3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Excellent First Night, thank you
chast
Dec 14 2007, 05:44 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Dec 14 2007, 05:38 PM) *
I'd like to play in a melodic extreme metal band. I have a lot of experience of writing and performing in this genre so that would be fun for me.
It may not be expanded my horizons much but I do enough of that on my music course, so it'll be fun to just jam with others GMCers in a style I'm very enthusiastic about!

Hm...
I think that is a bit too specified, but if the metal-category will be established, I think you could open a thread there and ask for other members who are interessted. But we arent that far for now wink.gif

As already said, a subforum would be good for starting smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 14 2007, 05:45 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 14 2007, 11:42 AM) *
are you in Unleash m8? wink.gif smile.gif

Yeah once I get my laptop back from being repaired, get my recording software and maybe some other new guitar software i'd like to buy on it also. And get back into shape because I am kinda rusty right now since I havent played much lately. But yeah I will be in it eventually. If you dont mind the delay??

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
chast
Dec 14 2007, 05:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Just another thought came to my mind for the later stage.
Maybe if the "bands" are interessted in it, they also could do some "In the Style Of"-songs and maybe also provide some tabs or something, so its more or less a lesson for the people, who are interessted in that band.
Just an idea... wink.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 14 2007, 05:48 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (chast @ Dec 14 2007, 04:44 PM) *
Hm...
I think that is a bit too specified, but if the metal-category will be established, I think you could open a thread there and ask for other members who are interessted. But we arent that far for now wink.gif

As already said, a subforum would be good for starting smile.gif

No its fine Chast, I know where ya comin from but its all about throwing ideas around at the moment I`ve got a lot of ideas growing out of this at the moment and hopefully cater for lots of different varieties inside of the main catorgories wink.gif cheers m8, all comments are good comments at the mo, gives me a bigger picture to look at.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Dec 14 2007, 06:38 PM
Hi Smells!
You can count me in for the "beginner section"!
This place (GMC) is so cool!!!!
And some of you guys out there are HUGE! (SMELLS like fun! laugh.gif )
Cheers, Eddie

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 14 2007, 06:48 PM
I could lead a beginner one and would love being part of a blues/rock collab smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Dec 14 2007, 06:55 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Dec 14 2007, 06:48 PM) *
I could lead a beginner one and would love being part of a blues/rock collab smile.gif

Hi Iluha!
Ain't that good, but I'd be glad to be in your "Band"!

Eddie

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
Dec 14 2007, 06:59 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
This is an awesome idea Smaells I would love to get involved.

I now do have some decent recording software plus I do vocals and bass so if its anything Metal count me in mate!!!!

Check out my upload on members area for some idea of vocals (black in the day?) I kinda did that in one take so its not great but if you want me on anything in that style I would be glad to do it

Cheers Alex

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 14 2007, 07:24 PM
Instructor
Great idea!! biggrin.gif

Hope to jump into one of these bands soon,
currently I'm in a sort of rush,
probably it'll fade away a bit after New Years Eve. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 14 2007, 07:44 PM
Moderation Policy Director
News travels fast - as you can see, we have a new board for this already and I have moved this topic here as the first post smile.gif

Smells will be the moderator of the board with assistance from me as required smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 14 2007, 08:01 PM
So.. should we start posting threads with our band ideas?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 14 2007, 08:08 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Dec 14 2007, 07:01 PM) *
So.. should we start posting threads with our band ideas?

hi Iluha, certainly keep coming up with your ideas m8 if you can just hold off posting just for a bit please, over the course of tonight I`m going to start some topics where you will be able to post your ideas, your enthusiasm is admirable m8 biggrin.gif I`m really glad this has kicked off something for us all.

thanks smile.gif

ps. any members wanting to join up I`m going to put a "Join up here post" up real soon so if you can wait for that to appear I`d appreciate it, thanks biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 14 2007, 08:23 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 14 2007, 09:08 PM) *
hi Iluha, certainly keep coming up with your ideas m8 if you can just hold off posting just for a bit please, over the course of tonight I`m going to start some topics where you will be able to post your ideas, your enthusiasm is admirable m8 biggrin.gif I`m really glad this has kicked off something for us all.

thanks smile.gif

ps. any members wanting to join up I`m going to put a "Join up here post" up real soon so if you can wait for that to appear I`d appreciate it, thanks biggrin.gif

Heheh yeah this idea been in my head for several months, and now that you brought it out to light, I'm ready to shoot some band ideas at you smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 14 2007, 08:34 PM
Man, this would be awesome biggrin.gif ; I've got to learn how to record first though sad.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 14 2007, 08:36 PM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Dec 14 2007, 07:34 PM) *
Man, this would be awesome biggrin.gif ; I've got to learn how to record first though sad.gif

I hoping so m8 biggrin.gif

do you have recording software at all? or just not know where to start?

theres lots and lots of recording topics and ideas on the forum m8 if you need help smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 14 2007, 08:41 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 14 2007, 01:36 PM) *
I hoping so m8 biggrin.gif

do you have recording software at all? or just not know where to start?

theres lots and lots of recording topics and ideas on the forum m8 if you need help smile.gif

I honestly just don't know where to start...I was going to buy a POD X3 which I've heard can be used for recording, but I decide to save $400 and just go with a single distortion pedal.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 14 2007, 08:44 PM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Dec 14 2007, 09:41 PM) *
I honestly just don't know where to start...I was going to buy a POD X3 which I've heard can be used for recording, but I decide to save $400 and just go with a single distortion pedal.

You should get a Toneport, it costs only 50$ I bealive and it will give you a great worth of you'r money.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 14 2007, 08:46 PM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Dec 14 2007, 07:41 PM) *

arr I see, well I`d start here theres lots of low cost software around, personally after trying it out for a short while I`d go with Reaper, its free to try and a low license fee to buy. Have a good read up in the Recording forum, theres a wealth of info in there , I hope ya sort it m8, we need people in these bands biggrin.gif wink.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Dec 14 2007, 08:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 14 2007, 08:50 PM
OK, thanks guys, I'll be sure to read up really well. This is definitely an area that I've been wanting to get into. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 14 2007, 11:09 PM
Quick apology to those that registered an interest before, Iluha, David, Unleash, Eddie etc, would you all be kind enough to have a quick read through the brief, decide if you want to start a band or be a member, in the two new pinned topics I`ve started, thanks guys you where great to help to get this idea off the ground thanks! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:22 PM