7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Dragon force solo, Insane!
Zee Deveel
Feb 5 2007, 09:32 PM
GMC:er
LMFAO! That guy is SHIT!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Feb 5 2007, 10:08 PM
blink.gif Wow... they're a lot worse than I thought after seeing that Betcha Can't Play This video.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Climate
Feb 5 2007, 10:36 PM
Haha nice find!

+Quote Post
Why
Feb 5 2007, 10:49 PM
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ Feb 5 2007, 10:08 PM) *
blink.gif Wow... they're a lot worse than I thought after seeing that Betcha Can't Play This video.

Watch the Marty one and then the live one and you'll think they're even worse.

+Quote Post
moles
Feb 5 2007, 11:53 PM
Hiya guys, first post rolleyes.gif
My friend and I have always bickered about Dragonforce.
He is a die hard Dragonforce fan and refuses to believe that they actually can't play what they say they can.
No matter how many videos I show him as evidence he always has an excuse (most of which are pretty drastic laugh.gif )

QUOTE (Why @ Feb 5 2007, 05:24 PM) *
Oh my god, I just found this, Don't cry while you watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oii1EF7DnFM

I showed this video to him and he seemed shocked and used his normal, "Must be drunk" etc excuses.

Then he spotted something quite funny. Watch from 40 seconds onwards and keep your eye on Tom.

laugh.gif

I reckon thats what made him sound so out of tune in that video.

But there is no good excuse for the others laugh.gif Those are just baaaadd
Even if they are always drunk, that's just disrespectful to the fans. I mean, the fans pay good money to go see them and Dragonforce show up drunk and sound terrible? huh.gif
I know I wouldn't be such a loyal fan...

+Quote Post
Why
Feb 5 2007, 11:58 PM
Being drunk is no excuse. Dimebag was on drugs, drunk and stoned but he never played like THAT

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Feb 6 2007, 06:31 PM
synyster gates is even worse xD

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Feb 6 2007, 09:25 PM
Agreed.

... Which other players that everyone likes is really bad?

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Feb 6 2007, 10:05 PM
This is the last post I will make in this thread and I know I shouldn't even bother to post this one but honest to god you guys make me so pissed off.

You sit and bitch over a band because theyre not playing clean on live performances. But I must ask you, have any of you ever played on a stadium in front of hundreds and hundreds of people? Or on national tv in front of even more? Just asking, if you have it's cool but unless you have you might wanna can it. What if they have stage fright? And I am being 100% serious. People can have phobias and problems affecting stuff like live perfomances and it's a mental illness. Just like people can be afraid of spiders, long words, beards etc.

And I know for a fact I play 10 times better at home, in my bedroom with just me listening than I do in front of my girlfriend, family or even the band! Because I am more comfortable here.

I keep hearing all this crap about how they make themselves out to be some sort of guitar gods and blabla. Now I do not know for a fact but, have you ever seen7read/heard them actually say it? Or have you read it in the same magazin where ufos rule USA and Britney Spears have natural boobs? Also, abnout Herman winning a competition - how is this a bad thing? Maybe the others weren't as good and he won, how is this boasting about ones skills?

Anyway, untill you show me a video of yourself playing infront of at least 500 people at 150-200bpm note for note exact and sound perfectly clean I think you should all just f... well. You can guess what I want you to do.

Peace.

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Feb 7 2007, 01:22 AM
This isn’t about Dragonforce having stage fright and not executing their music correctly. Judging from EVERY live video I’ve seen of them, they can’t play it period. Their album is a total studio clean-up. That bothers me, but I could even excuse it if it weren’t for the fact that their fans (and some of my friends) pay money to go and see them, expecting what’s on the album only to find out the band can’t actually play their own music in a listenable way.

What annoys me the most is how many of these stupid and/or uninformed people completely idolize them and call them “guitar gods” and such. That’s just mind-numbing because there are countless bedroom shredders out there who are twice as good, have worked much harder on their playing, and many times have tried desperately to “make it” in the music industry but were unable to due to the mainstream media promoting phonies like Dragonforce.

… On top of that, faux shredding just really bothers me.

This post has been edited by InstruMental Case: Feb 7 2007, 01:23 AM

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 7 2007, 01:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ Feb 7 2007, 01:22 AM) *
faux shredding

What does that mean?? huh.gif huh.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Feb 7 2007, 01:38 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faux

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Feb 7 2007, 02:33 AM
In honor of this thread, I've created a new video...

"Dragonforce SUCK"!

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 7 2007, 04:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
lmao thats a good video, 5 stars

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 7 2007, 05:29 AM
QUOTE (Steelkonsum @ Feb 6 2007, 10:05 PM) *
This is the last post I will make in this thread and I know I shouldn't even bother to post this one but honest to god you guys make me so pissed off.

You sit and bitch over a band because theyre not playing clean on live performances. But I must ask you, have any of you ever played on a stadium in front of hundreds and hundreds of people? Or on national tv in front of even more? Just asking, if you have it's cool but unless you have you might wanna can it. What if they have stage fright? And I am being 100% serious. People can have phobias and problems affecting stuff like live perfomances and it's a mental illness. Just like people can be afraid of spiders, long words, beards etc.

And I know for a fact I play 10 times better at home, in my bedroom with just me listening than I do in front of my girlfriend, family or even the band! Because I am more comfortable here.

I keep hearing all this crap about how they make themselves out to be some sort of guitar gods and blabla. Now I do not know for a fact but, have you ever seen7read/heard them actually say it? Or have you read it in the same magazin where ufos rule USA and Britney Spears have natural boobs? Also, abnout Herman winning a competition - how is this a bad thing? Maybe the others weren't as good and he won, how is this boasting about ones skills?
Anyway, untill you show me a video of yourself playing infront of at least 500 people at 150-200bpm note for note exact and sound perfectly clean I think you should all just f... well. You can guess what I want you to do.
Peace.

Hey I wasn't bashing them, but fans do have a right to complain if they spend thier hard earned money for an awesome show and get a poor show. I hope they do practice, and improve thier live skills because what's on the album is good music IMO. Actually if I remember correctly in a Guitar World interview Sam said he sucks.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Feb 7 2007, 11:25 AM
This doesnt sound to bad : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkuGfzNziBw...02&index=62

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 7 2007, 12:46 PM
GMC Founder
biggrin.gif Well here is some frantic discussions going on...I'm eager to jump in but it seems youtube is down (??).

--------------------

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Feb 7 2007, 01:44 PM
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ Feb 7 2007, 02:33 AM) *
In honor of this thread, I've created a new video...

"Dragonforce SUCK"!

Do you even practice yourself? blink.gif huh.gif mellow.gif unsure.gif dry.gif
you're always putting up vids of other guitar players

This post has been edited by ezravdb: Feb 7 2007, 01:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
Feb 7 2007, 02:22 PM
Haha, I'd have stage fright too if I couldn't play any of my songs properly! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Feb 7 2007, 03:49 PM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Feb 7 2007, 06:44 AM) *
Do you even practice yourself?

Yeah, I basically practice like other people go to school. By that I mean I home school by correspondence, so I only have to spend about two hours on my textbooks a day, and the rest I’m free to practice, workout, make stupid videos, or whatever. More recently I’ve been trying to do a full-time practice schedule that covers most of the techniques I want to get good at. So I’ve been waking up at around 6am, starting practice by 7, and then practicing until the evening. But it’s a difficult schedule to maintain, and my right hand has really started to hurt sometimes.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:36 AM