Carelessness, How is my singing
Ulrik
May 27 2012, 11:22 AM
Learning Rock Star
Got some computer/recording problems, so instead I decided to get out my cheap acoustic guitar and camera phone:

Maybe my attemp to keep the same tempo is not that good.

So how is my singing overall?
I know I haven't got the deepest male voice ever. Trying to give it a little more power in the end.
I want to take lessons, but haven't found anywhere yet.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dinaga
May 27 2012, 11:34 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey mate, I'm no expert at singing but I can say I enjoyed this smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
May 27 2012, 11:40 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Dinaga @ May 27 2012, 12:34 PM) *
Hey mate, I'm no expert at singing but I can say I enjoyed this smile.gif

Thanks, that was what I intended, that people should enjoy it!

This post has been edited by Ulrik: May 27 2012, 11:41 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
May 27 2012, 09:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Got some problems with the chorus, and playing the guitar at the same time:

And this one for GMC REC

--------------------

+Quote Post
JTaylor
May 28 2012, 12:53 AM
Apprentice Roadie
Careless Whisper came out when I was in high school and I really didn't care for it. This was early 80's and all I was into was Dio, Ratt, Dokken, Judas Priest, well, you get the picture. Years later when I realized there was more out there than just the 80's hair bands, George Michael became one of my favorite artists. You did the song justice. wink.gif I enjoyed the singing and I really liked the playing! I'll probably refer back to your video as I would like to learn it. biggrin.gif Another band did a cover of this song some time back and (in my opinion) ruined it. You did not. Congratulations!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
May 28 2012, 04:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (JTaylor @ May 28 2012, 01:53 AM) *
Careless Whisper came out when I was in high school and I really didn't care for it. This was early 80's and all I was into was Dio, Ratt, Dokken, Judas Priest, well, you get the picture. Years later when I realized there was more out there than just the 80's hair bands, George Michael became one of my favorite artists. You did the song justice. wink.gif I enjoyed the singing and I really liked the playing! I'll probably refer back to your video as I would like to learn it. biggrin.gif Another band did a cover of this song some time back and (in my opinion) ruined it. You did not. Congratulations!

Thanks.
Seether did a cover, and my singing is a closer to that version. Chords are Dm Gm Bb Am all the way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 28 2012, 11:47 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thank you for That !

It sounded good to me and what is a really fine thing - INSPIRATION - ! I like it a lot!

I myself can't sing at all but its good too to say (sing) what one wanna let out of him combined with great guitar playing.

It gives a great impulse to try out myself .

Dieter

+Quote Post
JTaylor
May 28 2012, 02:12 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (Ulrik @ May 27 2012, 11:28 PM) *
Thanks.
Seether did a cover, and my singing is a closer to that version. Chords are Dm Gm Bb Am all the way.

I still like yours better than Seether's. I don't care for the electric guitar in their version. The acoustic sounds more somber and gives it a lot more feeling. But hey, a lot of people apparently like Seether's version.... they're making the money! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 28 2012, 06:31 PM
Instructor
Nice take man! You are on pitch while singing and this is one of the most important things if you want to be a singer. You should study to sing louder since you are singing like whispering during the whole song. It becomes more difficult to keep the pitch when you sing louder from your diaphragm.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:10 AM