> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Cosmin's Video Chat Lesson Notes
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 11 2012, 03:22 PM
Instructor
Ok! We'll also add 'Would' as i have unintentionally doubled 'No excuses' smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 18 2012, 10:36 AM
Instructor
Captain's log, October 18th 2012

Ahoy mates, as I was telling you a few days ago, I am starting my preparation for the Pantera tribute gig and thus, today, we'll be discussing on the song 'I'm broken' which happens to be among my favorite tunes. I still have the solo to figure out, so we'll take a look at the structure and the riffs and we'll tackle the solo next time. Check the song out, here:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 18 2012, 10:36 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 25 2012, 04:13 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, October 25th, 2012

My friends, I am still in the learning process of Dime's most exquisite solo in 'I'm broken' so, I'll explain it but I need some more time to get it up to speed, and I also wanted to share some more stuff with you - one of my solos in the PRS Demo I am currently preparing so, stay tuned at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
korblitz
Oct 25 2012, 04:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 25 2012, 03:13 PM) *
Captain's Log, October 25th, 2012

My friends, I am still in the learning process of Dime's most exquisite solo in 'I'm broken' so, I'll explain it but I need some more time to get it up to speed, and I also wanted to share some more stuff with you - one of my solos in the PRS Demo I am currently preparing so, stay tuned at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin

]

Awesome! I want to hear that PRS Solo!

I also want to see the Akerfeldt guitar!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 25 2012, 07:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (korblitz @ Oct 25 2012, 03:28 PM) *
]

Awesome! I want to hear that PRS Solo!

I also want to see the Akerfeldt guitar!

The Akerfeldt guitar is coming in December smile.gif I got a SUPER DUPER deal for it - almost 35% discount!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 25 2012, 07:34 PM

+Quote Post
korblitz
Oct 25 2012, 08:00 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Must...Become...COosmin..and get PRS to make me....deals...on guitar!

Congrats Cosmin. I envy you in good waY!

Long Live PRS!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 25 2012, 10:09 PM
Instructor
You're far too kind man smile.gif Thank you!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 31 2012, 11:49 PM
Instructor
Captain's log, November 1st 2012

Gather' round ye merry players
And listen to this bard's ol' tale
For this day's special as ye know it
And 8 PM is when I ring the bell

A magic circle we shall see
Of fifths and fourths made up
And interesting things we'll talk
When we'll all meet and talk and.... stuff
laugh.gif

Alright, enough with the poetry already biggrin.gif Well, since you guys were curious about the circle of fifths, we shall discuss about it at the video chat session and in order to get in the medieval mood, how about using this one? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 31 2012, 11:49 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 5 2012, 06:38 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, November 5th, 2012

Mates, I want to draw the most important conclusions from last week's chit chattering and prepare you for the next set which I'll post tomorrow:

Ways to navigate the circle:

- If we go clockwise, we discover the apparition of sharps and that each note is followed by its 5th
- If we go counter-clockwise, we will discover the apparition of flats

You can use a funny sentence to remember the disposition of the notes on the circle:

- clockwise, such as 'Fat Cows Go Down Around Every Barn' or, my favorite: 'Frankly, Cool Guitarists Do Absolutely Everything Better'
- counterclockwise: 'Boiled Eggs Are Darn Good'

You can find which are the sharps in each key, if you know that starting with the first one (G major) each major seventh is a sharp and it adds the previous found ones until you reach F#

If you want to get rid of the nasty notes, which inevitably appear once you reach F# on the circle, simply transform F# into Gb and you will start losing alterations as you continue to navigate the circle, clockwise.

You can find out which flats disappear after transforming F# into Gb, by simply looking at the next key after Gb and considering its major 7th as an unaltered note. For instance, in the case of the Db major scale - Cb would be the major 7th, but it will transform itself into C. If you don't believe me, apply the major scale formula for Db and you'll see wink.gif The same goes until we reach C major and there are no more alterations!

You can discover a progression just by knowing the relationships between the notes on the circle smile.gif

Clockwise: F C G D A E B means IV I V ii vi iii vii
Counterclockwise: C F Bb Eb Ab Db Gb means I IV bvii biii bvi bii bV

Now, imagine that if you decide to make ANY note a root note for a major scale and you harmonize the notes so that you may obtain chords, the above relationships remain valid, whatsoever biggrin.gif We'll discuss more on Thursday!

