7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Guitar Bushido - Mentoring Course !, with Sensei Ben..
Todd Simpson
Mar 12 2012, 10:47 PM
GMC:er
Much congrats on the COVER! Front Page! Nice! smile.gif Guitar Bushido LIVES! Where's my royalty check?!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 13 2012, 02:46 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 24 2012, 08:16 AM) *
Damn People are defecting Ben. We need to strengthen our army. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif JK! wink.gif

I hear you might be having a little "trouble"
which just puts me in the mood for some AC/DC wink.gif
feel free to pass along any information you deem umm," necessary"

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 13 2012, 10:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Mar 13 2012, 01:46 AM) *
I hear you might be having a little "trouble"
which just puts me in the mood for some AC/DC wink.gif
feel free to pass along any information you deem umm," necessary"

Wow....

I'm thinking your song of choice is going to be Shoot to Thrill !! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Mar 13 2012, 11:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
Sensai!
Practice I will, dedication and motivation the deal it seals.
My soul and name, to the semple I gave. As long as my hair, which I shaved.
Just with my guitar and a nice cup of tea, the whole mountain I climbed, without needing to... uhm... pee.

Well I could write poems for ever, but there's other things to do aswell.
I'll send you or post here some of my stuff.
Ben + Sensai should be Bensai.

So I'm in!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 13 2012, 01:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Amitai Kedmi @ Mar 13 2012, 10:58 AM) *
Sensai!
Practice I will, dedication and motivation the deal it seals.
My soul and name, to the semple I gave. As long as my hair, which I shaved.
Just with my guitar and a nice cup of tea, the whole mountain I climbed, without needing to... uhm... pee.

Well I could write poems for ever, but there's other things to do aswell.
I'll send you or post here some of my stuff.
Ben + Sensai should be Bensai.

So I'm in!

Haha.. welcome to The Temple ph34r.gif

Yes, believe it or not, somebody else has beaten you to the idea of Bensei !! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Mar 13 2012, 01:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 13 2012, 02:00 PM) *
Haha.. welcome to The Temple ph34r.gif

Yes, believe it or not, somebody else has beaten you to the idea of Bensei !! wink.gif

Not so hard to believe afterall.
Great, first mentoring I've ever gotten into here at GMC.
And see you tonight aswell in the chat!

Amitai

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 13 2012, 01:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Amitai Kedmi @ Mar 13 2012, 12:36 PM) *
Not so hard to believe afterall.
Great, first mentoring I've ever gotten into here at GMC.
And see you tonight aswell in the chat!

Amitai

Excellent, see you there ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lixxx
Mar 14 2012, 07:35 AM
Please allow my humble request to join you Dojo Sensei biggrin.gif .

I have some ( unfortunately ) old recording I did 2 years back on my JM4 .... will see to get a youtube account too ASAP

*bows*

A Dark Souls Blues

I just realized Im WAAAAAY late for this one ..... for some reason it showed on my start page just a few days ago and i didnt check the Post date ( smart move xD )

Anyway I will be working through the courses and try to catch up ^^

regards biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 14 2012, 11:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lixxx @ Mar 14 2012, 06:35 AM) *
Please allow my humble request to join you Dojo Sensei biggrin.gif .

Request granted ! cool.gif

Very nice playing on your blues track.. feel free to start with whatever Task you want in whichever group you feel is best smile.gif

+Quote Post
VinnieGunz
Mar 16 2012, 09:34 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 22 2012, 10:48 AM) *
Sensei Ben's Guitar Bushido

Guitar = Guitar
Bushido = Way of the Warrior

You're 2,000 ft up in the mountains. The icy wind is blowing across your face and chilling your bones. In your hand you clutch your guitar as you make your way towards the big, wooden pillars. Each heavy, laboured step takes you closer to what lies beyond these mountain gates.. a harsh, almost cruel regimen of physical and mental discipline and forging of willpower and character.

Your knuckles are already anticipating the push ups.. your fingers are already trembling at the thought of legato on an empty stomach and your hands are almost frozen in fear at the thought of constant palm muted down strokes. Welcome... you have reached my lair of guitar abuse. This is Guitar Bushido and I will be your Sensei.

I ask only one thing: empty your cup and be prepared to give.

Now that I've set the scene in my slightly unhinged way, I'll tell you what this all about smile.gif

I'd like to mentor you in your guitar playing and help you identify problem areas and work to improve them. For those of you who are new to GMC, my main interest in guitar playing is in the rock & metal areas so this is where my main levels of experience reside although, regardless of what genre of music you like, I can help anyone reach a certain level of dexterity and ability before you may want to concentrate your focus in a specific musical area.

