9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
What Gmc'er Lives Closest To You?
Praetorian
Jan 16 2009, 05:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Disturbed21 - I just noticed you are from Gloucester? My wife is from Rockport...we go there all the time! You have to go check out Bills Music store in Peabody!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 16 2009, 05:11 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 16 2009, 02:57 AM) *
How do you remove the icon.. I'm living in the wrong place... laugh.gif

I think FrankW is the closest to me, bout a 15 min. drive

I can delete you smile.gif

I`ll remove you then you can re add

@ Skenny, I`ve removed you off the map, you can redo it now mate smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 16 2009, 05:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
Woo!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 16 2009, 09:15 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 16 2009, 11:11 AM) *
I can delete you smile.gif

I`ll remove you then you can re add

@ Skenny, I`ve removed you off the map, you can redo it now mate smile.gif

Will do man. Thanks! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Jan 17 2009, 12:50 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jan 16 2009, 11:01 AM) *
Disturbed21 - I just noticed you are from Gloucester? My wife is from Rockport...we go there all the time! You have to go check out Bills Music store in Peabody!

Maybe we'll see each other one day when you come up here biggrin.gif
Oh and I'll go check it out next time I'm in Peabody wink.gif

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Jan 17 2009, 01:02 AM
How does this work? I don't think I can find the map everyone is talking about. I checked the link in Smells' post on the second page of this thread, but the map there only had one person tagged on it.

-Chris

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 17 2009, 01:10 AM
updated! Ctodd, check out the post by Smells #83 smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 17 2009, 01:21 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I added myself smile.gif I'm the one with the mohawk in Ohio. This is a pretty cool idea!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 17 2009, 01:28 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 16 2009, 07:21 PM) *
I added myself smile.gif I'm the one with the mohawk in Ohio. This is a pretty cool idea!

And I'm the one with the mohawk in North Cackalacky (Lt Dan reporting for duty sir.... laugh.gif )YEEEE HAWWW!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 17 2009, 01:33 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 16 2009, 07:28 PM) *
And I'm the one with the mohawk in North Cackalacky (Lt Dan reporting for duty sir.... laugh.gif )YEEEE HAWWW!

laugh.gif laugh.gif cool.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 17 2009, 01:47 AM
QUOTE (Ctodd @ Jan 17 2009, 02:02 AM) *
How does this work? I don't think I can find the map everyone is talking about. I checked the link in Smells' post on the second page of this thread, but the map there only had one person tagged on it.

-Chris

voila link to the map:

http://mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/146

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Gus
Jan 17 2009, 02:04 AM
Nice feature the map!

I just learned Rockztar lives in a town nearby! cool.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Joruus
Jan 17 2009, 02:06 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
It doesn't load for me sad.gif
It shows the page, text at bottem, 'support us' button at the right, but in the middle is just a big white space...

I've tried everyday since its posted here for about 10 minutes per try!
No one else got this problem?

This post has been edited by Joruus: Jan 17 2009, 02:06 AM

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post
TakeJoy
Jan 17 2009, 03:03 AM
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Jan 14 2009, 09:34 AM) *
I live in suburban Atlanta, population of about 5,000,000 and the closest GMC'er that I know of is David Walliman and he lives almost 150 miles (~250KM) away.

Seems like there should be someone closer. dry.gif

What part of Atlanta are you in?
I live around Buckhead if you're familiar with that area of Atlanta. =P

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 17 2009, 03:09 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Joruus @ Jan 16 2009, 08:06 PM) *
It doesn't load for me sad.gif
It shows the page, text at bottem, 'support us' button at the right, but in the middle is just a big white space...

I've tried everyday since its posted here for about 10 minutes per try!
No one else got this problem?

Reset all your browser settings to there defaults (security, advanced, everything). Make sure you have the latest Flash and Shockwave pluggins. Also update your Java if you haven't in a while and then reboot and give it a go.

Hope that helps smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jan 17 2009, 07:05 AM
Mac users, in case any haven't figured it out, need to Cmd-click to bring up the Marker set box.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 17 2009, 07:31 AM
Instructor
This map is starting to look funny. Those icons look like we are 2 big rugby teams Europe vs USA smile.gif I think there are more of us.

This guy "ztevie" lives so far from everybody it looked scary a bit especially if you think of temperatures in that northern part of Scandinavia

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 17 2009, 07:56 AM
Kris seems a bit lost, that's some distance from Stockholm tongue.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Mandos
Jan 17 2009, 08:02 AM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jan 17 2009, 07:56 AM) *
Kris seems a bit lost, that's some distance from Stockholm tongue.gif

He problably placed it on top of Stockholm in a somewhat zoomed out mode.

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
ztevie
Jan 17 2009, 12:48 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 17 2009, 07:31 AM) *
This map is starting to look funny. Those icons look like we are 2 big rugby teams Europe vs USA smile.gif I think there are more of us.

This guy "ztevie" lives so far from everybody it looked scary a bit especially if you think of temperatures in that northern part of Scandinavia

What!? This is the center of the world! cool.gif
Actually, the only reason the climate here is ok is because of the Gulf Stream that cross the Atlantic from the Mexican Gulf up to northern Scandinavia. Without it, we wouldn't have any summer to talk of, and the winter would be much colder..
Other places on the same latitude is Sibiria, south Greenland, north Canada, north Alaska... But because of the Gulf Stream I can safely say we have much warmer climate here in scandinavia...

Some friends in a band played on a Festival weekend here a few years back. It was December, -20 C. And they played outside!
They had these thin finger gloves on, but appaearantly it was rather cold anyway, and I can imagine the instruments and other equipment took some beating... Guitar neck warping, anyone...?
Actually nothing happened, they only played for half hour... A 3 hour set may have been an other story?

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:02 AM