Setting Up A Guitar Properly
Mike Seddon
Apr 19 2008, 10:49 PM
GMC:er
Some of your good people will know that I am doing up an old Les Paul copy that is very dear to me.

I've had some great advice on pick ups etc.

So know I'd like some help on how to set up a guitar properly. By that I mean set up the actions etc.

I wonder if anyone can point me to a website or two that explains this process well or maybe you have advice of your own?

Many thanks in advance.

The advice from here has been fantastic so far.

Cheers
Mike

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mike Seddon: Apr 19 2008, 10:50 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 20 2008, 02:42 AM
QUOTE (Mike Seddon @ Apr 19 2008, 05:49 PM) *
Some of your good people will know that I am doing up an old Les Paul copy that is very dear to me.

I've had some great advice on pick ups etc.

So know I'd like some help on how to set up a guitar properly. By that I mean set up the actions etc.

I wonder if anyone can point me to a website or two that explains this process well or maybe you have advice of your own?

Many thanks in advance.

The advice from here has been fantastic so far.

Cheers
Mike

kyle logue made a lesson about setting up a guitar, just search his name in the engine and you will find the lesson

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mike Seddon
Apr 20 2008, 06:23 PM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Apr 20 2008, 01:42 AM) *
kyle logue made a lesson about setting up a guitar, just search his name in the engine and you will find the lesson

I did that and I found how to set up a studio and also some drum lessons, bit no Guitar set up stuff.

Thanks anyway for trying to help. It's probably me!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 20 2008, 08:25 PM
Instructor
You can google up and find a lot of setup tutorials for example like this one. Cheers! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Mike Seddon
Apr 20 2008, 08:36 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 20 2008, 07:25 PM) *
You can google up and find a lot of setup tutorials for example like this one. Cheers! smile.gif

Thanks. That's an awesome link.

One of the problems I have is the the G string never seems to be in tune across all the frets. Now I know hwy.

Thanks a million.

Mike

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 20 2008, 08:43 PM
Instructor
you have a 4 things setting up the neck , briedge , head stock and the pickups up/down
be sure thats the headstock already screwded then restring the strings you have to see
if the strings are high on the neck so you have to get down the briedge ( it has an own screw by hand you can do it)
after that you have to test all frets if the tone are ok if there is some fret the tonality buzzing so you have a screw the neck (by alen key you can screw it) left thats - to the right thats + and check the buzzing frets if its ok
so you have to look to the pickups not to be so high ,so you can down it to be suitable with the neck and strings.
after that you have to adjust the briedge tune with 0 fret and 12 fret for example pick the E 1 free string then pick the 12 fret in E1 string if its the same tune thats ok for this E1 string if its not ok you must have a tunner to adjust the briedge where the E1 sit on by infront and backdown screw the sit for the E1 and looking to the tuner if its on 440Hz or in zero its ok.do this function at all strings .then start to play

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:24 AM