You can also discover the notes making up a scale for instance smile.gif

Check out the upper right region of the circle and think of C as the root note - what do you discover? C G D A E - these are the scrambled notes of the C major pentatonic scale! Formula: 1 2 3 5 6. Notes: C D E G A biggrin.gif It's valid in the order discovered above, for EVERY root note smile.gif

More to come...

See you this Thursday at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 14 2012, 11:23 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, November 15th 2012

As we have discussed so far, the Circle of fifths has proven itself to be a great, useful and easy to understand tool.

Let's recap our latest discussion:

- our friend, Tim, has discovered that each minor relative is the third of the previous note found on the outside of the circle, if we navigate from 5th to 5th
- when navigating anti clockwise, we discover that each 4th becomes the new b and the 7th degree becomes the next scale's new 4th
- when navigating clockwise, the M7 of each scale becomes the new # and the 4th becomes the new 7th
- if we navigate clockwise, we discover that we can find very popular progressions such as: V I, ii V I, I vi ii V I for instance

A good exercise here, would be to pick up a certain progression such as the simple G C (V I) and then move it on the circle and figuring out the chords in various tonalities smile.gif Then, upgrade the progression and see how fast you are in figuring it out on the circle in a different tonality smile.gif

Now, in the next session we will discuss about chords and the way you can deduce and work them once you get to master the circle! biggrin.gif

See you this Thursday, at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 22 2012, 01:07 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, Thursday, November 22nd 2012

Alrightie guys! Since we have been dealing with progressions the last time and we dabbled with moving various progressions on the circle. I would like you guys to take a look over these progressions and try to play around with them in as many tonalities as possible:

I-IV-I-V7-IV-I - example in C major: Cmaj Fmaj G7 Fmaj Cmaj
I-IV-vii°-iii- vi-ii-V-I - example in C major: C maj Fmaj Bdim Emin Amin Dmin Gmaj C maj

And I would also like you to look over the progressions in The Beatles song called - Hey Jude - there's something interesting happening in there and this will be a little harmonic test for you to work with on the circle, but we'll deal with it during tonight's session.

Another important aspect we will be discussing are chords and how to discover very close chord positions (that means very little finger movement) in neighboring scales on the circle! A set of simple rules and a lot of fun - tonight at the v-chat!

See you at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Nov 22 2012, 01:08 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 28 2012, 12:36 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, November 28th 2012

Heya guys!

Today, since we spent almost all month long discussing the Circle of 5ths, I decided to take you into the world of riffing!

We will write short drum grooves together for various time signatures and invent riffs to go along with them! Let's use the video transmission from both sides to swap ideas and build TOGETHER!!

Looking forward to see you all!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 6 2012, 05:13 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, December 6th 2012

Guys and gals, it gives me a great pleasure to announce that tonight we are starting to prepare the December collab TOGETHER smile.gif

It will be a nice medley of traditional Christmas carols which we will orchestrate and discuss this evening! Here's the list so that you may noodle around with a little research:

Jingle Bells
Deck the Halls
We wish you a Merry Christmas
Silent Night

Each of them will have a different flavor and style, BUT more details tonight on how to build such a backing track!

See you at 8 PM London time - that means in about 3hrs and 45 minutes!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 13 2012, 12:35 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, December 13th 2012

Ahoy mates! Please take a look over the ideas included in the GP and PDF files below, so that you may get a glimpse of the stuff we'll be discussing tonight. Developing lead ideas out of the main themes of the Christmas carols for the collab will be our main topic.

Please also check out the collab thread below, for the backing track:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47035

Here are the chord progressions:

Deck the halls (all power chords) we'll be dealing with it together

C5 A5 G5 C5 G5 C5 x 2
G5 C5 A5 G5 D5 G5
C5 A5 G5 C5 G5 C5

Jingle Bells

Chorus: CM7 FM7 D7 or Dm7 - it's up to u G7 CM7
Verse: CM7 FM7 G7 CM7 - the part which we will be dealing tonight

See you tonight at 8 PM London time!!

