A Humble Introduction
Cem
Feb 2 2012, 12:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
Before saying anything, I want to thank Gabriel Leopardi for pulling me out of my nutshell. That PM was just what I needed smile.gif

My name is Cengiz (but I prefer to use "Cem", much easier to remember and pronounce in English), I'm from Turkey and 19 years old. Musically; I've been playing guitar for little less than 3 years, I'm playing piano and singing as well.

I can't really explain how I started to play guitar. Just before my high school years someone had the idea me playing guitar, at first I liked the idea but as the time passed on I get away from guitar more and more for various reasons, eventually I quit it. After 2 or 3 years, something clicked inside me and I felt I have to play guitar. That was the best decision ever I've made.

I am notorious for my motor skills, for this reason my repertoire nearly consists of nothing but exercise patterns. In addition to these, as a mostly self taught guitarist I had some bad habits, for these reasons I am never content with what comes out of my amplifier. This is something that I exceptionally dislike but I am struggling to find a way out of it. I think I can get over it with joining/forming a band but I'm feeling very negative about the whole band stuff. I simply feel I am not ready for that.

I really don't have much to say about who influenced my play, rather than worshipping one guitarist and try play like him, I try to learn something from everyone, not necessarily guitarists, to complete to big puzzle of inner myself smile.gif . That being said, Malmsteen was the biggest part of it, I learned a lot from him not just his play but his stance as a musician. Chopin is the another big part of it, I even considered leaving guitar and focusing on piano completely. Thank god that never happened smile.gif

My gear is nothing but just an Ibanez rg370dxl and a roland micro cube. I really want to get a decent guitar rig but I dont have an idea where to begin with. I am a guitar freak but I have absolutely no idea about the fuss surrounding it(amps,pedals,processsors, pickups etc.).

So this is how I feel as a musician smile.gif. And again, I want to thank Gabriel for making me to write these smile.gif. Cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Feb 2 2012, 01:13 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Cem @ Feb 2 2012, 11:54 AM) *
Before saying anything, I want to thank Gabriel Leopardi for pulling me out of my nutshell. That PM was just what I needed smile.gif

My name is Cengiz (but I prefer to use "Cem", much easier to remember and pronounce in English), I'm from Turkey and 19 years old. Musically; I've been playing guitar for little less than 3 years, I'm playing piano and singing as well.

I can't really explain how I started to play guitar. Just before my high school years someone had the idea me playing guitar, at first I liked the idea but as the time passed on I get away from guitar more and more for various reasons, eventually I quit it. After 2 or 3 years, something clicked inside me and I felt I have to play guitar. That was the best decision ever I've made.

I am notorious for my motor skills, for this reason my repertoire nearly consists of nothing but exercise patterns. In addition to these, as a mostly self taught guitarist I had some bad habits, for these reasons I am never content with what comes out of my amplifier. This is something that I exceptionally dislike but I am struggling to find a way out of it. I think I can get over it with joining/forming a band but I'm feeling very negative about the whole band stuff. I simply feel I am not ready for that.

I really don't have much to say about who influenced my play, rather than worshipping one guitarist and try play like him, I try to learn something from everyone, not necessarily guitarists, to complete to big puzzle of inner myself smile.gif . That being said, Malmsteen was the biggest part of it, I learned a lot from him not just his play but his stance as a musician. Chopin is the another big part of it, I even considered leaving guitar and focusing on piano completely. Thank god that never happened smile.gif

My gear is nothing but just an Ibanez rg370dxl and a roland micro cube. I really want to get a decent guitar rig but I dont have an idea where to begin with. I am a guitar freak but I have absolutely no idea about the fuss surrounding it(amps,pedals,processsors, pickups etc.).

So this is how I feel as a musician smile.gif. And again, I want to thank Gabriel for making me to write these smile.gif. Cheers!

Welcome to the site! I am glad Gabriel dragged you out from wherever you were hiding! I hope you choose to stay, as this is an amazing community. You will find it very hard to leave once you spend some time here and interact with the other members.

Good luck and happy shredding!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 2 2012, 04:15 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome Cem! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 2 2012, 09:07 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Cem ! smile.gif

Is there any specific techniques that you feel you would like to improve now that you are here ?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 2 2012, 11:46 PM
GMC:er
Well hey there! wink.gif Jump in to the collabs and the video chats and get ready to be happier with what comes out of your amp! We do a lot of the type of work you are talking about in my Saturday Video Chats so do stop by!

Todd

QUOTE (Cem @ Feb 2 2012, 06:54 AM) *

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 3 2012, 12:18 AM
Instructor
Welcome to the site man smile.gif ! Feel free to ask for anything that you are interested wink.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 6 2012, 04:00 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC man, it's very nice that you started to post on the forums, and very nice of Gab for helping you out. Make sure you check out his program for video chats, he shows some great techniques there too. We will all help as much as possible, but in the end, you are the one that needs to practice, so try to get to it. If you need any help, we'll be here smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cem
Feb 12 2012, 01:56 AM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks for the big welcome guys tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 2 2012, 08:07 PM) *
Welcome to GMC Cem ! smile.gif

Is there any specific techniques that you feel you would like to improve now that you are here ?

Oh boy.. My practice routine was heavily built around technique partitions. Though I am master of none, I feel I can get really good with any of them (except tapping) in short time. Technique partitions are good for improvement but it was really hard to focus and sustain myself on one task. From this point all I need is just a target to reach, and while doing so I will achieve perfection in guitar techniques.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 12 2012, 03:29 AM
GMC:er
Welcome CEM! Todd here smile.gif i saw you in Chat on Saturday! Glad you could make it smile.gif Gab is an awesome player and instructor, the good news is, GMC is packed with both! You have come to the right place wink.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Cem
Feb 12 2012, 06:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 12 2012, 02:29 AM) *
Welcome CEM! Todd here smile.gif i saw you in Chat on Saturday! Glad you could make it smile.gif Gab is an awesome player and instructor, the good news is, GMC is packed with both! You have come to the right place wink.gif

Todd

Hey, thanks for the double welcome tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:38 PM