3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Sonny_nl Mtp Thread - December
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 10 2009, 06:00 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (sonny_NL @ Dec 10 2009, 05:48 PM) *
heyy bogdan!

nice assignment never knew something about intervals time to learn them!
yesterdag i have studied i little it, i was also working at the exercise! i started at 60 bpm 8th notes!

Thank u:)

Glad you like the assignments so far!

I have decided which lesson will be your MTP REC take for December :

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...le-bass-lesson/

How do you feel about it?

I will need it in standard REC format (audio/video) by the end of the month. You will need to submit 4 assignments and that lessons REC in order to proceed with mentoring into January. You are doing great so far and keeping up with the work - good job man! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonny_NL
Dec 10 2009, 06:43 PM
Learning Roadie
i am feeling good about that lesson i like that lesson a lot!

i love muse haha tongue.gif

and i hopefully have done everything in this month with the holiday but ill try to do myn best!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 10 2009, 10:44 PM
QUOTE (sonny_NL @ Dec 10 2009, 05:48 PM) *
heyy bogdan!

nice assignment never knew something about intervals time to learn them!
yesterdag i have studied i little it, i was also working at the exercise! i started at 60 bpm 8th notes!

Thank u:)

Let me know if you need any help with the intervals. Once you learn them, I can post a test for you (even before deadline) so we can speed things up a bit smile.gif

Here are my comments on your take on the first assignment:

You started well. My main advice at this point will be to pay attention to note values. So if its 8th notes then they need to fill out space between two metronome clicks (two notes in there!). You are shortening notes and playing staccato like. You can hear fret noise from lifting up your left hand fingers too early. Play the note and keep the pressure with the finger until you play the next note. You want the transition between two notes to be as smooth as possible and not cut out notes too early (lift finger/force off the fretboard). That is my main concern here. As you went up the neck you lost track of time and place in relation to metronome. Try bobbing your head or tapping your foot against a metronome pulse - even though its a drum backing you can clearly hear a pulse going on. Concentrate on it in order not to get lost.

Very good take, keep working on the exercises. In assignment 2 you'll do some theory as PRIMARY assignment and in the mean time you can practice more challenging exercises in the same manner (new patterns to learn!) smile.gif

Let me know when you are ready to take the intervals test! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 13 2009, 09:11 PM
Ok here is the test so you can start working on it:

TEST

1. What is the definition of interval?

2. There are 5 qualifying terms that go with the numerical value of the interval. List them:

- Major
-
-
-
-

3. When you lower the major interval by a half step, which interval it becomes : __________

5. When you rise the perfect interval by a half step, which interval it becomes: __________

6. If the root is note C ,

major 3rd =
perfect 5th =
minor 3rd =
minor 7th =

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Dec 13 2009, 09:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonny_NL
Dec 13 2009, 09:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Thank u bogdan i see that i the most questions know but some i need to get work on!

thank u!
srry if u don't say so much these times i am very busy! wink.gif

+Quote Post
sonny_NL
Dec 14 2009, 08:01 PM
Learning Roadie
Heyy Bogdan!

i had an idea,
friday i go on vacation so i can't play and stuff. butt ill go with the airplane, is there some theory what i need to know for further assignments ore something. i can take it with me!
and tomorrow i going to fill in the test!

thank u wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 15 2009, 01:33 AM
QUOTE (sonny_NL @ Dec 14 2009, 08:01 PM) *
Heyy Bogdan!

i had an idea,
friday i go on vacation so i can't play and stuff. butt ill go with the airplane, is there some theory what i need to know for further assignments ore something. i can take it with me!
and tomorrow i going to fill in the test!

thank u wink.gif

Fill in the test tomorrow and I'll make another theory assignment for you! How long will you be on vacation? You should start working on your mtp rec take as soon as you can! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonny_NL
Dec 15 2009, 07:16 PM
Learning Roadie
I coming 1 day after christmas back i think that is the 27th smile.gif i want to learn theory so i don't have an huge thing missed smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 15 2009, 07:34 PM
QUOTE (sonny_NL @ Dec 15 2009, 07:16 PM) *
I coming 1 day after christmas back i think that is the 27th smile.gif i want to learn theory so i don't have an huge thing missed smile.gif

Ok, I recommend starting work on the MTP REC take (Muse lesson) as soon as you can.

Then when you come back you will have to do the 4th assignment and post up a REC take by the end of month (so you can continue with the mtp into the next month).

I also recommend filling in this previous test so I can give you the next assignment! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonny_NL
Dec 15 2009, 07:50 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 13 2009, 09:11 PM) *
Ok here is the test so you can start working on it:

TEST

the distance between 2 notes

2. There are 5 qualifying terms that go with the numerical value of the interval. List them:

- Major
- Minor
- Augmented
- Diminished
- Octave

3. When you lower the major interval by a half step, which interval it becomes : ___minor_______

5. When you rise the perfect interval by a half step, which interval it becomes: ____Diminished______

major 3rd =E
perfect 5th = G
minor 3rd =D#
minor 7th = B

I think this is well it i'll hope its good biggrin.gif and the muse REC is going good i know how to play it smile.gif and can play it clean. so when i have the time ill record it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 16 2009, 01:12 AM
QUOTE (sonny_NL @ Dec 15 2009, 07:50 PM) *
I think this is well it i'll hope its good biggrin.gif and the muse REC is going good i know how to play it smile.gif and can play it clean. so when i have the time ill record it smile.gif

TEST

the distance between 2 notes

- Major
- Minor
- Augmented
- Diminished
- Octave

3. When you lower the major interval by a half step, which interval it becomes : ___minor_______

5. When you rise the perfect interval by a half step, which interval it becomes: augumented

major 3rd =E
perfect 5th = G
minor 3rd =D#
minor 7th = Bb

Good work!

