> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Derper's Holy Grail Of Axe Knowledge
derper
Sep 10 2012, 06:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
This sucks....I can't find my camera battery charger!! And it only takes that battery pack. I'll be practicing, but I may not be able to submit a vid for a few weeks, fyi. I hope it turns up soon.

EMULATOR gig this friday, then end of month. Our 2 biggest yet. So I'll also be turning my focus to that, this week. But I will still hit the arpeggios during warmups, so I can hopefully submit a REC next month!! Getting very close...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2012, 07:57 AM
Instructor
Gabe, take it easy man, tend to your stuff - I'll be here wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 11 2012, 06:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
Ah HA!! Found my camera battery charger. Gonna get that plugged in now, work on EMULATOR for a while, and hopefully post another vid of how AMAZING my picking is becoming!! Well....amazing compared to before.

Really, just that last tip you gave me, helped my picking so much! I just try and relax, and focus on the very minor mechanics of picking that arpeggio (and other riffs, of course) after warming up...and it's so much better than before.

I really think there is a chance I can get a solid REC take soon. I would say by today, but I don't want to jinx it. I'm already about 3-4months over my original estimate for how long it would take to REC. Oops!! I guess it will be that much sweeter to achieve a full-speed REC passing grade when I get there. And I WILL get there!

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2012, 06:59 AM
Instructor
Right, right! Don't Jinx it man! biggrin.gif

I'll be waiting for that post biggrin.gif aaaand vid wink.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 18 2012, 10:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
Here's a vid from a few days ago, when I put in a little time to the "Voice of your Guitar" video. It's not the whole thing, just the first half in the lower octave.

This video really shows my weak spots. Ugh! Vibrato has improved a bit, since arriving to GMC, but still not a strong point for me. Also, I didn't put enough time in, to TRULY learn/memorize the notes, so I am a bit sketchy due to that as well.

Really, I've already learned a ton by forcing myself to take a video and watch it. I'm sure you'll have some pointers as well, but I can see many points for improvement on this "easy" lesson. Funny, but this "easier" lesson is "more difficult" for me, because it represents a style of music/guitar that I don't ofter play. BUT, that makes it more fun to branch out and work on new techniques!!

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 19 2012, 07:39 AM
Learning Tone Master
Also, here's something else I started working on for fun! Just started, and wow is it some awkward fretboard maneuvering for me! Just watch (at the end you get a GREAT shot at my picking hand!)....

Perhaps there is some advice you could give? Maybe I'm not even playing the proper position for this. Or picking and such. Here's the (streaming) link to the original, if that helps: http://grooveshark.com/s/U+Got+Me+Rx/3FIDA8?src=5

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2012, 09:16 AM
Instructor
Hey Gabe! It's not bad bro, you need more flow - which will come with knowing the whole piece tongue.gif and also, I was ALWAYS wondering why does everybody tackling this lesson, forget about those little bends which are appearing at min 0.7 in the original recording, for instance? tongue.gif

My two cents here smile.gif This lesson was categorized as Level 3 or easy lesson, just because it doesn't have 'fast stuff' in it, but the thing is, there are more difficult things than just 'fast' wink.gif

In my opinion, anyone taking enough time and focused practice regarding playing with the metronome, will acquire speed and precision in picking and legato, or other resembling techniques, but being expressive is a thing of self exploration that goes far beyond 'practice'. It is a connection with oneself's deepest feelings which are allowed to come out through the guitar: anger, happiness, guilt, saddness ... A wide array of human emotions which can be emulated with the aid of an instrument, IF you learn to let go of 'braces' and use your ears more than anything else:

- inner ears - they dictate the music inside
- outer ears - they tell you how to connect the music inside with the instrument

Pretty much philosophical, but this is how it works smile.gif

My suggestion here would be to memorize the lines and sing them smile.gif As accurate as possible! Then sing AND play in the same time - you'll have a nice surprise wink.gif

As for the other vid - great tune man! I had no clue about this one tongue.gif

It seems you got it down an I really like the dynamics and the tone - but watch out at the note found on the first beat of the 2nd bar (at full speed and at lower speed) You tend to miss it smile.gif

I want to see this one fully recorded and I will look into it myself as I like it very much!

Thanks biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 19 2012, 08:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks for the insights! Very great suggestions, all around. I certainly need to put some more time into getting "familiar" with this tune, before ever playing it from the heart. BUT, I figured I should show you where I'm at, before disappearing for a month into "practice land"!!

And yeah....I do tend to miss that note, almost every time!! I noticed both while practicing it, and while watching the video.

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 20 2012, 10:48 AM
Instructor
Easy does it mate! I am glad you can use my thoughts to your advantage biggrin.gif

Let's see some bends, aye?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 20 2012, 07:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
I watched Max's new bending lesson today, and saw that Kristopher mentioned the "exercises" in the last videos... https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bending-Ballad/

They really are some GREAT little exercises to improve bends. I think, after next week's EMULATOR gig (at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo!!) I'll put a little time into those exercises, and apply those skills to your "Voice of your Guitar" lesson!! Max's whole lesson is a little "beyond me" at the moment, but after nailing your lesson perhaps I'll be better suited to give it a run.

Thanks Cosmin!

**Also, yesterday I found a way to eliminate that "bad" note on the Melvin Sparks funky/jazz riff. It was a very simple change of grip that allowed me to bar the pinky and play the same fret from B to high E string w/out "muting" the note as I was.

This whole GMC thing is great because I learn how to LEARN better each day!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 20 2012, 02:48 AM) *
Easy does it mate! I am glad you can use my thoughts to your advantage biggrin.gif

Let's see some bends, aye?

Cosmin

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 21 2012, 02:39 AM
Learning Tone Master
Also... (boy, it is fun to be BACK at GMC with time to learn!! biggrin.gif ) here's a video with a quick picking question regarding the vivaldi lesson. Also, it applies to picking in general. Watch, as I reveal my picking ignorance before your very eyes!!

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 21 2012, 08:17 AM
Instructor
Hey Gabe biggrin.gif Good call man! I don't do the downstroke there because it would definitely ruin my flow! It's as you showed it the first time, with an upstroke wink.gif

There are certain times when I go against the normal flow to get 'my flow' - if that makes sense laugh.gif But, the idea is that usually, with time annd experience you will 'sniff out' the natural and flow wise movements which you have to follow smile.gif

I started rehearsing this piece again myself smile.gif biggrin.gif Please do ask anything you need to know! I super like your videos and the fact that it's always easy to understand what you need because I can see and hear smile.gif Thanks man!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 21 2012, 05:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks Coz! I practiced HARD yesterday, and was close....but still not accurate enough to submit a take full-speed. But, I'm still regaining hand strength I lost last month during wedding month. I think the original says "130 bpm" and I'm able to get some clean runs at about 113 or so. I'm going to keep at it, and also keep going back and practicing each piece slower, and hopefully get there soon!

No vid, but I was working on your "Voice" lesson too....wow, I really was missing some stuff in that one!!

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 22 2012, 05:22 PM
Instructor
Hehe! Good going amigo! Glad to hear you are practicing hard and discovering new things as well!

Looking forward to one of your vids! biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:36 AM