Pedal
Nick325
Aug 15 2007, 07:42 AM
GMC:er
hey pavel

i was just checking out some pedals and came across the digitech df7 distortion factory and the bos pw10. i saw you had both of them. What do you think of them?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 15 2007, 08:55 AM
Instructor
DF-7 is a top distortion when it comes to versatility of distortion and overdrive types you can get out of it! I was not sure about it when i had to decide whether to buy it or not but once i got it home i was blown away! I really like the sound of it and i managed to get the sound i want. Really a top distortion for me!

Also there is a review on it in "Gear Reviews" section!

Boss PW-10 - some people don't like it - some people do. I really like the wah you get out of it! the construction of the pedal is unbreakable, you can easily step with full weight on it and it will hold it all. I also like the fact that the range is not controlled mechanically but with sensors so you will never have to open it, clean it or fix some mechanical parts. It may be pretty expensive - around 280$, but i never regret it. It does the job and i like it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 19 2007, 08:29 AM
hey pavel

i was going through a bunch of pedals and i came across a bunch of pedals i like, like the digitech metal master, boss ds-1, and boss metal zone. i then i came across the digitech df7 and i was like o sick it has all of those pedals in it and more for the price of one of them. so i think ill get that one and maybe a wah later on.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 19 2007, 04:02 PM
Instructor
I told you DF-7 is great! smile.gif I'm glad you also liked it!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Aug 19 2007, 04:20 PM
hey pavel, how u doin
how bout the multiple wah sim by boss? i was just wondering what pedals it can simulate, and if it does a good job simulating it smile.gif
danke

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 19 2007, 09:15 PM
Instructor
I never tried some other wah pedals in my life so i can't say if it simulates them good. i am using Cry-Baby simulation and i like it!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Aug 19 2007, 09:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 21 2007, 03:31 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 19 2007, 03:02 AM) *
I told you DF-7 is great! smile.gif I'm glad you also liked it!

Hey pavel, I haven't tried the df-7 yet, or pretty much any other pedal, because I never use pedals. But since I got my fender hot rod deluxe which has great blues and classic rock tones, I need a pedal for the more high gain stuff. So my question is, you said you use the boss metal zone model on the df-7 as your main model. To me, from what I've heard of the df-7, the two boss models are the best sounding ones by far, but the big muff is pretty sweet as well.

Also, the digitech metal master or whatever sounds terrible from what I've heard of it. Also, I haven't found any other pedals from digitech that I think sound really GREAT, but I like the sounds of the boss ones.

So I'm just wondering, would you agree that the two boss pedal simulations are the best ones on the df-7? Because right now from everything I've heard, I'm fairly skeptical of digitech and I might just buy the boss metal zone, to fill out my needs.

Also I need a delay pedal tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 21 2007, 04:19 AM
Instructor
I played Metal Zone MT2 many times and comparing to DF-7 it sucks TOTALLY! It's just ZZZZZZ you get out of it so i suggest you to stay away from MT-2 pedal. I say this from my own experience as my friend has it and we had a couple of jams together and i spent some time trying to set MT-2 to my liking but i never succeeded.

I also played the other pedal that has it's simulation on DF-7 (is it Turbo Distortion? - i think so...) and DF-7 beats both of them! I only use 1 setting on my pedal as it's the sound i like and it's suitable for all i play.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 21 2007, 10:10 AM
Learning Roadie
Actually, at the moment I'm leaning towards the electro-harmonix metal muff. It sounds amazing. I'm going to be saving up about $160 or so to buy this as well as a delay pedal (which I'm thinking boss dd-6), but I'm still open to suggestion until I have the money tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 21 2007, 04:25 PM
Instructor
Boss DD-6 was too expensive for me and i only use Delay pedal for solo delay so Digitech DigiDelay is doing awesome job for me. No need to spend extra 100$.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 22 2007, 10:18 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 21 2007, 03:25 AM) *
Boss DD-6 was too expensive for me and i only use Delay pedal for solo delay so Digitech DigiDelay is doing awesome job for me. No need to spend extra 100$.

I really like some of the extra features the dd-6 has though, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get that one.

Have you tried a metal muff? I haven't heard a single bad review from it. I love how it sounds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 22 2007, 06:41 PM
Instructor
Nope! Never tried it...never could find anything to try here biggrin.gif

Post us some mp3 samples when you get DD6!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:22 AM