2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Arranging And Recording Tricks!, Or how to build a song!
Dinaga
Jan 24 2012, 11:41 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jan 24 2012, 08:05 PM) *
Hi! Answering your questions!
- If you use more layers than you have instruments (for example, doubling a rythm guitar when you only have one guitar in the band), doesn't that affect your live performance so it sounds a lot weaker than the studio version? Also, is doubling always better than applying the chorus effect? (maybe it's a stupid question, but I often wondered that so bear with me smile.gif )
You can double with one guitar just switch pickups or dial different sound on the amp! For your live performance it will depend on your band members if you have a tight rhythm section you can have only one guitar and it will be enough, sometimes people use two amps on different parts of stage with a delay pedal in the middle! Chorus is a part of a delay family what it does is delaying your signal and making it a little out of pitch you can try using if you have two amps on stage and a stereo chorus but I would suggest a delay pedal instead.

- Do you have any general advice on mastering the vocals? I'm very weak in that aspect, so I'd like to know if there are some tips on which effects or tricks to use on vocals so they don't sound too thin.
Vocals is a very interesting thing to work with! It depends on the style of music you are working with. When it's a major production vocals usually overdubbed at least 5 times with exactly the same part also back vocals will help a lot.
You can add some compression, EQ, reverb and chorus to it to make it sound bigger

Thanks a lot for the wise words mate! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 25 2012, 02:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dinaga @ Jan 24 2012, 10:41 PM) *
Thanks a lot for the wise words mate! smile.gif

No problem!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:07 PM