Little Finger
Matt23
Oct 17 2008, 06:17 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I've got a question. Should i use my pinky for shred runs.

I've noticed that for example, Pavel and Muris use their pinkies a lot, but Marcus (Lavendell) and other people (cant remember who) don't use theirs so much. All of these people can play very fast so both methods obviously work. I always try to use my little finger wherever possible, but for a long time i had trouble with getting my pinky fast and i still do. I just wondered if i happen to have a weak little finger and should try to use other fingers instead. This may be me trying to find a reason why i'm not progressing as fast as id like to, that isn't i haven't done enough practice, but i just wondered why do some people use their pinkies and some people don't.

Matt

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Matt23: Oct 17 2008, 06:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Marek Rojewski
Oct 17 2008, 08:13 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Before joining GMC I was using my little finger rarely. Now I try to use it as much as I can, and thanks to Dejans and Tronds lessons I see improvements. Still little finger is the only one that hurts after long playing ( well long for me is 1.5h hour... )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:21 PM