> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18  
Mad's Mad Rhythm Corner
mad
May 28 2014, 08:20 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Cos,

here's the recording for the mixolydian solo:

I posted it in the REC-zone, too. Really don't like to play it anymore for some time tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 29 2014, 08:58 AM
Instructor
Just graded ya man! biggrin.gif Very good!

I like the attention you payed to details smile.gif Now, after you finish with the other recordings - I think you mentioned that you have some more coming? - I would suggest we go further with the modes biggrin.gif

Deal?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mad
May 29 2014, 11:59 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks! biggrin.gif

Yes, I'll share some recordings for the Improvisation-Lessons I mentioned earlier. But I'd really like to put the modes already captured into some more action/apply them to some pieces of music. To do this I'd like to create some basic backings and try to come up with something nice over it, what do you think?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 30 2014, 10:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ May 29 2014, 10:59 AM) *
Thanks! biggrin.gif

Yes, I'll share some recordings for the Improvisation-Lessons I mentioned earlier. But I'd really like to put the modes already captured into some more action/apply them to some pieces of music. To do this I'd like to create some basic backings and try to come up with something nice over it, what do you think?

I totally agree man! I am stoked about creation so, by all means, show me what you got wink.gif It will also be a clear method of determining how you managed to transform what you have learned and put it to action with your own twist on it wink.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 4 2014, 12:56 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Man,

as promised, here's a vid about my progress on the H/L improvisation lesson:

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 5 2014, 08:29 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey! Just saw you're playing with Karnivool this month - man! That's beyond awesomeness, I'm really happy for DOC, that's gonna be a blast of a show! First heard of them in your "A Song A Day"-Thread (Karnivool Post), now I got every album biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2014, 08:32 AM
Instructor
Hey Marc! It is a good beginning for the idea!

Now, the main important thing here, is that the ideas are a bit too separated wink.gif They should be tied up a bit more, so the next step would be to try and develop the already existing phrases in such a way that they flow into one another.

Add notes and push the phrase finale towards the spot on the neck at which you play the next phrase smile.gif What say you?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2014, 09:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jun 5 2014, 07:29 AM) *
Hey! Just saw you're playing with Karnivool this month - man! That's beyond awesomeness, I'm really happy for DOC, that's gonna be a blast of a show! First heard of them in your "A Song A Day"-Thread (Karnivool Post), now I got every album biggrin.gif

Thank you bro! It was one of those days in which all the planets aligned themselves for me biggrin.gif

The Karnivool gig and a new guitar which I received due to my PRS endorsement deal: A PRS Tremonti USA made model biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 5 2014, 08:11 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 5 2014, 09:00 AM) *
Thank you bro! It was one of those days in which all the planets aligned themselves for me biggrin.gif

The Karnivool gig and a new guitar which I received due to my PRS endorsement deal: A PRS Tremonti USA made model biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Do you mean this one?
Mark Tremonti Signature 2014

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 6 2014, 07:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jun 5 2014, 07:11 PM) *
biggrin.gif

Do you mean this one?
Mark Tremonti Signature 2014

Yeah man! Exactly that one, only that the color is Charcoal Black biggrin.gif I'll post pics in the gear section today and I will shoot a review next weekend!

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 6 2014, 07:22 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 6 2014, 07:14 AM) *
Yeah man! Exactly that one, only that the color is Charcoal Black biggrin.gif I'll post pics in the gear section today and I will shoot a review next weekend!

tongue.gif That's so cool biggrin.gif Just saw another pic with the color, looks somewhat great!

Regarding the H/L impro-lesson - will do a recording later for you..

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 6 2014, 08:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jun 6 2014, 06:22 AM) *
tongue.gif That's so cool biggrin.gif Just saw another pic with the color, looks somewhat great!

Regarding the H/L impro-lesson - will do a recording later for you..

Thank you man! biggrin.gif I am very curious to see what you will come up with - I think this is a healthy way of doing it wink.gif Adding bits until it shines nicely. How do you feel about it?

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 6 2014, 08:24 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 6 2014, 08:16 AM) *
Thank you man! biggrin.gif I am very curious to see what you will come up with - I think this is a healthy way of doing it wink.gif Adding bits until it shines nicely. How do you feel about it?

Good - I think I'm practicing the first half again while trying to get more flow in my playing and then I'll do a recording - we can discuss it from there smile.gif
It's very important for me to get the feeling/flow into my overall playing..

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 6 2014, 11:18 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK, here's the best take for todays session..

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2014, 07:59 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! It is much better wink.gif and see, you didn't have to make I don't know what sort of acrobatics to make it work biggrin.gif

This reminds me of this tune:

The concept on which it is built is pretty much the same - what else can you draw from Joe's tune to add to yours? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 11 2014, 08:46 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Well, I think his picking and vibrato is overall more aggressive.. Did you mean that? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 13 2014, 12:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jun 11 2014, 07:46 AM) *
Well, I think his picking and vibrato is overall more aggressive.. Did you mean that? biggrin.gif

That too, but conceptually speaking, you should try and replicate the feeling of statement and response smile.gif In his tune, the guitar says something and the vocals say the same thing - you could try it with playing a phrase high and then answering low wink.gif But tying them up fluidly in the same time wink.gif What say you?

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 24 2014, 07:44 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Cos,

Just a quick hello - I'm currently in my 'composing mood' smile.gif but I'll upload another take for the improvisation lesson soon.
Will upload some small improvisations for our modes and theory lessons, too! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2014, 07:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jun 24 2014, 06:44 AM) *
Hey Cos,

Just a quick hello - I'm currently in my 'composing mood' smile.gif but I'll upload another take for the improvisation lesson soon.
Will upload some small improvisations for our modes and theory lessons, too! wink.gif

Howdy Marc! What are you working on, mate? Why not share some of your compositions and maybe I can help out too smile.gif

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:36 PM