Gmc Collaborations
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 15 2012, 10:14 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
GMC Collaborations
We usually call them 'collabs'

What is a collaboration?
Collaborations are initiated by instructors on their personal boards. You are provided with a piece of music (aka backing track) for you to play over. Each collaboration is unique - and the goal is usually to jam over the backing track following tips given by the instructor. Collaborations can be video-only, audio-only or a combination of both.

Who can enter a collaboration?
Collaborations are for fun and your level of playing doesn't matter! Taking part in GMC collaborations is very similar to playing in a band. The coolest collabs done in video format get featured on the GMC homepage and receive over 70 000+ views on YouTube - which is almost like playing in front of a concert stadium audience! Again - players of all levels are more than welcome. It is all for fun and learning - so don't be shy! After the collaboration is over, the instructor provides tips & feedback on your performance - and you will be able to enjoy a unique piece of music.

HOW TO ENTER A COLLABORATION :

1. Check this list for currently active collaborations

2. Read the instructor's opening post with instructions and download the backing track provided

3. Record your jamming over the backing track and submit your takes in the collaboration thread

Now - let's jam together! cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
derper
Oct 16 2012, 06:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
I have always thought that the GMC collabs are representative of the mindset here at GMC.... all skill levels welcome, playing together, and encouraging one another!! I have always thought it was really cool to see that attitude here at GMC. No matter how GOOD one player might be, they are always willing to support and help others to improve and have fun!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 16 2012, 06:57 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Let's not forget these collabs are great to show some old school riffs...and dress up now and then laugh.gif

Seriously, I'm always happy when I see a new collab, they are one of the best features of GMC.

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 16 2012, 07:01 PM
Instructor
Great post Bogdan! Now everybody should join!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 17 2012, 09:43 PM
GMC:er
Well said! I applaud your use of 80s Poofy Hair Wigs and VIking garb! Keep it up!

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Oct 16 2012, 01:57 PM) *
Let's not forget these collabs are great to show some old school riffs...and dress up now and then laugh.gif

Seriously, I'm always happy when I see a new collab, they are one of the best features of GMC.

Christian

+Quote Post
Fayeed Tan
Nov 14 2012, 01:14 AM
Instructor
Is this still up? Can I join? When's the deadline? biggrin.gif

--------------------
https://soundcloud.com/fayeedtan/el-nino-original-version
FOLLOW ME! www.facebook.com/fayeedtan
SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/user/Fayeedtan/
FOLLOW ME! www.twitter.com/FayeedTAN
FOLLOW ME! www.soundcloud.com/fayeedtan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 14 2012, 03:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fayeed Tan @ Nov 13 2012, 09:14 PM) *

I'll let you know when my next one is ready to join!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Nov 14 2012, 03:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Fayeed Tan @ Nov 14 2012, 01:14 AM) *

Hi Fayeed. Usually, it works like this: an instructor records a backing track and posts it in a separate thread together with deadline and whether it's supposed to be a video collab or an audio only collab. Then anyone, studends and other instructors, can post their takes after which the initiator mixes everything together. See for instance the forum posts

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=615255

or

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=614247

for the final results of recent collabs.

All this is ongoing, about once a month some of the instructors initiate a new collaboration, and I am assuming that you are most welcome to participate in any of them. Better still, come up with one of your own for all of us to record a solo for!

H

PS There is a sticky topic in the Practice Room subforum listing the currently active collaborations.

+Quote Post
Fayeed Tan
Nov 28 2012, 04:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 14 2012, 03:19 PM) *
I'll let you know when my next one is ready to join!! smile.gif

Thanks! I''m excited to join the next collab! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Nov 14 2012, 03:30 PM) *
Hi Fayeed. Usually, it works like this: an instructor records a backing track and posts it in a separate thread together with deadline and whether it's supposed to be a video collab or an audio only collab. Then anyone, studends and other instructors, can post their takes after which the initiator mixes everything together. See for instance the forum posts

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=615255

or

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=614247

for the final results of recent collabs.

All this is ongoing, about once a month some of the instructors initiate a new collaboration, and I am assuming that you are most welcome to participate in any of them. Better still, come up with one of your own for all of us to record a solo for!

H

PS There is a sticky topic in the Practice Room subforum listing the currently active collaborations.

Great! thanks for the info! biggrin.gif

--------------------
https://soundcloud.com/fayeedtan/el-nino-original-version
FOLLOW ME! www.facebook.com/fayeedtan
SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/user/Fayeedtan/
FOLLOW ME! www.twitter.com/FayeedTAN
FOLLOW ME! www.soundcloud.com/fayeedtan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2012, 03:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fayeed Tan @ Nov 28 2012, 12:27 AM) *
Thanks! I''m excited to join the next collab! biggrin.gif

Great! thanks for the info! biggrin.gif

You can join it here!!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=46816

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 7 2012, 04:49 AM
GMC:er
GAME OF THRONES STUDENT COLLAB!!!

Here is the link to a new Student Collab from Patrik Berg. It's the GAME OF THRONES theme!!!! Done in METAL STYLE smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=46948

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:37 AM