Ik Multimedia Amplitube Irig, so cheap, so practical..
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 5 2012, 10:32 PM
Instructor
This device costs 40$, which I think is so little.. where is this world going when we can walk down the street, go on stage, do a show - and play songs on-the-go smile.gif

IK Multimedia AmpliTube iRig (price ~40$)

AmpliTube iRig iOS Guitar Amplifier Modeling System Features:

The perfect way to take all of your favorite guitar tones with you anywhere you go
Real time guitar and bass mobile multi-effects app for the Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
Same low-latency guitar effects and amplifier models as IK Multimedia's Mac/PC software systems
Choose from up to 11 stomps, 5 amps, 5 cabinets, and 2 mics
Each preset rig includes 3 simultaneous stompboxes, and amp, a cabinet, and a microphone model
Save and recall up to 36 effects presets on the fly
Import and play with songs or backing tracks with real time effects
Includes built-in tuner
1/4" female mono input jack connector
1/8" female stereo output mini-jack connector
Designed for electric guitar and bass, but also works with line level signals from synths and mixers
Output can be connected to headphones, amplifiers, powered speakers, mixers
Compatible with iPod touch (2nd & 3rd gen), iPhone 3G/S, iPhone 4/S, and iPad 1 and 2

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2012, 07:13 AM
GMC:er
This is the IK Multimedia bit of Kit for using their guitar software on your iphone and it's quite cool smile.gif There is a similar app for iPad that I've been using called AMP KIT+ which continues to impress me. I"m using an ALESIS PRO iPAD DOCK for IO which is also a killer bit of kit. The dock is about $200 U.S.

Here is the ipad2 runing Amp Kit docked in the Alesis Dock. Fits like a glove and sounds pretty killer smile.gif It's so good, Alex Skolnick (Testament) uses this setup to warm up for live shows an for recording on the road. Here is a little audio demo recorded on the unit using Amp Kit

http://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/todd-s-valve-king-mod
Attached Image

There are several vendors making iphone/ipad interfaces for recording now. The "mobile" market is just exploding. The quality of these devices for recording is impressive even at this early stage. It won't be long before these types of devices sounds as good as software/hardware costing far more. The democratization of Technology marches on!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gary
Jan 13 2012, 07:27 AM
GMC:er
I bought an Ipad2 for the kids couple months ago. I may have to hijack it and start using it myself smile.gif

Sounds sweet Todd.

Gary

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 13 2012, 07:33 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I have this and its awesome. Though I like their software, I didn't like the fact that I have to spend more and more just to record. I bought the iRig 40 bucks, got the iPhone app (not sure how much it costs, although there is a free version) and to actually record with a backing (the inbuilt just recorded one track I think), you had to buy another 4 track recorder and it just goes on and on. I wanted all in one package but these companies are just greedy.. With a 100$ I can buy a real recording interface, you know what I mean.

So, instead, I just got the garageband app for iPhone and am just so happy you get all in $5. I use the iRig with garageband during power outages here and interestingly, it sounds pretty amazing. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 14 2012, 09:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jan 13 2012, 07:33 AM) *
I have this and its awesome. Though I like their software, I didn't like the fact that I have to spend more and more just to record. I bought the iRig 40 bucks, got the iPhone app (not sure how much it costs, although there is a free version) and to actually record with a backing (the inbuilt just recorded one track I think), you had to buy another 4 track recorder and it just goes on and on. I wanted all in one package but these companies are just greedy.. With a 100$ I can buy a real recording interface, you know what I mean.

So, instead, I just got the garageband app for iPhone and am just so happy you get all in $5. I use the iRig with garageband during power outages here and interestingly, it sounds pretty amazing. smile.gif

Interesting, so it's really about several different apps, charging little-by-little. Great method for making money, but not that great for long-term customers. But it's a great device no doubt. You always have very good tone mate, and video is OK too.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 15 2012, 03:58 AM
Instructor
I have one of those! It's a very cool device but unfortunately it's hard to use it on stage or recording sessions because it's simply doesn't cut through the mix
But when you need to practice or have an idea this little thing can be very handy!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:02 AM