Your Next Goal!
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2011, 03:21 PM
Instructor
Hey guys, one of the most amazing things of music is that it's infinite. We can always learn a new technique, a new chord, a a new scale, a new song... so I would lke to know What thing/s are your working now? what's your next goal in music & guitar?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 29 2011, 03:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
Next goal: Do some acceptable vocals for Project Quadrium.

And it will be fun too! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 29 2011, 03:25 PM
GMC:er
My goal is to be a role model as Guitarist and Musician, to this next generations of human beings! i know it's a silly goal, but at less it keeps me motivated to keep playing guitar.

Working on Ear, rather than tech' now. really need to open mine.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jun 29 2011, 03:26 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2011, 03:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jun 29 2011, 11:25 AM) *
Next goal: Do some acceptable vocals for Project Quadrium.

And it will be fun too! biggrin.gif

Amazing! Are you a singer? Have you ever sung?

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jun 29 2011, 11:25 AM) *
My goal is to be a role model as Guitarist and Musician, to this next generations of human beings! i know it's a silly goal, but at less it keeps me motivated to keep playing guitar.

Working on Ear, rather than tech' now. really need to open mine.

It's not silly! it's a big challenge man! I read yout thread about Ear Training! Do you already have the piano at home? How is this practice going?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 29 2011, 03:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 29 2011, 04:29 PM) *
Amazing! Are you a singer? Have you ever sung?

I want to be a better singer.
In high school I had too sing at a concert in the church, and I guess
I've been singing solo twice in front of small crowds (+20 people).
And of course a lot with friends and an acoustic guitar.

I've only done one recording of a home made song, which I uploaded here:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=39460
It needs more power and human prescense.

And here is what I'm doing now:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...7701&st=320
It's fun!

And when I get the time I will need to master all bass techniques laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JD_
Jun 29 2011, 03:58 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 29 2011, 02:21 PM) *
Hey guys, one of the most amazing things of music is that it's infinite. We can always learn a new technique, a new chord, a a new scale, a new song... so I would lke to know What thing/s are your working now? what's your next goal in music & guitar?

Hi, I am just getting back into guitar after a LONG unfortunate break..... One thing I am finding at the moment is that the caluses on my fingers is holding me back from practising any more than about 90mins per day. I am mainly starting back at lead guitar, as my 'chops' in rythm are decent. I am doing alot of string bending al la Dave Gilmour, I am currently working on Guitar Loves Piano #1 and Pentatonic Workshop....does anyone have any tips or tricks to help?

Thanks wink.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 29 2011, 03:59 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I want to be able to pick each and every note.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2011, 04:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jun 29 2011, 11:47 AM) *
I want to be a better singer.
In high school I had too sing at a concert in the church, and I guess
I've been singing solo twice in front of small crowds (+20 people).
And of course a lot with friends and an acoustic guitar.

I've only done one recording of a home made song, which I uploaded here:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=39460
It needs more power and human prescense.

And here is what I'm doing now:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...7701&st=320
It's fun!

And when I get the time I will need to master all bass techniques laugh.gif

Hey man! You are very versatile with your voice! The clean stuff needed some more power as you said... and there are some afination issues to fix but I like the tone of your voice. The growling is also good! I would add more power to this one to... to make it sound more aggressive... but I think that you are going on the right track man! Well done!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2011, 04:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jun 29 2011, 11:58 AM) *
Hi, I am just getting back into guitar after a LONG unfortunate break..... One thing I am finding at the moment is that the caluses on my fingers is holding me back from practising any more than about 90mins per day. I am mainly starting back at lead guitar, as my 'chops' in rythm are decent. I am doing alot of string bending al la Dave Gilmour, I am currently working on Guitar Loves Piano #1 and Pentatonic Workshop....does anyone have any tips or tricks to help?

