7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Dragon force solo, Insane!
Why
Feb 7 2007, 04:09 PM
GMC:er
Playing live is a part of musicianship, If they can't play live they should pack up their stuff and quit. I don't see Gilbert, Petrucci, Cooley etc making any mistakes live and their stuff is about 10 times as technical.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
Feb 7 2007, 04:25 PM
IMC: I hear that man, my hand has been aching for a week now. tongue.gif

Working a lot this week and staying at my girlfriends so no guitar for me which is probably a good thing, I *really* wanna play but I'm sure a rest will do me good.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post
Liam
Feb 7 2007, 06:57 PM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Feb 7 2007, 11:25 AM) *

nice vid , ezra
i think you proved, they can play B)

and the other video where sam is falling , and the pedals .. moehahahaha

+Quote Post
Liam
Feb 7 2007, 07:17 PM
My message from *Dragonforce & me* to you guys mad.gif biggrin.gif

Attached Image
laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Feb 7 2007, 07:24 PM
QUOTE (Liam @ Feb 7 2007, 07:17 PM) *
My message from *Dragonforce & me* to you guys mad.gif biggrin.gif
Attached Image
laugh.gif

ROFL

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
beebo
Feb 7 2007, 08:53 PM
Wow I didn't mean to start a big argument I just wanted to show people that the solo sounded good not live huh.gif Did I make a topic that has the most replies. Is there a reward laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Feb 8 2007, 06:18 AM
QUOTE (beebo @ Feb 7 2007, 07:53 PM) *
Wow I didn't mean to start a big argument I just wanted to show people that the solo sounded good not live huh.gif Did I make a topic that has the most replies. Is there a reward laugh.gif

No, I think the topic with the most replies is Yngwie Malmsteem Strat located in Gear. I made one with 42 repplies.

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 8 2007, 06:18 PM
GMC Founder
I am not very impressed either - I would not say they suck generally though. Writing cool songs and solos is a great ability - performing live is another one. (Note: I haven't heard any of their studio recordings)

These guys are still quite young so let's hope they'll get some more practicing time. smile.gif

Edit: So I checked beebo's original post and the youtube link - that was a really cool recording. Some kind of synth overdub is also audible. It was performed very tight (is it the beer perhpaps! wink.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
beebo
Feb 8 2007, 08:51 PM
42 replies? this one has 48 so far duh blink.gif

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
Feb 9 2007, 04:51 PM
"Day after day this misery must go on" Rofl! That's classic!

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Feb 10 2007, 07:07 PM
QUOTE (beebo @ Feb 8 2007, 07:51 PM) *
42 replies? this one has 48 so far duh blink.gif

Yeah, but Yngwie Malmsteen Statocaster has like 75. ohmy.gif

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
beebo
Feb 11 2007, 02:13 AM
yea u mean stratocaster

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Feb 11 2007, 07:28 AM
Whatever

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
beebo
Feb 11 2007, 09:44 PM
laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Feb 14 2007, 03:34 AM
I really dislike power metal biggrin.gif

I think they are funny.

This post has been edited by Robin: Jan 24 2008, 12:47 PM

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Feb 14 2007, 11:58 PM
Here is a different video of Dragonforce from Guitar World: Dragonforce

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
beebo
Mar 1 2007, 10:42 PM
That's one pretty good! I will give some credit to Dragonforce there pretty good but they don't have a lot of respect usually playing drunk. I know most bands might be drunk when they play but some bands can't do both and they need to just pick one flat out! wink.gif
Thanks for all the comments are there any other DragonForce fans out there that can argue with us laugh.gif lol

+Quote Post
digitaladdiction...
Mar 4 2007, 10:43 AM
QUOTE (Steelkonsum @ Feb 6 2007, 10:05 PM) *
This is the last post I will make in this thread and I know I shouldn't even bother to post this one but honest to god you guys make me so pissed off.

You sit and bitch over a band because theyre not playing clean on live performances. But I must ask you, have any of you ever played on a stadium in front of hundreds and hundreds of people? Or on national tv in front of even more? Just asking, if you have it's cool but unless you have you might wanna can it. What if they have stage fright? And I am being 100% serious. People can have phobias and problems affecting stuff like live perfomances and it's a mental illness. Just like people can be afraid of spiders, long words, beards etc.

And I know for a fact I play 10 times better at home, in my bedroom with just me listening than I do in front of my girlfriend, family or even the band! Because I am more comfortable here.

I keep hearing all this crap about how they make themselves out to be some sort of guitar gods and blabla. Now I do not know for a fact but, have you ever seen7read/heard them actually say it? Or have you read it in the same magazin where ufos rule USA and Britney Spears have natural boobs? Also, abnout Herman winning a competition - how is this a bad thing? Maybe the others weren't as good and he won, how is this boasting about ones skills?
Anyway, untill you show me a video of yourself playing infront of at least 500 people at 150-200bpm note for note exact and sound perfectly clean I think you should all just f... well. You can guess what I want you to do.
Peace.

When you go pro you open yourself up to harsh reality. I would be much more constructive with my criticism of someone who is trying to learn and does not position themselves as professionals.

No mater what they make themselves out to be they are professionals and I have no qualms with just saying they suck. The world is not peaches and ice cream and everything cant be equal and fair some people are better than others and for a professional performance they are not performing at par. Besides technical flaws I must agree with some of the youtube posts that it feels like they are playing fast just for the sake of playing fast and have no soul in there playing.

Are they better than me? Hell ya. I make no qualms about that. Does not mean I cant tell what is good or not. I am not a world famous chef either but I can tell when my food is overdone.

+Quote Post
beebo
Mar 5 2007, 10:56 PM
Amen

+Quote Post
EddieB
Mar 13 2007, 05:15 AM
Okay first post in... forever

But I have to say, as much as I love DragonForce (PLEASE listen to the album... it's soooo awesome... and I understand that they are pretty, erm, poor... when it comes to live performances), Gus G of Firewind has got to be among the top guitarists out there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2r6QhZl80tU

In my opinion, if Herman and Sam would

A) quit the stage acting... it's not helping at all. Doing all the jumps and whatnot doesn't make a better performance (it actually hurts alot... hence all the tripping/falling)

B) figure out WHAT THE HECK is forcing their guitars out of tune (I honestly think it's all the whammying, but I could be wrong... I've only 'played' *stifles laughter* for 2 years)

C) FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY IN THE WORLD OF HEAVY/POWER METAL STOP DRINKING!! (there IS a video out there that shows sam has like beer cans strapped to his mic stand w/ straws sticking out of each one.... problem much?)

They would probably be GREAT live... but that's just my two and a half pesos.

And for those people that say drugs/drinking is supposed to enhance your guitaring... ummm... no, just... no.

Drugs = "whoa!!! my hands can touch anything but themselves @.@"

(btw I'm going to see DF live tomorrow so ya... here's to hoping something miraculous will happen *stifles laughter again*, but meh, If I have fun and enjoy it, that's all I care about)

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:56 AM