Heavy Metal Collaboration, Final mix and comments
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Sep 30 2009, 05:23 AM
GMC:er
Thanks to everyone for participate. Hope you liked the backing and enjoyed playing. Now, the comments!!

Attached File  Heavy_collaboration___Final_mix.mp3 ( 8.84MB ) Number of downloads: 338

Enforcer: Very nice Wah touch, but I’d like you to turn it off on the fast licks. I really liked how you developed your solo and how the melodic work of the beggining became into more agressive lines, with an absolutly metal touch. I think that the only thing you missed is that I think that it needs a little bit of technique explotion in some moment, but, apart from that, I really liked it. Congrats for your work!!.

Dexxter: Excelent melody and very nice touch, You’ve created a mini instrumental tune inside a backing track. I’d like to see where you would take the solo if the backing would be longer. Technically is very correct, but I think that you should work on your sound (It feels like your guitar sound is needing some “Body” feeling, some mid presence). Very nice work Dex!

Marek: Very nice work. At the beggining, I had some doubt about how you started the solo, but you carried it excelent and you worked very good all the melodic and technical parts. You have to pay more atenttion in some rhythmic factors, for example, in the fast part, the bass drum is playing 16th notes and you’re playing 16th notes triplets on your phrase. This makes a sensation of a constant discordance with the drum, because of the beat difference of each other, but if you can correct these things, you’ll grow a lot as a guitar player. I’m waiting anxious your next participation!!.

Leedbreak: Very nice melody. I noted a lot of improvement in the cleannes of your sound. You should work a little bit on the rhythmic sections because there are some discordance in certain parts ( I know that it was improvised, but I had to say it!. Hehe). Also, you have to choose better the resolution of your fast licks, because they give the sensation that it never resolves and, in this way, the lose sense. Every time you play a fast lick, you have to search a melody that resolves the idea, so it’s not there just because you need to play fast. I think you’re missing a little bit this, but, as I said before, I’m noting some improvement there. Keep working on this way!

Jafomatic: I’m telling what I noted in every of both takes. In the first one, you’re trying to do a more melodic work but it’s very notorious that it’s improvised. Maybe you should give it a structure and record them when you’re sure of what you’re gonna play. Talking about the second one, I liked it a little more. It’s faster than the previous one, but I noted the same thing that I told you before about the first one. I’m sure that if you work more the idea until you like them and then record them, the final result of your work could infinitly better. Waiting for you on the next one!!

Outlaw: The most “typical-metal-solo” of all the takes. Your lines reminds me a lot to Kirk Hamett. The idea fist very well with the backing, but you should work a lot on the rhythmic part (the note duration you’re executing) and, technically, you should clean a bit your sound, but the rest is very very nice. See you on the next Collab!

Attached File  Heavy_collaboration___Final_mix.mp3 ( 8.84MB ) Number of downloads: 338

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:26 PM