2 Pages V  < 1 2  
How To Stay Clean
Pavel
Sep 16 2007, 11:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sillyman @ Sep 16 2007, 07:42 PM) *
hey pavel ive been trying recently to perfect my picking technique mainly because i dont want to have to relearn a better technique later on. ive attached a video of me doing a basic alternate picking exercise slowly, is my technique correct and is ther something that needs to be improved? any help would be much appreciated
[attachment=1786:attachment]

You are on a very correct path my friend! That's good work. Keep it that way! If you want - post another video in a week or so so we can both follow your progress and remove mistakes on the spot! smile.gif

For now - there is nothing to correct so keep practicing! You're doing good job! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 17 2007, 12:19 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (sillyman @ Sep 16 2007, 09:42 AM) *
hey pavel ive been trying recently to perfect my picking technique mainly because i dont want to have to relearn a better technique later on. ive attached a video of me doing a basic alternate picking exercise slowly, is my technique correct and is ther something that needs to be improved? any help would be much appreciated
[attachment=1786:attachment]

You know Sillyman I was quite suprised by how you pushed your self and how your starting nice and slow smile.gif
If you continued the way you were playing before you might have had to make some hard corrections in your playing later on , so as for now your making all the right choices smile.gif

-John

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
sillyman
Sep 17 2007, 01:10 AM
thanx for da help guys, much appreciated

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)
Ibanez 10 watt amp (hell no)

+Quote Post
sillyman
Oct 28 2007, 09:20 PM
hi agen pavel

i've bin practising my alternate picking and focusing on bein precise and clean and this is my latest effort which i hope is better than my previous post although not much faster sad.gif . any tips on my picking or playing in general?
Attached File  Picking2.avi ( 18.21MB ) Number of downloads: 269

Attached File  picking3.avi ( 7.93MB ) Number of downloads: 203

sorry if theirs a strange colour i don't kno whats goin on there tongue.gif

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 28 2007, 10:47 PM
Instructor
Yeah man this is much better than your previous vids! Good job on your improvement! Keep working on it and remember not to hurry smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
sillyman
Oct 29 2007, 04:31 AM
thanx alot pavel, il keep at it

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
sillyman
Oct 30 2007, 04:50 AM
sori one other thing , how do position your hand/palm when ur playin on the low e-string cuz i rest and mute the strings above the one im playin but wen im playin on the low e-string theres nothing above it to rest on

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 30 2007, 06:29 AM
Instructor
Than you usually move the right hand more to the right side so it rests on the bridge without touching the strings.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sillyman
Oct 31 2007, 12:54 AM
ok thanx dats wat i suspected smile.gif

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 13 2007, 02:54 PM
GREAT JOB-sillyman

1 again for me rolleyes.gif Pavel..so he's doing good job.. So the key of the right hand is have the palm of thumb close to string if that possible all the time when we do alternate picking ..And rest of your hand just sliding on the bridge{the palm pinkie side}

do you pavel change so drastically the pick grip when you play like combine of speed alternate picking and power chords???

This post has been edited by besip: Nov 13 2007, 02:55 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 13 2007, 05:33 PM
Instructor
The difference is not that big. The main thing is not to act mathematically but have natural relaxed movements.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 16 2008, 05:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
New Question, I have a stratocaster type guitar, and my right hand is mostly moving somewhere around the front pickup. Now I'm doing the melodic dream lesson, which has palmmuting to, and I thought let's read some more. Now I read you mute with your fleshy part of the hand (I first thought you used the backside, which you use for karate strikes you know? tongue.gif) I saw you hand is always on the bridge, how can I train best to keep my hand on the bridge? just watchin it?? And for chordplay, is it also needed to play with your hand at the bridge?

thnx in advace and btw..sorry, my messages always are chaos like this one.. rolleyes.gif

EDIT: am I right when I say that when you want to mute a string which you play (I mean like in Joe's PM lesson) you do use your karata part of the hand?

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Feb 16 2008, 05:53 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 16 2008, 06:47 PM
Instructor
Well that position is pretty natural to me so i don't know no special way for it. It's just comfortable to put it there. Also when i play chords i don't have it on bridge all the time.

I mute with the part of the hand which most suitable for the situation. The low strings are muted with the fleshy part of thumb - the middle and high strings are muted with what you call a "karate" part biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:54 PM