2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Praetorian, Individual assignment & discussion thread
Praetorian
Jun 3 2009, 02:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Roger,

I was planning on putting up another take of the Rocking Tune beginner tonight...but my fingers went to hell from too many takes! I started playing it sloppier and sloppier. I am afraid I have hit a wall here...my recent takes don't seem to be improving on the last ones. Not sure what the problem is! huh.gif

I am keeping at it though!

Ben

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jun 3 2009, 07:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jun 3 2009, 03:50 AM) *
Roger,

I was planning on putting up another take of the Rocking Tune beginner tonight...but my fingers went to hell from too many takes! I started playing it sloppier and sloppier. I am afraid I have hit a wall here...my recent takes don't seem to be improving on the last ones. Not sure what the problem is! huh.gif

I am keeping at it though!

Ben

I've hit many walls already and the good thing is that sooner or later they always break smile.gif. Keep at it, but feel free to work on the group assignment a bit more in between or if you have any other things you would like to develop we can find also a suitable other lesson as well.

Cheers
Roger

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 4 2009, 06:55 PM
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jun 3 2009, 02:17 PM) *
I've hit many walls already and the good thing is that sooner or later they always break smile.gif. Keep at it, but feel free to work on the group assignment a bit more in between or if you have any other things you would like to develop we can find also a suitable other lesson as well.

Cheers
Roger

Thanks Roger! I would like to keep at this one until I get it right...at least the section that we are doing now!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jun 5 2009, 07:05 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jun 4 2009, 07:55 PM) *
Thanks Roger! I would like to keep at this one until I get it right...at least the section that we are doing now!

That's the spirit. If you need any help advice whatsoever just shoot!

Cheers
Roger

--------------------

Guitars & Amps
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 11 2009, 01:20 AM
Roger, I am hanging my head right now. I just can't nail this thing. The ironic part is...I PICKED THIS LESSON!!!!! I am just not getting any smoother at this lesson right now and I am about at the end of my rope with it. I don't know what I am doing wrong...I just can't seem to play it clean not even one time. Maybe we can come back to it down the road...but I am ready to smash my guitar!! (not really! tongue.gif)

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jun 11 2009, 06:16 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jun 11 2009, 02:20 AM) *
Roger, I am hanging my head right now. I just can't nail this thing. The ironic part is...I PICKED THIS LESSON!!!!! I am just not getting any smoother at this lesson right now and I am about at the end of my rope with it. I don't know what I am doing wrong...I just can't seem to play it clean not even one time. Maybe we can come back to it down the road...but I am ready to smash my guitar!! (not really! tongue.gif )

No worries Ben, what about focussing on the latest group assignment for a while, and/or joining one of the collabs of David Walliman and work together towards a nice take for that? The Master the minor scale collab is using the A minor scale (=C major notes), so that should be doable for you.

In the meantime, at least keep playing the lesson at least a couple of times during the week (and you will see it gets better in a while smile.gif).

Cheers
Roger

--------------------

Guitars & Amps

Effects & Other stuff

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 11 2009, 02:05 PM
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jun 11 2009, 01:16 AM) *
No worries Ben, what about focussing on the latest group assignment for a while, and/or joining one of the collabs of David Walliman and work together towards a nice take for that? The Master the minor scale collab is using the A minor scale (=C major notes), so that should be doable for you.

In the meantime, at least keep playing the lesson at least a couple of times during the week (and you will see it gets better in a while smile.gif).

Cheers
Roger

Will do Roger! I started messing around with the Group Assignment last night.

Thanks for understanding!

Ben

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:14 PM