Emg 85 In Neck
crazytrain101
Mar 24 2008, 01:35 PM
GMC:er
I bought an EMG 85 pickup a few months ago and really never payed attention to its sound. I got professionally installed and the guy said it was alright and ready to go. Now when i go to use it i see that you can barely get a sound out of it. I have heavy strings on the guitar and my rp150 multi-effect processor on highest gain settings i can get but i still can't nothing out of it except the bass strings E, A and D. Has anybody else had this problem?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bondy
Mar 24 2008, 01:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Has the battery ran out ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 24 2008, 01:39 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Bondy @ Mar 24 2008, 01:37 PM) *
Has the battery ran out ?

+1
Maybe you left the cord plugged in so it drained?

+Quote Post
crazytrain101
Mar 24 2008, 01:47 PM
no i just put in a new battery and i take the cord out every time i'm done with it.

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 24 2008, 01:47 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 24 2008, 08:39 AM) *
+1
Maybe you left the cord plugged in so it drained?

laugh.gif Did the same thing. I have the 81 and 85 so it drained it a little faster. Could'nt figure out why there was no output. Changed the battery and whola! If you leave the guitar plugged up, It will drain it.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 24 2008, 01:54 PM
Instructor
It seems that the guy installed it faulty. Can you take it to him and play while he is around?

PS you should definitely try the guitar at his place when he gave it to you.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
crazytrain101
Mar 24 2008, 01:58 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 24 2008, 01:54 PM) *
It seems that the guy installed it faulty. Can you take it to him and play while he is around?

PS you should definitely try the guitar at his place when he gave it to you.

That's the problem. The store that i took it to closed a month after i got the pickup installed. I am going to double-check myself. I put in another new battery to make sure if the other battery was already dead or not. Thanks for all of you guys helping so far.

+Quote Post
crazytrain101
Mar 24 2008, 02:08 PM
i put in the other battery and the output is fine now. I only have one question. Do you guys put the heaviest distortion on it to get the best out of it? Thanks for all of your help GMC members!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 24 2008, 08:24 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
You don't need distortion overkill to get a good guitar sound, actually when I record guitars I am using less distortion compared to my live settings.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Mar 24 2008, 09:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 24 2008, 09:24 PM) *
You don't need distortion overkill to get a good guitar sound, actually when I record guitars I am using less distortion compared to my live settings.

+1

The more distortion there is on a guitar sound, the more compressed the sound is, and therefore less "big", so just the right amount of distortion will result in a big sound, not too much and not too little smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 24 2008, 10:27 PM
Instructor
I'll sign that too smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Mar 24 2008, 11:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 24 2008, 11:24 PM) *

thats the right way Marcus ,,some body thinks if they have a fullrange drive thats mean the guitar will play by it self !!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:37 PM