> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Jaxn4 - Guitar Loves Piano
Grade
Guitar Loves Piano
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [60.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

JD_
Jul 18 2011, 06:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello GMC Instructors! This is my first ever attempt at the REC program. Thanks for your advice in advance....

Here is my Version of Guitar Loves Piano

Original Lesson : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/guitar_loves_piano/

My Version :

I apologise for the Bad video quality, (Vibrato is hard to see) I will have it sorted for my next upload.

Gear: Washburn N4, POD Farm, Reaper, Webcam

Thank you to PIOTR KACZOR for making such a awesome piece of music....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Aug 5 2011, 05:00 PM

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 19 2011, 11:59 AM
Instructor
Hey, great to see you getting involved on the REC boards.. nice one ! cool.gif

Great choice of lesson, too smile.gif

Ok, I'd say you carried the feel of the piece through quite well and you got some of the subtle nuances right. The bits that could be even better are vibrato - it could be more controlled, perhaps a bit slower and a little wider.. and timing - it was just a little rushed in a few places.

I noticed you use your little finger a lot to play notes where most guitarists I know would use either their 3rd or 2nd finger. The little finger on its own doesn't have much strength and isn't as controlled as using one of the other fingers. 2 things you could do are either use your 2nd or 3rd finger, with your unused fingers on the string in front of it providing extra forceand stability... or if you do really want to use your little finger, just add your unused fingers to the string as well, providing that same sort of stability.

For some more tips on vibrato and finger placement check out Marcus Lavendell's or my lessons on Vibrato.. you'll get to see the finger stability thing in use smile.gif

I hope I've made sense.. feel free to send me a p.m. and ask me more if I didn't smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 19 2011, 04:01 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
ttt

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 20 2011, 07:13 AM
Instructor
Hey man! You learnt all the notes for the lessons perfectly. I think that now you have to focus on the feeling of your playing.... is you check Piotr text.. he says:
"The guitar line is easy to play, but remember! you have to focus on bends, vibrato and dynamics. Even a simple melody with appropriate phrasing may sound cool."
One thing that I note is that you are not using the same left hand fingers than him in every note.. for example you end the first phrase with finger 4 while the instructor does it with finger 3. It's more difficult to do the vibrato with the 4th finger. It's also important to note how Piotr uses fingers 1 and 2 to help the 3rd finger to do the vibrato... he pushes with the three fingers (check at 00:09).
So.. it's a good take but I think that you should check the original video and try to emulate how Piotr plays every melody... his feeling is awesome. Learn every vibrato, every slide and you'll incorporate that type of playing soon.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 20 2011, 01:44 PM
Instructor
I think it's a very good take with proper timing. The thing that you should spend some time working on is bending and vibrato. Bending involves all fingers, so try to create support with other fingers when bending e.g if you bend with the ring finger, make support with index and middle finger behind it.

With vibrato, it's pretty much the same thing, although the technique is more sophisticated as it involves several consecutive and identical bends, so you should be able to bend perfectly good several times in a row. Practicing with metronome helps you achieve wide and steady vibrato.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Jul 20 2011, 01:52 PM
Instructor
Fellows instructors have already said everything! Really cool take, my friend!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 20 2011, 02:52 PM
Instructor
Mate, this lesson is all about expression! So, as Gabe said, check out Piotr's every move and try to emulate it as good as possible! The idea is that, you should be able to develop your feel for the subtle nuances of this fine instrument after finishing with this lesson. Once again, don't get me wrong, you played it very correctly but, now it's time to incorporate the nuances, flavors and colors of the sound! Let's make it amazing my friend! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 25 2011, 09:05 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.6 on this lesson attempt man,pass!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:00 PM