Solo Help!
TesttubeMammoth
Jan 5 2012, 08:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Ivan!

Was wondering if you could help me puzzle something out.
I am in the process of learning new scales at the moment - it's a bit hit and miss because I want to try and learn scales that will be useful to me but at the same time you don't know if they're useful until you know them... rolleyes.gif

So, I heard this solo recently which has the kind of sound I want to achieve - not necessarily the speed but the feel of this solo really appealed to me. That kinda fusiony thing that I can never quite put my finger on...

Would you be able to shed some light on what scales are being used here please? Just a general idea of how to achieve this sort of feel would be really useful.
I found a guitar pro file for the song too, the solo in the video is about 3:10 and starts at bar 76 in the guitar pro file. (the rest of the song is pretty crazy too) file removed

Thanks! smile.gif

Frankie.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Jan 6 2012, 09:57 AM
Reason for edit: Famous song tabs aren't allowed for copyright reasons

--------------------
be excellent to each other
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 8 2012, 11:36 PM
Instructor
Well, it makes sense, cause Em7 chord appears in three keys: C major, G major and D major. In G major, it's based on Aeolian mode, and in the same key - you can find A dorian. In fact, A dorian has the same notes as E minor scale.

As for Eb dorian over Em7, that fits, cause it sounds bluesy probably.. Anyway, it's Dd major key.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:00 AM