How I'm going to do it is have 3 groups – Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced. Some of you I already know and can make a judgement on what might suit you best but for anyone interested in attending the Temple of Guitar Bushido please direct me to some visual/audio footage of yourselves. Also, I'd like to mention that even if you feel like you're too much of a beginner, you're not, any time is the right time to start learning more. Also, being a beginner is a good place to be because I won't have to beat any bad habits out of you, unlike some of the characters here at GMC...... wink.gif

Once I've got a few of you guys into one of the 3 groups I'll make 3 seperate threads and start giving some weekly tasks which are exclusive to each group. I would call them assignments but that's too friendly and reminds me of school. Tasks are what Hercules had to do.. a task requires strength and courage. biggrin.gif

There will be a deadline set each week, a different one for each group so keep an eye on them so you know how much time you have. I appreciate that everybody has other responsibilities in their lives and a week isn't a very long time to learn something but an inspiring thing to remember is that we all get the same 24hrs in a day, which is the same 24hrs that Steve Vai or Guthrie Govan gets. It's how we use it that determines our results. Whatever time we do get to devote to something we want to excel at, as long as we give 100% during that time, even if it's only 30 mins, then we're still giving everything.

So, are you ready to make your way into the temple ? If so, grab your guitars and sign up here...

Awesome, Ben! I am honored and as a formal martial artist I am excited to make the guitar a more active , all present part of my life .
I am gone on a sojourn until April 1 but will hit the ground running upon my return. I play in a 80's hairband called Stiff Kitty.

Regards, Michael (aka Vinnie Gunz)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 16 2012, 10:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (VinnieGunz @ Mar 16 2012, 08:34 AM) *
Awesome, Ben! I am honored and as a formal martial artist I am excited to make the guitar a more active , all present part of my life .
I am gone on a sojourn until April 1 but will hit the ground running upon my return. I play in a 80's hairband called Stiff Kitty.

Regards, Michael (aka Vinnie Gunz)

That sounds kick ass, Mr Gunz.. I look forward to your presence at The Temple ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
May 31 2012, 08:20 AM
Sensei Ben, I want your Bushido. Please sign me up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 31 2012, 08:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ May 31 2012, 08:20 AM) *
Sensei Ben, I want your Bushido. Please sign me up.

Enter The Temple and join the other disciples. There are 2 paths to take each week - Apprentice Tasks or Warrior Tasks.

Apprentice Tasks are aimed at beginner, intermediate

Warrior Tasks are also aimed at intermediate but also advanced

All you have to do is just follow my personal forum and every week a new Task will be uploaded, usually on a Friday but sometimes on a Saturday if I'm late. You can either start on a current Task or you can even go back and start with some of the older ones - it's up to you ! ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
May 31 2012, 08:50 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 31 2012, 07:34 AM) *
Enter The Temple and join the other disciples. There are 2 paths to take each week - Apprentice Tasks or Warrior Tasks.

Apprentice Tasks are aimed at beginner, intermediate

Warrior Tasks are also aimed at intermediate but also advanced

All you have to do is just follow my personal forum and every week a new Task will be uploaded, usually on a Friday but sometimes on a Saturday if I'm late. You can either start on a current Task or you can even go back and start with some of the older ones - it's up to you ! ph34r.gif

Where do I start ? I'd like Apprentice tasks.

This post has been edited by Yash: May 31 2012, 08:52 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 31 2012, 09:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ May 31 2012, 08:50 AM) *
Where do I start ? I'd like Apprentice tasks.

Just keep updated with this forum area here

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p?showforum=215

If you click the drop down menu to the right and select 'Track this Topic' you should be notified when I add a new topic smile.gif

The latest Task will be the one with the highest number. In this case it's 18, so just look for the corresponding thread and start learning the Task smile.gif

Or, like I said earlier, you can also go back through the list and choose some earlier Tasks to do. This might be a good idea as we covered a lot of ground. Picking, hand co ordination, legato, string bending and vibrato. It doesn't matter if you're on a different Task to other people, this is all here for people to come and use whenever they can, or want.

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: May 31 2012, 09:09 AM

+Quote Post
am3s22i
Jun 21 2012, 08:01 AM
Sensei Ben, i wanna join. i have sent you pm. thank you.

--------------------
“The level of achievement that we have at anything, is a reflection, of how well, we were able to focus on it. Because the only thing that’s holding you back, is the way you’re thinking.”
– Steve Vai

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 21 2012, 10:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (am3s22i @ Jun 21 2012, 08:01 AM) *
Sensei Ben, i wanna join. i have sent you pm. thank you.

Glad to have you on board James ! Have replied smile.gif

+Quote Post
wollace03
Aug 9 2012, 07:42 AM

Hi!

I started with gmc again this week and stumbled across your guitar bushido...great idea!!
I will follow the path you led out for the intermediate players although I am 20 something weeks behind.....so I am a silent follower ready to take the challenge......

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 9 2012, 09:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Aug 9 2012, 07:42 AM) *
Hi!

I started with gmc again this week and stumbled across your guitar bushido...great idea!!
I will follow the path you led out for the intermediate players although I am 20 something weeks behind.....so I am a silent follower ready to take the challenge......

Awesome !! Well it' totally up to you where you want to start and feel free to upload takes / videos in the older threads ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
jwizzle
Aug 25 2012, 03:37 AM
Hey Ben, My journey awaits : ) I would think i would be more of a beginner only because i have never had any formal training. heres a video i uploaded about 4 months ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_fZNPnl2-c

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:48 AM