> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Jax - Aeolian Lead, Lesson by David Walliman
Grade
Aeolian Lead Lvl 3
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 4 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

JD_
Aug 8 2011, 04:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi all! tongue.gif
This is my take on David Walliman's lesson Aeolian Lead Lvl 3
Awesome backing track...Thanks to David for an awesome lesson!!

Original Lesson can be found here https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...lead-beginners/

My Take:

Gear Used

Warmoth Custom Strat
POD Farm
Reaper

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Aug 23 2011, 05:09 PM

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 8 2011, 05:50 PM
Instructor
Good take man! The only thing that I think that you should improve a bit is your vibrato.. check again David's lessons and then compare his bends with yours.. you'll notice that David's vibrato is stronger. Your tone is also something that I think that you should work on... maybe setting your amp with lesson distortion and less treble could help...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 8 2011, 06:58 PM
Instructor
Good take cool.gif I like the look of that Strat - I bet it's lovely to play !

I agree with Gabriel about vibrato (and his advice about tone is also worth checking out). Some work on that will have your bends sounding even sweeter smile.gif

I noticed you've got the beginnings of a classical vibrato forming.. I think you should work on that and take it even further as you'll find it will become a great asset for adding vibrato to the high E string, where normal 'up, down' vibrato just doesn't quite cut it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2011, 09:08 PM
GMC:er
Well played! smile.gif Is that the strat that had the crack in it? Anyhoo, it looks like a really nice axe. Are the frets scalloped?

On to the take. I have to agree with the guys on the vibrato. It's an art unto itself and is really worth working on. I notice your hand/thumb position on your left hand and think maybe it could use a tweak. Letting the thumb ride up over the neck is something that just happens by itself really but it's something worth trying both ways. Try a take where you plant the thumb in the middle of the neck. Then try a take "thumbless", just pull your thumb off the neck and play with your finger tips (seems impossible on the first few trys) both of these will feel very odd if not impossible. That's because they are forcing your hand to work a bit differently. If you can get used to these hand positions, you will notice your finger strength start to increase. This is simply because you've removed the thumbs ability to act as a fulcrum/lever and are focused on the fingers in the other two positions. The benefit of that is that vibrato is made much easier when your fingers are stronger. The small, subtle changes in vibrato are what give it good character. This requires good hand strength and great amounts of control.

Also, try to sit in "Classical Position" for a few takes with the guitar in between your legs instead of "Side Saddle" and prop your left foot up on something (phone book, whatever). This allows greater access to the fretboard and creates a more comfy angle for the hand. Again, if your not used to it, it will feel kinda wrong. Give it a chance. I've seen massive improvements in students just from changing hand/guitar position and working with it for a bit.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 8 2011, 10:54 PM
Instructor
I agree with the guys on the vibrato and the tone advice, nothing more to add aside! Keep workin on it mate!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 9 2011, 06:07 AM
Instructor
i agree with the guys, very nice played, but the vibrato is lacking a bit, my suggestion is, listen to your fav guitar players and pay attention to the vibrato, then try to imitate it, with a lil bit of practice your overall sound will improve a TON.

very nice take!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 13 2011, 05:21 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Another good performance! 8..

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:00 PM