Jan 11 2009, 03:20 AM
GMC:er
Um, random question guys.

If you only had this amp,

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

And this pedal,

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

How would you put the settings?

I'm personally having trouble finding a sound I like out of these two, and I just wanna see what others would do if that's ALL you could get your hands on....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 11 2009, 08:36 AM
GMC:er
That's really hard for anyone that hasnt actually played that amp. We can't hear the sound from here, every amp sounds different.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 11 2009, 10:30 AM
Instructor
It would be best if you could give us some sound samples, and tell us what could be better in your sound. I don't have any of the gear you posted, so can't really recommend any settings, but I would start by first tweaking up the sound from the amp first. Try to find a good overdrive on the amp alone, and then try to use pedal. Often, the better overdrive is found on the amp.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 11 2009, 01:40 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Its a hard question...What sound are you looking for ? Clean , overdrive ?
I would agree with Ivan , start with the amp first and try to make a good sound out of it...You can start with flat settings (knobs at 12 o clock position) and go from there..Usually people make the overdrive/distortion tone on their amp because in most cases it sounds better then using the pedals for that..Once you get the sound you like on the amp itself , put in the pedal in the picture and experiment with settings on it to see if you need it and what sound it gives you...

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jan 11 2009, 01:41 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Jan 11 2009, 08:54 PM
Instructor
Mmm, I think the question should be what sound do you like or you'd like to imitate.
When I bought the Digitech RP100 (my first gear) I loved Michael Romeo so I tried to emulate that sound (obviously I couldn't make it but it was similar to his sound) so if you've got a reference then you can compare and search for that kind of sound. You would notice that you have to add more hi freq or low freq or a little more gain...
I think that's a good idea to start creating your own sound because after you've reached the similar sound you can improve that. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:50 PM