Cosmin

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Christmas_Collab_ideas_1___developing_the_main_theme.gp5 ( 5.1K ) Number of downloads: 109
Attached File  Christmas_Collab_ideas_1___developing_the_main_theme.pdf ( 215.3K ) Number of downloads: 137

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 20 2012, 04:02 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, December 20th, 2012

Continuing last Thursday's ideas, I made up a little drill involving major 7th arpeggios, a little scalar run and all in all shuffle groove sweeping tongue.gif If we may call it like that smile.gif

Check out the tabs and bring on yer mics, cams and axes for an evening drill at 8 PM Tonight!

Let's shuffle...errmm rock biggrin.gif And don't forget, you have until this Sunday to come up with collab takes for the 'Christmas Collab' which you can find here-> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47035

Cosmin

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Christmas_Collab_ideas_2___Arpeggios.gp5 ( 3.02K ) Number of downloads: 113
Attached File  Christmas_Collab_ideas_2___Arpeggio_Drill.pdf ( 117.12K ) Number of downloads: 136

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 27 2012, 01:54 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, December 27th, 2012

Merry Christmas mates! Tonight we will have a discussion based around all sorts of solutions which you can apply when being in mid performance and having to face the unexpected: technical failures, mistakes, emotions and all sorts of things which might prevent you from taking your part to the end. We will discuss the rhythm playing perspective as well as the lead playing perspective!

Stay tuned tonight at 8 PM as usual!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 3 2013, 01:48 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, January 3rd, 2013

Happy new year amigos and amigas!

It's time for the first video chat session in 2013 and because you liked the riff that we created last week, I turned it into a COLLAB biggrin.gif It is called 'The new year's race collab' and it is available starting today - will post the details in this thread in a short while! But until then...

....since I was into some wild bends and vibrato plus a little fast lick which I came up with for this collab, we will discuss them and focus on articulation control tonight! Check out the licks in the attachment! I will explain everything tonight at 8 PM London time so stay tuned and join me for a fun session!

Cosmin

PS: Check out the licks and the slowed down versions in the attachment biggrin.gif

Here's the collab thread as promissed biggrin.gif -> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47355

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jan 3 2013, 03:07 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  TNYR_Collab_Lick_1.mp3 ( 221.88K ) Number of downloads: 180
Attached File  TNYR_Collab_Lick_2.mp3 ( 89.5K ) Number of downloads: 146
Attached File  TNYR_Collab_Lick_1_70_.mp3 ( 585.63K ) Number of downloads: 156
Attached File  TNYR_Collab_Lick_2_70_.mp3 ( 235.13K ) Number of downloads: 133

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 8 2013, 10:07 AM
Instructor
Captain's Log, January 8th, 2013

Guys smile.gif How about having a little contest in this v-chat session?

I will play random themes from famous movies, cartoons and TV shows and you have to guess them biggrin.gif We will of course discuss on how they are being built and played! Get your ears ready!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 17 2013, 09:18 AM
Instructor
Captain's Log, January 17th, 2013

We will continue analyzing interesting themes - so it's part 2 from last Thursday's session biggrin.gif Come join me at 8 PM London time and we'll have loads of fun together!

Cosmin

PS: Let's not forget the homework biggrin.gif -> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47519

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jan 17 2013, 10:35 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 24 2013, 08:32 PM
Instructor
Captain's log, January 24th, 2013

Tonight, we'll take a look into the world of modulation smile.gif A very murky concept, which is based on some principles as you may see below, but all in all, in the end, you are allowed to try anything, as we will see in the examples I will show you depicted from famous hits songs featuring modulation to spice up the piece and wake the listener up from his sleep biggrin.gif

Well - modulation is basically a key change within a song and there are a few types:

- Phrase modulation - this means we end a phrase and begin the next in another key
- Pivot modulation - this uses a pivot chord, which belongs to both keys and is usually followed by a chord that confirms the modulation (this second one belongs only to the new key)
- Sequential modulation - this one deals with having several key changes in a song until reaching a certain key in which the song may stay.

More on this and some awesome songs dissected - in 30 minutes in the chat room!

See you there and take a look here: Tim and Dian are the heroes of the day: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry629270

Cosmin

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:43 AM