Thanks wink.gif

Hi! welcome back to the guitar! biggrin.gif Those lessons are really good. I like Jonathan Burgos lessons to practice bending and vibrato. He is a monster is those techniques so you'll get a lot of motivation learning it. I shared this video some days ago that has amazing material to develope your bending technique. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWWvTIKg3Vo

QUOTE (maharzan @ Jun 29 2011, 11:59 AM) *

Do you mean Alternate Picking? Shredding?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jun 29 2011, 05:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
Short term - my goal is a humble one. build up an arsenal of pentatonic licks - for some naive reason, I left this out of my practice routines over the years... I can alternate pick 3 and 4 notes per string which is probably my best strength, but APing 2 notes per string is nothing short of mission impossible for me. So my goal is to hurdle this obstacle.

Long term - I just want to be in a band on stage. I've dreamed of playing and singing on stage, so I want to be a front-man guitarist, the kind with a guitar and a microphone stand.

I'm getting there too - slowly but surely. I've been in a "practice" (non performing) band for about 6 months now and doing just that in the practice studio - the best time of my life even it's not currently on stage. My covers to date:

Pixies - Where is my mind
Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 (hard to strum and sing, but I just about have it now smile.gif
Foo Fighters - Learning to Fly
Oasis - Live Forever
CCR - Proud Mary
Collective Soul - Shine (this is a FUN song)

I'm looking for a good Rainbow song to cover now.

Almost Livin the dream
Chris

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2011, 06:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Jun 29 2011, 01:50 PM) *
Short term - my goal is a humble one. build up an arsenal of pentatonic licks - for some naive reason, I left this out of my practice routines over the years... I can alternate pick 3 and 4 notes per string which is probably my best strength, but APing 2 notes per string is nothing short of mission impossible for me. So my goal is to hurdle this obstacle.

Long term - I just want to be in a band on stage. I've dreamed of playing and singing on stage, so I want to be a front-man guitarist, the kind with a guitar and a microphone stand.

I'm getting there too - slowly but surely. I've been in a "practice" (non performing) band for about 6 months now and doing just that in the practice studio - the best time of my life even it's not currently on stage. My covers to date:

Pixies - Where is my mind
Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 (hard to strum and sing, but I just about have it now smile.gif
Foo Fighters - Learning to Fly
Oasis - Live Forever
CCR - Proud Mary
Collective Soul - Shine (this is a FUN song)

I'm looking for a good Rainbow song to cover now.

Almost Livin the dream
Chris

Hi Chris! Your next goals sounds great. I feel a very positive and secure feel in your words so I'm sure that you will achieve your goals and dreams... smile.gif
Playing those type of licks that you want to play is really difficult.. mainly when you cross strings with outsides which means that you play with a upstroke the higher string and then a downstroke in the lower string. There are many Zakk Wylde style lessons here at the site that will provide you exercises to develop this technique. I remember an old lessons by Pablo Vazquez where he gave great exercises for this...
Regaring your idea to becoming a singer and guitar player frontman I can only say AMAZING! Those covers are cool and I can imagine your voice thanks to the songs selection.

Best of lucks with your dream and count with me if you need anything. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jun 29 2011, 06:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 29 2011, 10:21 AM) *
Hi Chris! Your next goals sounds great. I feel a very positive and secure feel in your words so I'm sure that you will achieve your goals and dreams... smile.gif
Playing those type of licks that you want to play is really difficult.. mainly when you cross strings with outsides which means that you play with a upstroke the higher string and then a downstroke in the lower string. There are many Zakk Wylde style lessons here at the site that will provide you exercises to develop this technique. I remember an old lessons by Pablo Vazquez where he gave great exercises for this...
Regaring your idea to becoming a singer and guitar player frontman I can only say AMAZING! Those covers are cool and I can imagine your voice thanks to the songs selection.

