> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Dcz702's Composition Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 5 2014, 03:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Jun 4 2014, 09:10 PM) *
im gonna start on the 9th power chord lesson, thats more my style, thanks biggrin.gif
for the recording i did wasnt really trying to come up with a tune, just playing with chords and trying to make them work. i have been doing exercises like that alot.

Great! I will think on more rocker lessons, however be sure that you can use those jazz chord in more powerful styles if you use them wisely.
Have you heard Incubus?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 6 2014, 01:20 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 5 2014, 02:05 PM) *
Great! I will think on more rocker lessons, however be sure that you can use those jazz chord in more powerful styles if you use them wisely.
Have you heard Incubus?

im a fan of incubus, great band, been awhile since i listend to them though, what do you have in mind?

here is another lesson i have been working on by you. i really like your use of chords and melody in this lesson, and i used it to help improve my stamina with downpicking by using your loop backing.
i really like this style.
i feel my tuning may be slightly out on the middle chord section, time for a string change been awhile, but i really wanted to get this clip recorded for you today before i took off for the day biggrin.gif
https://soundcloud.com/rockmusic-915/millencollinstyle

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 6 2014, 04:22 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, this lesson is sounding really good. I think that you can already play it tight. what happens with guitar sound at 00:49?

Regarding Incubus, they have many songs where Mike uses more complex chords with distortion, this is one of them:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 7 2014, 02:34 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks gab. At start of the bar (49) think I hit a wrong note from going from the triad riff to Barr chords, the quick change made me hit a wrong note and I'm working on that.
While listening I think I went a bit out of tune to.

This post has been edited by dcz702: Jun 7 2014, 02:35 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 7 2014, 02:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Jun 6 2014, 10:34 PM) *
Thanks gab. At start of the bar (49) think I hit a wrong note from going from the triad riff to Barr chords, the quick change made me hit a wrong note and I'm working on that.
While listening I think I went a bit out of tune to.

Ok, that's s small details to have in mind for the next recording. what are your next plans?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 12 2015, 03:32 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi gab.
It's been awhile since I've been to this thread, Rec, and I haven't been able to play as much as I would like to but I do find he time at least a hour a day, more if I'm lucky. Family got my tied up, but I'm getting more time now.
I have been practicing everyday though.

So I wanted to learn reapers by muse. You posted it in the what are you listening to thread. I really like muse and listen to them a lot, but I never really tried to learn there songs because, to me the guitar is not your typical guitar that's staight foward and easy to understand, there are lots effects in some songs.
I've got the tab for reapers, could we analyze that tune? What going on with the effects? I have a fx processor so hopefully I have what I need to try to get the song down.
I'm on my phone typing this so I didn't post the song here yet.

This post has been edited by dcz702: Jun 12 2015, 07:42 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2015, 03:53 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Great to hear from you!

Learning and analyzing that killer song is a good idea. Let's start sharing the studio version and also some bad live versions that I've found just to check how they make it sound in a live situation.

Technically it is based on van halen style tapping and rock riffs that sounds like a mix of Whitesnake, Rage against the machine and Nine Inch Nails. I've never explored Matt's effects too much but in this case it seems that he is using some kind of auto pitcher that creates an effect similar to whammy. On the studio version I would say, it's a whammy, but as he doesn't use it live I wonder if he is using some kind of pitch modulator controlled automatically via midi.... it would be a good idea if you explore using google the type of processors that he is using....

About the song analysis, we need the structure, tonality, chords, and scales used. Could you try to get this stuff and share it here?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 13 2015, 08:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 12 2015, 02:53 PM) *
Hi mate! Great to hear from you!

Learning and analyzing that killer song is a good idea. Let's start sharing the studio version and also some bad live versions that I've found just to check how they make it sound in a live situation.

Technically it is based on van halen style tapping and rock riffs that sounds like a mix of Whitesnake, Rage against the machine and Nine Inch Nails. I've never explored Matt's effects too much but in this case it seems that he is using some kind of auto pitcher that creates an effect similar to whammy. On the studio version I would say, it's a whammy, but as he doesn't use it live I wonder if he is using some kind of pitch modulator controlled automatically via midi.... it would be a good idea if you explore using google the type of processors that he is using....

About the song analysis, we need the structure, tonality, chords, and scales used. Could you try to get this stuff and share it here?

Thanks gab.
I took a look at the sheet music and on the staff there are no accidentals so I would say Amin if I remember my theory correctly. But the tapping riff looks like D minor. And the tune ends on a D chord, so I'm guessing it's in d minor and the tune is not written out correctly. Tab looks perfect though.
The soloing does remind me a lot of rages know your enemy. And I'm guessing a wah and octave pedal. I'm gonna jump on both tunes, reapers and know your enemy
On Monday I'm going to have a few hour of free time and I'm all over this song.

This post has been edited by dcz702: Jun 13 2015, 08:45 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2015, 06:47 PM
Instructor
Great! Please record yourself and share the video here to let me see how to continue. Working on both songs is a good idea.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:57 AM