Beginning Chords
SriniK
Oct 9 2011, 06:39 PM
GMC:er
I am curious what the typical time is to pick up on these 3 basic chords that you have in the first steps lesson #8, am an absolute newbie ... excited to play but dont want to get frustrated, give up

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 10 2011, 12:51 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (SriniK @ Oct 9 2011, 01:39 PM) *
I am curious what the typical time is to pick up on these 3 basic chords that you have in the first steps lesson #8, am an absolute newbie ... excited to play but dont want to get frustrated, give up

I learned these chords when I was 11 - they seemed to be the hardest things ever at that time ... and they are not easy to pickup as a beginner, but it is all down to practice. It probably took me weeks if not months to get on top of them. Keep working at them and don't worry if it takes a while to get ahead of them. A lot of guitarists never learn full chords, they just learn a few power chords, but that is limiting, so I encourage you to learn as many chords as possible!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 10 2011, 01:57 AM
Instructor
yeah, as Andrew said, it takes some time to feel comfortable with the chords. I was so anxious to playing songs when I was a beginner so I used to play reductions of the chords to at least sounds close to the songs that I wanted to play. Practice every day the different positions and be patient, you should have maybe in less of a month if you practice every day.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:29 AM