3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Urgent Message
Coram Deo
Jan 30 2008, 10:29 PM
GMC:er
I am as much to blame as the next guy, but I just realized that of all the "in the style of" lessons we don't have a Jimmy Page lesson. This should be fixed ASAP, and if I was good enough I would do it but since I suck I'll leave it up to one of our instuctors. This is a very serious issue, we don't want to upset the rock gods and put a jinx on the whole thing! ;-) ALL HAIL LED ZEPPLIN!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The Blues had a baby, and they named it Rock & Roll!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SteveBeer
Jan 30 2008, 10:35 PM
Agreed. His style has influenced at least one of the other guitarists that have their own "in the style of" lesson.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
You can't quit until you try
You can't live until you die
You can't learn to tell the truth until you learn to lie

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 30 2008, 10:40 PM
Instructor
maybe you have right

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 31 2008, 01:53 AM
Instructor
To be honest,I never felt Page as "unique" guitar player with some sort of trademark,lead wise... huh.gif
But compositions and riffing abilities,well that's another story for sure smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 31 2008, 02:03 AM
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 31 2008, 12:53 AM) *
To be honest,I never felt Page as "unique" guitar player with some sort of trademark,lead wise... huh.gif
But compositions and riffing abilities,well that's another story for sure smile.gif

Please do a John McLaughlin style lesson. I beg you lol. I need to learn from the starter of Jazz Fusion. A Jimmy Page lesson would surely go down well with everybody though. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jan 31 2008, 02:06 AM
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 30 2008, 06:53 PM) *

So wrong.

I was thinking the same thing just the other day. Also no Clapton. Go figure.

+Quote Post
JukeboxHero
Jan 31 2008, 02:12 AM
I have always thought of Jimmy Page as a great guitarist he was pretty revolutionary. I THINK he was the first one to use a bow on his guitar but that is uncertain. That was so simple but really great. So many guitarists have been influenced by his playing. I would love a Jimmy Page lesson. He is so well rounded as a guitarist from the immigrant song to since i've been loving you to the legendary Stairway to Heaven. Sorry for talking so much but I really like Jimmy Page as a guitarist.

--------------------
Look left------->-------------->------------>-----------> I said left!!!!!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 31 2008, 02:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jan 31 2008, 02:06 AM) *
So wrong.

I was thinking the same thing just the other day. Also no Clapton. Go figure.

Maybe I didn't understand,what is wrong,my personal opinion about him as unique(lead) player? smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 31 2008, 02:50 AM
Instructor
And thread dies sad.gif

Page is really a Legend,has influenced MILLIONS of players world wide,no one can deny that!!

All I wanted to say that I(only me)don't see him as a unique player when it comes to leads,only leads.
And I didn't say he's bad lead player,no way,
I just said he's not THAT unique from my point of view,that's all.

But it'd be cool to have a lesson in his style,same with Clapton. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
ace_frehely
Jan 31 2008, 03:07 AM
I agree..Jimmy Page is the best..he plays one of the best solos that has ever been created..

--------------------
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/guitar4ace.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">guitar4ace.</iframe><iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/major%20nelson.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">guitar4ace.</iframe

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jan 31 2008, 03:12 AM
I agree with muris, hes had good riffs and comps, but his solos didnt cut it really, not anything to different than other stuff that was being put out at the same time. And so many more players today have the same sort of style of him I feel.

I was in guitar center playing some licks 5 months ago when I only knew the pentatonic scale and a guy came up to me and listened for a while and said man you must like jimmy page alot. I said I didn't even know who he was.

Everything written above is purely my opinion, no need to argue it tongue.gif.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 31 2008, 03:22 AM
I agree with Muris; but we must remember that he was a very revolutionary guitarist at his time. And has written some of the best music ever. smile.gif

Plus Led Zeppelin's music laid the foundation for metal and rock for years to come. I'd say that that's a pretty huge acomplishment.

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Jan 31 2008, 03:51 AM

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 31 2008, 03:59 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
This is a little disturbing to me and I’m not sure what to think about all of these posts at this point. Some of you guy’s are saying they made a difference, and others are saying they can’t cut the mustered (so to speak) with today’s music (this is my take on what I have read so fare). Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page have truly made there stamp on music, as well as where it is today. Just cause they had older equipment and weren’t (or aren't / maybe considered) shredders doesn’t mean they weren’t cool. They are one of the reasons you are playing guitar today!

Thanks

That’s my 2 cents

PS: sorry for the spelling error. It happens

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jan 31 2008, 04:12 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jan 31 2008, 04:10 AM
He was totally revolutionary, but his style is overused today(IMHO), Hes great and stuff but honestly if he put out a solo album under a different name that no one heard of I don't think his stuff would sell that well in todays day.

I probably wouldn't buy it and listen to it more than once.

Anyways, Like I should know talking about previous era's guitar gods is not for any of us to argue about, they had their time and now other's have theirs.

tj

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
wylde guitar
Jan 31 2008, 04:13 AM
i forget where but the other day i saw a list of top 100 solo's of all time and stairway was peaked at #1. (Smells like teen spirit was #15 which made me mad cuz it's a great song but a decent solo, grrrr).

--------------------
As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool.

-Eddie Van Halen

+Quote Post
Robwylde
Jan 31 2008, 04:31 AM
Muris hit on something I guess I didn't consider. His lead playing doen't really stand out as extremely unique, but his prasing and rythmic pattern's are tops! We definitely need a in style of Jimmy Page. Maybe so many have copied his style we don't realize how unique he is? ZEPPLIN ROCKS!

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 31 2008, 04:42 AM
Well, if you think back to his era - growing straight out of the blues scene - he was pretty revolutionary. Led Zeppelin basically ripped off american blues and made british rock...He had a much darker edge than Clapton, Hendrix, or Santana...all these greats existed at one time, holy crap I was born during the wrong era!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 31 2008, 05:02 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
My two cents.

It's all in timeframe. For the era, he was great. Just a different style. To be quite honest, I liked LZ, but they were never my favorite from that era. Page is famous for playing his guitar with a cello bow, as on the songs "Dazed and Confused", "How Many More Times", "Kashmir", and in the interlude of "In the Evening". How different is that, I would say that's a matter of style.

He did recruit JB, and RP back when the band was called the Yardbirds. If I'm not mistaken, JPJ actually contacted him to join the band.

So yes, IMO, I would consider him great! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 31 2008, 06:45 AM
Instructor
Ouch,my post made some real turbulence huh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 31 2008, 08:44 AM
Instructor
Oh, poor Muris, hehe, he only have explain his own opinion. Don't worry guys, I think the best solution is a "In the style of Led Zep" because they had an interesting style, and it's easier to do this lesson smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:51 PM