> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Nimrandir's Orchestration And Songwriting Space
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 14 2012, 08:45 AM
Instructor
This is where the adventure begins smile.gif mate, I think your rely to much on what you already know how to play instead of just letting your inner self make music.

It's a bit hard to describe smile.gif well, I know exactly what you are going through, as I have been there myself until 2007-2008 smile.gif

Have you managed to write a song from A to Z until now? If yes, can I hear it?

all the best

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Feb 14 2012, 02:52 PM
GMC:er
Thanks for taking me aboard Cosmin! smile.gif

Actually no, I have not written any full songs at all sad.gif. I have a lot of detached ideas, in GP and actual audio recordings (I like GP because I can make sketches of full arrangements there, but if I come up with something while practicing I just hit record and capture it in audio most of the time), some even developed to some extent, but no songs written from A to Z.. Probably some from A to L biggrin.gif. I can show you some of them you'd like smile.gif.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 14 2012, 02:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Feb 14 2012, 01:52 PM) *
Thanks for taking me aboard Cosmin! smile.gif

Actually no, I have not written any full songs at all sad.gif. I have a lot of detached ideas, in GP and actual audio recordings (I like GP because I can make sketches of full arrangements there, but if I come up with something while practicing I just hit record and capture it in audio most of the time), some even developed to some extent, but no songs written from A to Z.. Probably some from A to L biggrin.gif. I can show you some of them you'd like smile.gif.

Most certainly wink.gif post them here and let's discuss smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Feb 14 2012, 04:12 PM
Oh, my mistake, I meant "IF you'd like", not "you'd like them" biggrin.gif.

Here are some GPs. I'll have to do some searching to locate audios, as I've formatted all my computers recently and don't remember where I'd put them smile.gif.

I've selected a few ideas that are not very short and a bit developed. There are more, but they are usually just 2-3 bars long. And yes, sometimes the fingerings are impossible, but I haven't worried much about them as I want to get the right notes first, and then refinger everything smile.gif.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  smt5.gp5 ( 30.72K ) Number of downloads: 97
Attached File  wtf29_4.gp5 ( 23.71K ) Number of downloads: 94
Attached File  wtf42_2.gp5 ( 6.21K ) Number of downloads: 98
Attached File  wtf43.gp5 ( 10.67K ) Number of downloads: 81
Attached File  wtf51_5.gp5 ( 10.38K ) Number of downloads: 87
Attached File  wtf66.gp5 ( 22.3K ) Number of downloads: 86
Attached File  wtf67.gp5 ( 8.32K ) Number of downloads: 89
Attached File  wtf___.gp5 ( 17.81K ) Number of downloads: 88

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 15 2012, 10:39 AM
Instructor
Alright! Will listen to them today, after I get back from rehearsals and come up with suggestions and ideas wink.gif they seem to be many and I don't want to storm through them smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Feb 16 2012, 02:12 PM
Hi Cosmin!

Any updates on this? smile.gif Or are those GPs too dreadful? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2012, 03:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Feb 16 2012, 01:12 PM) *
Hi Cosmin!

Any updates on this? smile.gif Or are those GPs too dreadful? biggrin.gif

No man, they are not dreadful! smile.gif just taking them one by one! Wanna finish them and then write to you wink.gif

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Feb 16 2012, 05:04 PM
Please be as strict as possible with these smile.gif. I want to know all the hard truth about them (and also about my playing in general) smile.gif.

I also forgot to mention that those are quite old - 2-5 years old. I actually haven't added anything to my little "collection" after this wtf67 (had about a year long break almost without guitar).

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 17 2012, 02:51 PM
Instructor
Mate...you are a very very musical man biggrin.gif I really enjoyed listening to all of this and I am very curious to hear these put into actual recorded tracks! All the ideas are very good but they need to be developed and transformed into songs otherwise it's a pity, really smile.gif

I would be HONORED to help you with transforming these into songs smile.gif VERY NICE! Congrats! First things first, would you like that and do you see it as a priority or would you rather work on something else?

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Feb 17 2012, 04:12 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 17 2012, 03:51 PM) *
Mate...you are a very very musical man biggrin.gif I really enjoyed listening to all of this and I am very curious to hear these put into actual recorded tracks! All the ideas are very good but they need to be developed and transformed into songs otherwise it's a pity, really smile.gif

I would be HONORED to help you with transforming these into songs smile.gif VERY NICE! Congrats! First things first, would you like that and do you see it as a priority or would you rather work on something else?

Thanks Cosmin! And the honor is all mine smile.gif. I think it's my top priority, because it feels kind of depressing to have not a single song composed after so many years of guitar playing biggrin.gif.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 17 2012, 07:59 PM
Instructor
That's absolutely great man! smile.gif Let's see, which one would you like to start with?

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Feb 17 2012, 08:46 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 17 2012, 08:59 PM) *
That's absolutely great man! smile.gif Let's see, which one would you like to start with?

Ow.. That's a good question biggrin.gif. I don't mind doing any of them, which one would you advise? tongue.gif (otherwise I'll just toss a die probably biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Feb 18 2012, 06:09 AM
And I forgot to say that whenever I've written anything, I was thinking instrumental, as I absolutely can't sing smile.gif. And I'm not in a band either, so there's noone who can do singing for me biggrin.gif.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 18 2012, 09:45 AM
Instructor
Let's start with smt5 smile.gif I like this one's melodic theme! No problem man, first of all we'll create structures. Tell me, what sort of experience do you have with recording in general?

