> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(10 Pass) Michael Ac - Classic Punk: The Clash , Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Michael AC
Sep 24 2011, 05:17 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Classic Punk: The Clash by Gabriel Leopardi

Would appreciate pointer on video as well as lesson playing, I am still getting used to Vegas. Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2011, 08:25 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Your take sounds really tight! I don't think there's anything wrong with it so..Congratulations! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 24 2011, 09:47 AM
Instructor
Hi Michael, consider it nailed ! cool.gif

Only a minor thing was you were ever so slightly behind the beat around 0:26-0:27 but not enough to lose points.

The video works great - you already know more than me about using Vegas !! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 24 2011, 08:25 AM) *
Hey man! Your take sounds really tight! I don't think there's anything wrong with it so..Congratulations! biggrin.gif

I think you forgot to vote, C-Maestro wink.gif Too busy thinking about my castle with the ducks ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2011, 10:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 24 2011, 08:47 AM) *
Hi Michael, consider it nailed ! cool.gif

Only a minor thing was you were ever so slightly behind the beat around 0:26-0:27 but not enough to lose points.

The video works great - you already know more than me about using Vegas !! laugh.gif

I think you forgot to vote, C-Maestro wink.gif Too busy thinking about my castle with the ducks ! biggrin.gif

Thanks Ben! biggrin.gif actually the phone rang and I got away from the PC tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 24 2011, 12:24 PM
Instructor
Sounds great, really nothing to add, you put enough tightness into it, although for Clash type of playing, there must be a bit more attitude involved. Also, single notes are behind the beat for most of the take, try to make them just slightly more straight.

Your editing in Vegas was very good, I like it a lot, and you also implemented a glow around the other video track. I prefer a solid glow (solid frame), not the feathered one, there is an option to reduce blur (near to the color parameter, where you switched from yellow to green)

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Sep 24 2011, 12:25 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 24 2011, 11:15 PM
Instructor
Well done Michael! Great sound, perfect and articulated playing ! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 25 2011, 10:34 AM
Instructor
Great man! You finally got the same tone! smile.gif I think that it's played very good but as the other guys said it's sometimes a bit behind the beat. Pay attention to your timing and you'll have a perfect take. It's a 9 for me! Well done.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 30 2011, 01:33 AM
Instructor
9 for me too, great take, but you need a BIT more of work on the groove, NICE.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 1 2011, 08:25 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Perfect!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:04 AM