I'll post the next assignment tomorrow for you! I suggest recording REC take as soon as you can...

MTP is hard to keep up and you must do everything in one month (4 assigments + REC) in order to proceed to the next one! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 16 2009, 04:25 PM
Weekly assignment 3:

Major scale practice

Lesson to practice: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/major-scale-bass-lesson/
Theory : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=5040

Goal : To learn the major scale and be able play it on bass.

Purpose : Learn your first scale and put it into practice.

Instructions : I want you to read the material from the Andrew's article. Don't worry because its written for guitar, theory is same for all instruments. Once you read it, I want you to check out my video lesson about the major scale. In the first video part you have explanations of how to construct a major scale and everything you need to know. Make sure that you study that page well since test will be based on material that I covered there! Once you learn the scale, try to play it on your bass!

Requirements :
Post updates on your practice daily if possible, describing what have you
done. For this assignment you will need to fill-in another theory test. If you read all the materials I mentioned in the "instructions field" - you won't have any problems!

Deadline to complete: 23th of December

Good luck and remember to post your questions and progress!

If you feel that you are ready to take the test before the deadline, notify me so I can post it for you!

After this assignment you will have to fill in another one and REC take in order to proceed into the next month of mentoring.

Cheers,
Bogdan

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonny_NL
Dec 17 2009, 07:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Thank u for this assignement!!:)

this is myn lastt post for the vacation soo i talk to you about 10 dayss wink.gif
i hope u have an great timee wink.gif
ill going to learn all the theory u give me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 25 2009, 09:30 PM
QUOTE (sonny_NL @ Dec 17 2009, 07:24 PM) *
Thank u for this assignement!!:)

this is myn lastt post for the vacation soo i talk to you about 10 dayss wink.gif
i hope u have an great timee wink.gif
ill going to learn all the theory u give me smile.gif

Let me know when you get back so I post you the test and last assignment !

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonny_NL
Dec 27 2009, 01:07 PM
Learning Roadie
I am back!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 27 2009, 01:40 PM
TEST

1. What is the formula of the major scale? (Whole step, half step)
2. How do we name the major scale (to be A major or D major etc) ?
3. Write down the notes of the C major scale.
4. Write down the notes of the G major scale.
5. Write down the notes of the D major scale.

After you fill in this assignment's test, I will post your final one for this month.

You should also start working on the Muse Style lessons for the monthly REC take (which is mandatory).

Hope you had a great time during holidays! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonny_NL
Dec 27 2009, 04:34 PM
Learning Roadie
TEST

the Major scale is an 7 note scale
C, D, E, F, G, A, B, C
G, A, B, C, D, E, F#, G
D, E, F#, G, A, B, C#, D

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 27 2009, 11:22 PM
QUOTE (sonny_NL @ Dec 27 2009, 04:34 PM) *
TEST

the Major scale is an 7 note scale
C, D, E, F, G, A, B, C
G, A, B, C, D, E, F#, G
D, E, F#, G, A, B, C#, D

Root note in a scale will determine its name (is it A major , D major, E major etc)...

Very good work on the major scale!

Weekly assignment 4:

Arpeggio shapes on bass!

Lessons to practice:

Arpeggios Lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...peggios-lesson/

Goal : To learn 4 most common arpeggios shapes on bass which will help you in improvisation over common chord changes.

Purpose : Learn which notes you can use when improvising over common chord types. Practice your playing technique along with the shapes.

Instructions :

I want you to learn all 4 arpeggios shapes included in the lesson : major 7, minor 7, dominant 7 and minor7b5 . For each shape there is a ascending and descending version included. I want you to both learn the shapes/patterns but also to think in intervals and to notice which ones you are using in which shape.

Requirements :

Post updates on your practice daily if possible, describing what have you done. You want to work on memorizing these shapes and interval formulas. When practicing arpeggios, play with a metronome or backing tracks from the lesson. This will be a great technique exercise. Try to incorporate all the rules you learned in "Technique exercises" you did in first assignments (remember to alternate when playing). For the home work, I want you to record ascending patterns of all 4 arpeggio shapes starting all of them on the root note C. I can provide you with the drum backing or you can play against a metronome click.

Deadline to complete: 31th of December

Good luck and remember to post your questions and progress!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Dec 27 2009, 11:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonny_NL
Dec 28 2009, 09:11 PM
Learning Roadie
heyyy bogdan!

thank u for the assignement!
i learned the whole muse lesson and can play it good it's now only a matter to record it!
i practiced today for more then 1 hour and can play the major7 arpaggio on 120 bpm 8the notes clear.
so for me it's going good wink.gif

1 question what is the final tempo what u must to play?

thank you smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 29 2009, 01:15 AM
QUOTE (sonny_NL @ Dec 28 2009, 09:11 PM) *
heyyy bogdan!

thank u for the assignement!
i learned the whole muse lesson and can play it good it's now only a matter to record it!
i practiced today for more then 1 hour and can play the major7 arpaggio on 120 bpm 8the notes clear.
so for me it's going good wink.gif

1 question what is the final tempo what u must to play?

thank you smile.gif

For the REC take you need to play the original lessons tempo.

For the arpeggios assignment I would like you to play 80bpm 8th notes. Main idea is to learn the shapes and what arpeggios are and how they are built, and then being able to play them on bass on various tempos.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:41 PM