Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 12 2012, 06:46 PM
Instructor
Hey guys, here's the topic for all the video chats I hold, you will find future video chat content here as well! smile.gif

Sunday 26th of November

- Session 1 (of the 3-session Pentatonic Course): Pentatonic scale, boxes 4 & 5, connecting them with slides

We covered two pentatonic positions of the A minor pentatonic scale:

Position 4:

Position 5:

We went up and down on the position along side with the backing tracks. We also worked on two sliding licks that can help us connect these two positions together. You can also see the chords that were used on top of these licks, relative to the starting and ending note of the licks:

What is important is that we covered 5 chords with these patterns: Am, C, Dm, Em, G. While going up & down the pattern, we made stops on each chord's root note. So when practicing these patterns, play a backing track (i.e. C major), and while playing the pattern, stop on every C note along the way. This will get yourself familiar and comfortable of finding/using that note later on when playing.

Lick 1 (Am)

Lick 2 (Em)

Sunday 4th of December 2011

This is the Session 2 of the Pentatonic Course, and we worked on two more pentatonic scale positions with the backing tracks (on top of C, Dm, Em, G and Am chords).

Position 1:

Position 2:

Let's put these patterns into context, and tighten them up a bit as well. Here are some of the things we we will work on today:

- starting from low tempos
- starting and ending our sequences on a root note (of the chord in the backing) and making a stop on a root note of the chord along the way
- increasing speed gradually
- covering position connections with slides

Sunday 11th of December 2011

For today's (final) pentatonic session 3, we go through the last position that we have left - position 3 of the Am pentatonic scale. We will practice this position up and down following the root notes of the chords playing in the background.

For the second part of the chat, we will try to connect different positions together, but again with using the notes in context, not just playing randomly. These sliding connections are extremely important as they provide foundation for moving horizontally across the neck, and "breaking out of the box". Here are the essential 4 slide connections we will go through:

Example 1:

Example 2:

Example 3:

Example 4:

As with up & down sequences on the boxes themselves, here we will also start the sliding sequences on the root note (of a chord in the backing track), and end the sequence on the root note. Find the root notes in the patterns, and form the sequences according to backing track you are playing with.

(Backing Tracks in the attachment)

Topic will be updated briefly, stay tuned...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jan 12 2012, 06:48 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  C.mp3 ( 8.62MB ) Number of downloads: 858
Attached File  Dm.mp3 ( 8.62MB ) Number of downloads: 819
Attached File  Em.mp3 ( 8.62MB ) Number of downloads: 1070
Attached File  F.mp3 ( 8.62MB ) Number of downloads: 814
Attached File  G.mp3 ( 8.62MB ) Number of downloads: 844

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 22 2012, 02:04 PM
Instructor
Pentatonic scale - horizontal movements! (22.01.2012)

In this session, we will play simple, but very effective exercises that will be focused on two strings: B and E. The goal is to learn to quickly jump from position to position.

We will use backing tracks during the chat, to practice in-context. So join us in this session, should be fun! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Pentatonic_Runs_Video_Chat_Tab_22.01.2012.gp5 ( 1.91K ) Number of downloads: 620

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Ivan Milenkovic   Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes   Jan 12 2012, 06:46 PM
- - JPBluestring   Thanks Ivan, This recap is excellent and is reall...   Jan 13 2012, 12:37 AM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Thanks a lot my friend, you're very kind I...   Jan 13 2012, 02:15 PM
|- - mdyerlrb   QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 13 2012, 01...   Mar 10 2012, 01:39 AM
nnn
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Pentatonic Runs - Revisited (15.01.2012) In tomo...   Jan 14 2012, 08:35 PM
- - JPBluestring   Excellent lesson today Ivan. Thanks again. This se...   Jan 22 2012, 11:42 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Exactly mate, glad it helped! I'll see yo...   Jan 23 2012, 11:26 AM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   OK guys, for today, we have another very interesti...   Jan 30 2012, 02:58 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   For today's chat we have something that should...   Feb 5 2012, 11:10 AM
- - BluesXr   Good Lesson :-)   Feb 6 2012, 09:03 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Thanks mate, I'll see you on the next one too...   Feb 8 2012, 10:32 AM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Today we will cover sliding exercises! These ...   Feb 12 2012, 04:41 PM
|- - Jeff Lynd   QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 12 2012, 04...   Feb 13 2012, 02:06 PM
nnn
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Thanks mate! You can find them on post #12...   Feb 13 2012, 07:46 PM
|- - Jeff Lynd   QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 13 2012, 07...   Feb 15 2012, 11:39 PM
nnn
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Today, we will work on a very cool sliding pattern...   Feb 26 2012, 04:02 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   OK guys, today we are having pure rock'n'r...   Mar 4 2012, 12:26 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:24 PM