3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Mad's Bootcamp, Bleed for it!
Todd Simpson
Aug 3 2012, 08:22 PM
GMC:er
HERE IS A DIRECT LINK TO YOUR BOOTCAMP!

http://bitly.com/madsbootcamp

Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!

MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SLOWWWWWWLLY, very SLOWWWLLLLYYYY until you master it at a crawl (As You'll Do With Each Mission, and focus on left hand FORM! Make it SUPER PERFECT!). Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP!

Practice!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 3 2012, 08:23 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 4 2012, 01:21 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sir, here is my first attempt on drill-lesson 1:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 4 2012, 08:02 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
For some reason the video wasn't in sync with the audio (must be youtube prob)..
here is the same uploaded again:

..should be up shortly..

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2012, 11:40 PM
QUOTE (mad @ Aug 4 2012, 03:02 PM) *
For some reason the video wasn't in sync with the audio (must be youtube prob)..

..should be up shortly..

I see it's working! I'll give this a listen Soldier! If you notice lag, please feel free to shoot me a PM and declare you've drawn first blood in a mission!

Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 9 2012, 01:32 AM
Alright Soldier! Let's do this!

Here is where you honored our Fallen.

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Ballistic Speed
2.)Clean strikes
3.)Aggresive Style

You've done time in the trenches Soldiers and it shows! Precision, Speed, aggression, all there!

Here is where half your squad got killed.

UN-MARKED GRAVE

1.)Floating Hand Syndrome
*When you hit speed, your right hand lifts a bit and loses it's mute. This results in notes sorta going blurry which is a shame since youve got great speed and holding the mute would give it a very percussive feel. Look @ time index 2:00 to see what I mean.

2.)Cement Boots
*You get points for speed and precision but once you hit your stride you park your left hand in the same spot and don't move about much. The good news is this is easy to fix. Watch the original vid again and notice how I randomly bounce around to different frets. the point of this is to teach you to "Stick The Landing".

In short Soldier, take this mission head on and refine your BLACK OPS fingers skills and YOU WILL LEVEL UP!

Todd

QUOTE (mad @ Aug 4 2012, 03:02 PM) *

..should be up shortly..

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 9 2012, 01:32 AM

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 17 2013, 02:31 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Todd - I'd like to continue my mission, here's my next take for your first lesson..

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 18 2013, 04:34 AM
First off, NICE SHIRT!!!!! smile.gif Second, WELL FOUGHT!!!!! Glad to see you back in KILLING FORM!!!!

You sir have just ......

LEVELED UP!!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Good hand synch
2.)Planted Palm Mute
3.)Assasin Quality Picking

Attached Image

Don't forget to sign up for the SIX DEMON BAG COLLAB!! You ready for it Soldier!!!

http://bitly.com/sixdemonbagcollab

QUOTE (mad @ Aug 17 2013, 09:31 AM) *
Todd - I'd like to continue my mission, here's my next take for your first lesson..

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 18 2013, 04:36 AM

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 18 2013, 09:19 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks Todd!

I'll give that collab a try for sure - so what's exactly my next mission smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 20 2013, 04:57 AM
Every mission from here on in is to follow the lessons from 2-200 playing each example and having it debrief by yours truly!!! This going to get harder as you go since the lessons start having 6 or 8 examples once you reach a certain point. smile.gif

Here is the direct link to every lesson!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...-_Shred_Journey
Todd

QUOTE (mad @ Aug 18 2013, 04:19 AM) *
Thanks Todd!

I'll give that collab a try for sure - so what's exactly my next mission smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 20 2013, 04:59 AM

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 21 2013, 08:52 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Here's my take on your second lesson, sergeant.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 22 2013, 07:13 PM
Well fought Soldier!! Nice Axe and killer Guitar Rack!!! I have to say, buying a guitar rack for my studio was one of the best purchases I ever made.

Giving it a listen now!!

QUOTE (mad @ Aug 21 2013, 03:52 PM) *
Here's my take on your second lesson, sergeant.

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 22 2013, 07:40 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks Todd!
Already preparing for Mission3 smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 22 2013, 09:51 PM
Drilling and Killing!!! I watched this vid a few times looking for mistakes and i'm happy to say it looked good!! I think I can cut to the chase and tell you..

You sir have just ......

LEVELED UP!!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)tight right/left hand synch
2.)Planted Palm Mute (every note clean and muted)
3.)Very even pacing (not rushing or dragging)

Congrats Soldier!!!! Here is your latest BATTLE SHIELD!!
Attached Image

ONWARD!!!q
Sarge

QUOTE (mad @ Aug 22 2013, 02:40 PM) *
Thanks Todd!
Already preparing for Mission3 smile.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 23 2013, 06:06 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
And here's mission3..

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 24 2013, 04:16 AM
Well fought Soldier!! I think you are ready for SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT. You've got the hang of this so let's turn it up a notch. Try this same mission..

1.)Double Picked (Pick each note twice)
2.)Quad Pick (Pick each note four times)

This will take a bit of work but your KILL RATIO will thank you smile.gif

SARGE

QUOTE (mad @ Aug 23 2013, 01:06 PM) *
And here's mission3..

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 24 2013, 10:12 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Todd,

is this what you meant:

Special Assignment1 @ 90bpm

Special Assignment2 @ 90bpm

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 26 2013, 03:16 AM
I can see you have been putting time in at the firing range Soldier!!!! Your skills as a warrior and getting sharper by the day! I see blood on the fretboard!!! In short, you just...

LEVELED UP!!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Very clean picking
2.)Killer job on Hand Synch
3.)Doubles and Quads are precise and clear

You just CRUSHED IT Soldier!! Get ready, these get tougher!!!

In Honor of this victory, here is your latest BATTLE SHIELD!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (mad @ Aug 24 2013, 05:12 PM) *
Hey Todd,

is this what you meant:

Special Assignment1 @ 90bpm

Special Assignment2 @ 90bpm

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 31 2013, 09:45 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sarge,

this one was indeed quite tough for me..
Anyway, mission4:

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 1 2013, 05:31 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Aaand next one..

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 3 2013, 08:54 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Here's mission6 with some bonus biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:31 AM