8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Whitesnake Christmas, New Video Collab !
Ben Higgins
Dec 1 2013, 11:55 AM
Instructor
Hi guys - welcome to my new video collab !

Whitesnake Christmas !

Attached Image

Attached File  Whitesnake_Xmas.mp3 ( 1.29MB ) Number of downloads: 820

I've concocted a suitably slushy ballad for you, perfect for those big hair and pointy guitar moments. Instead of buying a bottle of wine and romancing your other half this festive season, why not submit a take to this instead ? It might have the same desired effect !

The overall key is E. Here are the chords that can be found in the backing.

Attached Image

I've joined the A5 rhythm guitar with the clean arppegios to form the Asus2/11+ chord but you can treat this is an A5 or A.

The E Major scale will work over the whole progression so if you want to, you can find the scale and use it as your base to compose your melodies. If you want to get a bit more technical you can approach each chord as a new movement and look at the notes found within that chord. You can pick out strong tones like the root, 3rd, 5th, 7th. You can use both approaches. Or you could even take a more modal approach. If you play the E Major scale but start it from the root note of another chord in the sequence, you will find the appropriate mode for that chord.For example, if you played through the scale of E Major but you started from A, you would be playing A Lydian.

Another effective way to handle major chords is to use the Major Pentatanic scale over the major chords like E and A.

For the F#Minor chord, you could use the F#Minor pentatonic but don't make the mistake of using the F#Minor scale, the F#Dorian mode would be better because the major 6th is a much better fit over this chord progression than the minor 6th. The G#m/5+ is an interesting chord. I'm sure you'll recognise the sound of this type of chord. To me, they're like halfway chords. They provide a bridge between one chord to another but they sound major overall. How do you approach a chord like this ? The root note is G# but the rest of the chord is basically E. So you can treat this chord the same way you would treat E. E Major scale or E Major Pentatonic.

Tempo is 92bpm.

I've let the end fade out.. my idea is that you will end your solo on a satisfactory note that can fade out and pave the way for the next solo.

As I've said, this is a VIDEO collab so I know there will be a VERY excited German & Finn right now.

-I'll need a video file (with audio if possible) I can download these straight from Youtube smile.gif
-an isolated wav or mp3 of your solo.

Ok, let's pretend it's 1987, it's coming up to Xmas.. the fire is roaring in the grate, it's snowing outside. You've just had a romantic meal and some wine. Now you pick up your guitar... what do you play ? cool.gif

Deadline is Saturday 21st December !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Dec 11 2013, 05:59 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Huargo
Dec 1 2013, 02:19 PM
Tone Seeker
NICE!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doug Lane
Dec 1 2013, 05:27 PM
GMC:er
COUNT ME IN! I've been thirsting for another one of these since Day and night started!
I have made an arrangement of the song is guitar pro 5.
I'll be notating my entry for the reference of anyone who is interested in learning any of the licks I come up with. If anyone wants, I will transcribe your takes as well!

This post has been edited by Doug Lane: Dec 1 2013, 07:11 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Whitesnake_Christmas.gp5 ( 7.43K ) Number of downloads: 251

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 1 2013, 07:04 PM
Instructor
Good to have you guys on board ! Let's rock !

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Dec 1 2013, 07:26 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Doug, your arrangement is super nice!! How did you do it so fast man ?? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Huargo
Dec 1 2013, 07:27 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Doug Lane @ Dec 1 2013, 05:27 PM) *
COUNT ME IN! I've been thirsting for another one of these since Day and night started!
I have made an arrangement of the song is guitar pro 5.
I'll be notating my entry for the reference of anyone who is interested in learning any of the licks I come up with. If anyone wants, I will transcribe your takes as well!

Thanks Doug!
you made ​​my life easier!!! wink.gif

This post has been edited by huargo: Dec 1 2013, 07:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doug Lane
Dec 1 2013, 07:45 PM
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Dec 1 2013, 06:26 PM) *
Hey Doug, your arrangement is super nice!! How did you do it so fast man ?? smile.gif

The easiest part about all this was having the base information already laid out; I just used the chord tool to set up the chords in a seperate track to drone out at 92 BPM and I matched it with the backing track. after that, I just took a very similar drum line from ACDC and tweaked it so it was the same. the rest is pretty simply structured, so I was able to figure those parts out on my guitar a just a few minutes.

