3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Mad Guitar Mentoring
mad
Jun 13 2012, 07:21 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks! That's what I needed, now I have the Ideas.. I'll record them asap.
AND - I'd like to be in your "fretboard knowledge mentoring" - I really need to get into this!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 13 2012, 06:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jun 13 2012, 06:21 AM) *
AND - I'd like to be in your "fretboard knowledge mentoring" - I really need to get into this!

Perfect! I am looking forward to your take!
We will start getting into the fretboard asap!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 22 2012, 07:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jun 13 2012, 06:21 AM) *

Hi I haven't heard from you for a while! Just wanted to see if you are ready for a fretboard challenge! Let me know! smile.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 25 2012, 01:29 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Alex!

Ready for fretboard challenge!

And here is another pentatonic insanity take:

http://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/pentatonicinsanity-take4

I'm still struggling with the improvisation. Maybe we could do a step back (if there is one smile.gif )
I have problems to connect licks in a certain amount of time between the chord changes..

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 26 2012, 02:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jun 25 2012, 12:29 PM) *
Hi Alex!

Ready for fretboard challenge!

And here is another pentatonic insanity take:

http://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/pentatonicinsanity-take4

I'm still struggling with the improvisation. Maybe we could do a step back (if there is one smile.gif )
I have problems to connect licks in a certain amount of time between the chord changes..

You did a great job with the pentatonics insanity! smile.gif
Sounds very good! Add this exercise to your warm up routine!
For the solo I would like you to continue my solo and use ideas that I have played!
Try to creating your own licks just give it a try and I know you will do great! What will work perfect for this track is Q&A technique! Let me know if you need help with it! smile.gif

Do you want to start getting into fretboard learning?

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 26 2012, 07:47 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK, I just did some improvising yesterday and used Q&A technique.. I remembered you showing this in one of your videochats happy.gif
So I started just using two or three notes to get the timing for the chord changes, then I added more notes or varied with hammer-ons, slides or bends. I think I'll get to the point where I don't need to think about and just add Q&A licks as needed to improvise. Will record a take later today.

And yes, I'd like to start learning the fretboard!

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 27 2012, 08:46 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK, that's all I got for this.. sounds awful sometimes because of wrong notes/bends and lost of ideas.. loads of work to do for this to get better...

http://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/alex_improvisation_take

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 27 2012, 09:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jun 27 2012, 07:46 AM) *
OK, that's all I got for this.. sounds awful sometimes because of wrong notes/bends and lost of ideas.. loads of work to do for this to get better...

You did a great job! I would like you to use less distortion and try to play with more dynamic! It will bring your improvisation to the next level in no time! smile.gif You did very well on Q&A technique! I think if you will add some dynamic and cleaner tone it will sound amazing! smile.gif
So to learn the neck might seem very complicated, but it's not as hard as it seems!
Let's simplify it!
First and sixth strings are the same and after 12 fret everything is starting over!
So all you need to learn is 5 strings up to 12 frets!
Here is the trick!
First I want you to learn all the dots and open strings!
Open strings are easy to remember if we will use a little rhyme smile.gif starting with a low E
Eat
All
Day
Get
Big
Eeasy

So for now I want you to memorize this:

To speed up the process play a note and call it out loud and than check if you are correct!
Don't go any farther just yet! Let me know when you feel comfortable and I will show you what to do next! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 1 2012, 02:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jun 27 2012, 07:46 AM) *

Just wanted to check and see if you have seen the assignment I have posted! smile.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Jul 3 2012, 03:29 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I have! And got it down, so we can continue with the fretboard!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 3 2012, 03:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jul 3 2012, 02:29 PM) *

Awesome! So now let's take it to the next level!
That's what I would like you to do:
Take open strings and learn the same notes on the rest of the neck
Find it on every string!

Etc.

It shouldn't take too long to learn so tomorrow I will post the next step!
Let me know if you have any questions!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 14 2012, 06:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jul 3 2012, 02:29 PM) *

Hello I just wanted to check and see if you are ready for a new challenge! smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:00 PM