far as I can tell I can sign up for the lessons again any time.

I'm thinking about signing up for mixing/producing lessons instead. It's less intimidating and you're less "naked" in your "performance", if that makes sense.

Now I better get singing incorporated into my practicing. I've got a midi keyboard (with weighted keys, 88 of them as well etc), so I'll try and use that for practicing for a bit.

sad.gif mad.gif dry.gif Stupid Ben!

laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 21 2013, 07:21 PM
Instructor
Mate, let me tell you a story smile.gif

There was this clumsy dude at the sword seminar/exam today - he is that sort of nerdy guy that you would expect everyone to make fun of, but he came and watched, listened and executed. Clumsily but patiently and driven and guess what, he made it smile.gif My old headmaster in highschool had a saying - 'If you feel like you wanna do something, just do it. Don't think THAT much about it' smile.gif

In less words, get out there and learn without worrying if you are prepared or not wink.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 23 2013, 01:12 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 21 2013, 08:21 PM) *
Mate, let me tell you a story smile.gif

There was this clumsy dude at the sword seminar/exam today - he is that sort of nerdy guy that you would expect everyone to make fun of, but he came and watched, listened and executed. Clumsily but patiently and driven and guess what, he made it smile.gif My old headmaster in highschool had a saying - 'If you feel like you wanna do something, just do it. Don't think THAT much about it' smile.gif

In less words, get out there and learn without worrying if you are prepared or not wink.gif

I do agree that some times you just have to take the jump and plunge in both feet and do the best you can, but it was just too much of a leap of faith. I don't feel confident in my rythmical feel or anything yet - not even on the guitar. So I'm going to join another course which is about mixing and producing music. It's a bit less intimidating! smile.gif

I'm gaining massive amounts of confidence on the guitar at the moment, so that's really great, but as said it was a bit too much with the singing lessons as of yet, even if one of my friends heard me singing the other day (mind you, just along with a Pearl Jam song) and she was really encouraging me to take the lessons at some point. I can probably get the singing lessons for free any time within the next two years, so it's all cool. Need to practice my voice more! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 23 2013, 01:14 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 23 2013, 08:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 23 2013, 12:12 AM) *
I do agree that some times you just have to take the jump and plunge in both feet and do the best you can, but it was just too much of a leap of faith. I don't feel confident in my rythmical feel or anything yet - not even on the guitar. So I'm going to join another course which is about mixing and producing music. It's a bit less intimidating! smile.gif

I'm gaining massive amounts of confidence on the guitar at the moment, so that's really great, but as said it was a bit too much with the singing lessons as of yet, even if one of my friends heard me singing the other day (mind you, just along with a Pearl Jam song) and she was really encouraging me to take the lessons at some point. I can probably get the singing lessons for free any time within the next two years, so it's all cool. Need to practice my voice more! smile.gif

I understand your fear, but I don't understand why you should fuss that much to prepare yourself for going somewhere to prepare yourself - if you get my meaning wink.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 24 2013, 10:42 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 23 2013, 09:40 AM) *
I understand your fear, but I don't understand why you should fuss that much to prepare yourself for going somewhere to prepare yourself - if you get my meaning wink.gif

Well, I don't know if I would call it fear. I just wasn't comfortable with joining a non-beginner group of singers for singing lessons. I might be able to hit the notes etc., but I prefer to just practice a bit before starting. Like when I was a kid with football.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2013, 10:45 AM
Instructor
Ah mate, as ye wish, after all, if it doesn't bring you any pleasure, it's not fun anymore - and when something is not fun anymore, we all know what happens.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 27 2013, 12:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm sure it'll bring me pleasure if I start from the bottom and work my way up. Right now I'm gonna apply for some mixing/mastering course instead. It's less intimidating.

Also, I finally got around to practicing the Rocking Tune lesson by Muris. Here's what putting 45 minutes into it gives you:

Still some things to work on though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 27 2013, 08:35 AM
Instructor
Hey mate - it feels like you pretty much got the hang of this one, now there are some very small but nevertheless important details such as the bends at 0:41 and 0:54 - they are not technically wrong but on the rim of barely touching the pitch which was intended smile.gif

It's all a matter of playing it more wink.gif That's what I say! What else are you cooking mate?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 27 2013, 12:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, I'll work on it today and perhaps at the end of the day get it to the REC (along with the Picking and Legato exercise).

I'm not cooking much else at the moment. I had this idea of making a student instructor lesson or a collab, or just try to record some song I wrote a long time ago (attached), but which I never recorded. Though some parts are probably a bit out of my reach.

Oh and then I've been going through Troy Stetina's Speed Mechanics a bit.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  01___Prologue.gp5 ( 108.85K ) Number of downloads: 98

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 28 2013, 02:33 PM
Instructor
Hey mate - I have a question - can you record it, of course at a slower tempo, so that you can play it? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 28 2013, 09:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
I could try and work on it for sure. I still feel like I need my technique and rythmic feel to be better though to be honest, so I don't feel quite ready yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 29 2013, 11:44 AM
Instructor
Alright mate - as you wish wink.gif I was curious to see if you can nail it perfectly at a slower speed - because from that point on, it would only be a matter of practicing it and increasing the speed slowly smile.gif

I want to encourage you to work on your own creations as well biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 29 2013, 09:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cosmin! I'm about to lose my mind with the Rocking Tune lesson! I can't get the matching bends or whatever you'd call them down at all. I either can't get the bends right, feel like my fingering is completely off or feels unnatural or in the end I'm not even hitting the strings right!

Here's the link again, the specific bends are in video 4.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-tune-beginner/

Any chance of a video advice or similar? Could be posted in the video advice thread as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 30 2013, 07:46 AM
Instructor
Sure man! biggrin.gif A video will be in yer screen today - alongside something extra in it wink.gif Stay tuned!

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:07 PM