+Quote Post
Doug Lane
Dec 2 2013, 03:45 AM
I've finished my solo! You'll find my solo, video, and an MP3 of the take along with the GP5 transcription in the attached file.
enjoy guys, and stay warm.

This post has been edited by Doug Lane: Dec 2 2013, 04:13 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Whitesnake_Christmas.zip ( 33.17MB ) Number of downloads: 251

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 2 2013, 11:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Doug Lane @ Dec 2 2013, 02:45 AM) *
I've finished my solo! You'll find my solo, video, and an MP3 of the take along with the GP5 transcription in the attached file.
enjoy guys, and stay warm.

That was quick ! Nice work man ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Doug Lane
Dec 2 2013, 02:14 PM
I tend to see these things and end up spending the entire day working on it, especially when its posted on a weekend. This one was definitely the most fun yet!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 2 2013, 03:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Doug Lane @ Dec 2 2013, 01:14 PM) *
I tend to see these things and end up spending the entire day working on it, especially when its posted on a weekend. This one was definitely the most fun yet!

That's really cool to hear !! Everybody loves a bit of the 80's don't they ? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 2 2013, 06:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
i'm in!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 2 2013, 06:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Dec 2 2013, 05:24 PM) *
i'm in!

Excellent !

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Dec 3 2013, 02:23 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey guys!
i know i´m not in your class ben... so i hope its ok if i´ll join this collab...

couldnt resist to play something here when i read "80s" and some kind of "hair metal" :-)
so i put up some makeup, pluged the guitar in and jammed along^^ (sorry, was on a birthday party few hours ago and had some beers... ;-) )

so, this one is for the laydies... ;-)

somehow i cant use the attachment function, so i uploaded the single files here:

http://www.share-online.biz/dl/EMCBJ7XMJD

This post has been edited by warrioroflight: Dec 3 2013, 02:41 AM

--------------------
Check out my band: IN LEGEND

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Doug Lane
Dec 3 2013, 04:15 AM
QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Dec 3 2013, 01:23 AM) *
Hey guys!
i know i´m not in your class ben... so i hope its ok if i´ll join this collab...

couldnt resist to play something here when i read "80s" and some kind of "hair metal" :-)
so i put up some makeup, pluged the guitar in and jammed along^^ (sorry, was on a birthday party few hours ago and had some beers... ;-) )

somehow i cant use the attachment function, so i uploaded the single files here:

http://www.share-online.biz/dl/EMCBJ7XMJD

Oh my goodness...Is that...guyliner? You got more into this than I did! You're a hoot ,Light. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Doug Lane: Dec 3 2013, 04:34 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Whitesnake_Christmas_Warrioroflight.gp5 ( 8.44K ) Number of downloads: 219

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Dec 3 2013, 09:02 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Doug Lane @ Dec 3 2013, 04:15 AM) *
Oh my goodness...Is that...guyliner? You got more into this than I did! You're a hoot ,Light. smile.gif

thanks dude!! :-)
a couple of beers help to do that... ;-)

nice job with the guitar pro file! :-)
but there was one mistake in it... i just fixed it! it was in the 9th bar...

Attached File  Whitesnake_Christmas_Warrioroflight2.gpx ( 28.38K ) Number of downloads: 251

--------------------
Check out my band: IN LEGEND

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 3 2013, 10:12 AM
At First Sight i thought this was a joke, but no, this is a real collab! And the deadline is on my birthday, yey tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 3 2013, 11:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Dec 3 2013, 01:23 AM) *
Hey guys!

Hey man, everybody's welcome to my collabs any time smile.gif It's good to have you on board !

Great video - that is what we're talkin' about - pure 80's metal !! \m/ \m/

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Dec 3 2013, 09:12 AM) *
At First Sight i thought this was a joke, but no, this is a real collab! And the deadline is on my birthday, yey tongue.gif

You should know me better by now.... humour is my thing !! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
zeus
Dec 4 2013, 05:03 PM
I am in! I've been working on what to play, but now I just need to record it.

I really dig the backing track!

PS - I've read "Zen Guitar" per you recommendation Ben, and it's great.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 4 2013, 06:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zeus @ Dec 4 2013, 04:03 PM) *
I am in! I've been working on what to play, but now I just need to record it.

I really dig the backing track!

PS - I've read "Zen Guitar" per you recommendation Ben, and it's great.

I look forward to your participation, Lord of the Skies !

Glad you liked Zen guitar, I try to recommend to anyone who'll listen smile.gif

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:22 AM