Best of lucks with your dream and count with me if you need anything. smile.gif

thanks for the words of encouragement on that. I have clearly laid out goal, so it's just a matter of chipping away at it til I get there, come hell or high-water ^.^ I'm creating a drums and bass backing track for Live Forever so I can record myself playing and singing it. I'll post a vid when I'm done with it so you don't have to imagine the voice - I can sing in key - it's just that I have a very unique voice that I think is suited for some genres better than others - I don't much like the sound of my voice, but from what I gather, most people don't their own voice when they hear it so I'll just leave the critique to others.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2011, 10:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Jun 29 2011, 02:32 PM) *
thanks for the words of encouragement on that. I have clearly laid out goal, so it's just a matter of chipping away at it til I get there, come hell or high-water ^.^ I'm creating a drums and bass backing track for Live Forever so I can record myself playing and singing it. I'll post a vid when I'm done with it so you don't have to imagine the voice - I can sing in key - it's just that I have a very unique voice that I think is suited for some genres better than others - I don't much like the sound of my voice, but from what I gather, most people don't their own voice when they hear it so I'll just leave the critique to others.

Cool man! I would really like to hear you singing! So please post that video here at the forum when you have it and I can give you some feedback. It's really weird the first time that you hear your voice recorded so I think that it's normal that you don't like your voice in the first tunes that you record.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 30 2011, 01:48 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jun 29 2011, 03:59 PM) *

yea my first thought was to conquer alt. picking ,but I am trying to do my first audio of a collaberation of songs to show off the versitility of my new weapon( guitar ben!), hopefully it will be a feast for the ear

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 30 2011, 03:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 29 2011, 09:48 PM) *
yea my first thought was to conquer alt. picking ,but I am trying to do my first audio of a collaberation of songs to show off the versitility of my new weapon( guitar ben!), hopefully it will be a feast for the ear

that's great man! congrats on your first collab participation!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 30 2011, 05:43 PM
Instructor
Hmm, my two big things atm are composing and improvising. I'm working on both areas a lot, with improvising trying to get full control over melodic, harmonic and diminished scales, so I'm practicing various combinations of chords that work with those.
With composing, I try to come up with various cool riffs and licks, and vocal lines, since there are plans to do a solo album with guest appearances during the autumn/winter, so I'm collecting the material atm. Big projects, lots of time needed, but just taking it slowly, these are must-do things for me.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jun 30 2011, 06:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 30 2011, 09:43 AM) *
Hmm, my two big things atm are composing and improvising. I'm working on both areas a lot, with improvising trying to get full control over melodic, harmonic and diminished scales, so I'm practicing various combinations of chords that work with those.
With composing, I try to come up with various cool riffs and licks, and vocal lines, since there are plans to do a solo album with guest appearances during the autumn/winter, so I'm collecting the material atm. Big projects, lots of time needed, but just taking it slowly, these are must-do things for me.

This sounds great! Looking forward to hearing your album!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 1 2011, 06:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 30 2011, 01:43 PM) *

Awesome news Ivan!! It's great to know that you are planning to record a solo album! biggrin.gif and about the improvisation... I should also work on those scales! I have been using Don Mock's Harmonic Scale book, it's an excellent book.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 1 2011, 07:03 AM
Tone Seeker
Well I have a few goals this summer...

* Do a solo for Buckethead collab Done
* Do a solo for High Risk collab Done
* Finish 2 songs which have been lying around in my Mac
* Do couple covers and post them into YouTube
* Master one of Ivan's lesson and put it in REC
* Make some riffing for Cosmins drum tracks

Luckily I'm now on 4 weeks summer holiday laugh.gif Yay !!

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jul 1 2011, 07:08 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 1 2011, 07:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jul 1 2011, 03:03 AM) *
Well I have a few goals this summer...

* Do a solo for Buckethead collab Done
* Do a solo for High Risk collab Done
* Finish 2 songs which have been lying around in my Mac
* Do couple covers and post them into YouTube
* Master one of Ivan's lesson and put it in REC
* Make some riffing for Cosmins drum tracks

Luckily I'm now on 4 weeks summer holiday laugh.gif Yay !!

haha great schecule man!! It's cool to see you involved in many GMC activities! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:49 PM