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Feb 18 2012, 02:27 PM
Well, I've recorded stuff for collabs and that's basically it smile.gif. I use Cubase as DAW, guitar rig for guitars and can use different VSTs for all other instruments. I don't think I'll have trouble recording anything smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 18 2012, 02:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Feb 18 2012, 01:27 PM) *
Well, I've recorded stuff for collabs and that's basically it smile.gif. I use Cubase as DAW, guitar rig for guitars and can use different VSTs for all other instruments. I don't think I'll have trouble recording anything smile.gif.

Very good to hear this mate!

I we should take a look in the GP so we may see what's missing and try to come up with those parts first thing, then write down a basic song structure in the DAW, record the guitars and step on to final orchestration details.

Now, what do you feel that this piece is missing? biggrin.gif I'm curious to see if your answer is close to my idea tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Feb 18 2012, 03:34 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 18 2012, 03:51 PM) *
Very good to hear this mate!

I we should take a look in the GP so we may see what's missing and try to come up with those parts first thing, then write down a basic song structure in the DAW, record the guitars and step on to final orchestration details.

Now, what do you feel that this piece is missing? biggrin.gif I'm curious to see if your answer is close to my idea tongue.gif

Hmm let's see.. smile.gif If we assume that the intro melody will be a part chorus later on (I don't really know if it will fit into this function; if it does then probably a lead melody can be added on top of it, although I'm not sure about it either tongue.gif ), then the "verse" (the thing appearing at bar 23) has to be developed, mostly by adding melody line on top of it. Then there needs to be a buildup leading from this verse to the chorus. After a couple of rounds there can be a "breakdown" (which I was quite unsuccessfully trying to get starting from bar 65) and then solo. Finish with chorus and outro smile.gif. This is how I see it, it's quite vague and the details may come up when I'm composing specific parts. I'm also not so sure about intro melody functioning as a chorus smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2012, 08:49 PM
Instructor
Hehe, I was thinking about using the intro melody as a chorus as well! wink.gif Now, regarding the verse part we can leave it like that for the moment until we can find a suitable melody.

The buildup can be a simple crescendo for instance, which leads straight into the chorus - based on that, we can think about he verse line smile.gif

Mate I really think you have all the parts! This could sound epic!!! Sorry for being a little slower, but I didn't want to write stuff just for the sake of it and I took some time to listen some more.

Now, don't fuss about the details just yet, as you said they may appear or go along the way.

Let's use this structure:

- Intro (Chorus)
- Chorus
- Verse1
- Crescendo
- Chorus
- Verse 2
- Chorus (no crescendo so we may vary a little)
- Breakdown (middle)
- Solo
- Chorus
- Outro

If you agree with this maybe you could already start laying down a drum track smile.gif I can help with guitar recording if you'd like biggrin.gif I mean I find this track very inspiring so, I'd love to get involved tongue.gif

all the best

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Feb 21 2012, 05:54 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 20 2012, 09:49 PM) *
Hehe, I was thinking about using the intro melody as a chorus as well! wink.gif Now, regarding the verse part we can leave it like that for the moment until we can find a suitable melody.

The buildup can be a simple crescendo for instance, which leads straight into the chorus - based on that, we can think about he verse line smile.gif

Mate I really think you have all the parts! This could sound epic!!!

Yes C-Maestro! smile.gif However I've got to say.. I'm not so sure I know the exact definition of crescendo biggrin.gif. Is it basically starting quite and "thin" and then building up volume and intensity in a matter of a couple of bars? smile.gif And it could sound epic, but only if somebody else would do it, not me tongue.gif biggrin.gif.

Sorry for being a little slower, but I didn't want to write stuff just for the sake of it and I took some time to listen some more.

It's absolutely OK smile.gif. I myself am in the middle of pretty intensive study period in the University (exams on the next week), so I haven't picked up the guitar for two days now.. I hope tomorrow I'll get back on track smile.gif.

Now, don't fuss about the details just yet, as you said they may appear or go along the way.

Let's use this structure:

- Intro (Chorus)
- Chorus
- Verse1
- Crescendo
- Chorus
- Verse 2
- Chorus (no crescendo so we may vary a little)
- Breakdown (middle)
- Solo
- Chorus
- Outro

If you agree with this maybe you could already start laying down a drum track smile.gif I can help with guitar recording if you'd like biggrin.gif I mean I find this track very inspiring so, I'd love to get involved tongue.gif

all the best

Cosmin

Ok, drum track.. Always had problems with drums smile.gif. I just don't know how to compose them, I don't even know the names of different drums which I might hear in my head smile.gif. But I'll try and see what I can come up with smile.gif.

And I'll be honored if you could record some guitar parts for this track smile.gif. This track will deffinitely need some pro touch tongue.gif.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2012, 08:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Feb 21 2012, 04:54 AM) *
Yes C-Maestro! smile.gif However I've got to say.. I'm not so sure I know the exact definition of crescendo biggrin.gif. Is it basically starting quite and "thin" and then building up volume and intensity in a matter of a couple of bars? smile.gif And it could sound epic, but only if somebody else would do it, not me tongue.gif biggrin.gif.

It's absolutely OK smile.gif. I myself am in the middle of pretty intensive study period in the University (exams on the next week), so I haven't picked up the guitar for two days now.. I hope tomorrow I'll get back on track smile.gif.

Ok, drum track.. Always had problems with drums smile.gif. I just don't know how to compose them, I don't even know the names of different drums which I might hear in my head smile.gif. But I'll try and see what I can come up with smile.gif.

And I'll be honored if you could record some guitar parts for this track smile.gif. This track will deffinitely need some pro touch tongue.gif.

I can try and lay down a drum track for ya if you'd like tongue.gif and then send printscreens with the structures so you may understand what's shaking here and there. After that you will be able to write in no time biggrin.gif About the crescendo - the definition you came up with is very accurate wink.gif and it's just what we'll do.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:18 AM