Battle Of The Bands
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 19 2007, 08:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey

I always hear about these Battle Of The Bands and then the band gets signed or wins money or something, but do they actually exist? And if they do, are there any for people my age (13)? Btw I live in London, Ontario so if there is one close by here that you know of please notify me. Thanks biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 19 2007, 03:55 PM

+Quote Post
Tank
Jan 19 2007, 05:52 PM
GMC Veteran
I've played session for a couple of groups who were going through Battle of the Bands competitions. Basically you'll get on average 3 bands play, each has a timed set, usually about 30-40 minutes. At the end of the gig, the audience (or sometimes judges) will vote on who is the best, and they go through to the next round. The overall winner usually wins money, gear, a big gig, or a chance to record an album.

If you are thinking of entering, get your band up to scratch. Try to play something that's going to sound different than the other groups participating, and if you can, bring a coach load of screaming fans with you. If you are being voted by judges they'll think "wow, look at all those screaming fans". And if it's audience vote, well it's going to be easier to win if you've already brought 60 people who are all going to vote for you no matter how well you play!!

/T

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 19 2007, 10:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
So there would be some for age 13? Btw if you happen to be on google and see 1, please let me know a.s.a.p. because i can't seem to find them anywhere

This post has been edited by Stevie·Ray·Vaughn: Jan 19 2007, 10:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
moorkop
Jan 19 2007, 10:57 PM
GMC:er
Battle of the bands is pretty common here in Holland, in the local pub or at these neighborhoodcenters, it's like an open stage, to play with your band.
Usually you play original songs, and thats the only way to win
I'm going to the battle of the bands tomorrow (just to watch), there are a lot of high quality bands with members of probably 20+
The fact that you're 13 doesn't matter but you need to get a good band together and write good own songs, which is very hard. If you can do that being young can be an advantage

If you have a band, start practicing every day smile.gif , if not, get one right now:lol:

to find these battle of the bands, google is not your best place to find them, but the local music store or music school is!

--------------------
gear
guitar: ibanez SA 260 FM
amp: hughes & ketler blue edition 60 wts (in garage)
amp you hear: crappy yahama borrowed from friend
effects: dunlop jimi hendrix wahwah

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 20 2007, 07:52 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for your help everyone, Ill look into finding one.

I have a second question tho...similar to the first

Is there anywhere i could play that ISNT a battle of the bands? Remember, I'm 13, so cross bars off the list. If you can, just name some places you think i could play.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jete124
Jan 20 2007, 08:21 AM

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 20 2007, 08:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
At our arena, there is a place above it where theres always partys and whatnot (new years partys, christmas, halloween, hockey, dances, etc.) and there i a stage (if you can even call it that lol) up there but i dont think a band has ever played up there, but do you think that would work? And would i be getting paid?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Engellos
Jan 22 2007, 05:23 AM
I went to two battle of the bands in the last month, unfortunately I wasn't competing.

This post has been edited by Engellos: Jan 22 2007, 05:24 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:13 PM