2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Elvis Presley Twist Collab, FINAL MIX AND COMMENTS
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 29 2008, 04:32 PM
Singing Instructor
Hi guys.Thanks for participating in this collab,it turn out great.And I had so much fun working on it.

Number of participants : 8

Attached File  Final_Mix_And_Comments.mp3 ( 6.47MB ) Number of downloads: 289

Comments:

Bluesrock:

Well man,you did capture that twist energy,but my general advice would be to work on you tone controle,that comes with practice,and patient as you know,but it would help you a lot when it comes to make your good ideas sounds even better.
Of course you are getting better with every collab you do.So that is a great thing when progress is noticable.All in all good job.smile.gif

Gus:

Good take very much in the style of this collab.The first part you did great(Battman style smile.gif ) like an very nice intro in to second part of your take witch is musical,and like idea great.Your tone is nice and groove is there for shore.smile.gif

Henry:

well this is great Henry,melodies are so in the same hand simple and intelligent.Great take man.I felt that you chose the best color possible tone this collab.Great take once again.smile.gif

Ivan.:

Well what to say...you are my personal guitar idol.:)Beautiful,fast,clean and every note is on the place.Great!!

Kaznie:

Very good melody Kaz,in few places I think you needed to add more vibrato on longer notes.I really like how you came in to a second part of the coollb,very cache melody.All in all,very good Kaz.smile.gif

Matt23:
Melodies are good,there is to much of drive for this kind of music(IMO).But you did control it well and come trough with good concept for this solo.Really like the ending.smile.gif

OC.
Very nice my friend,nice tone and concept.like the octaves at the end,they give it a great touch to the whole take.The ending is very melodic,and the whole second part too.Very Good OC.smile.gif

Siggum:
Very good thinking there,and your dynamic is great too.Really haw nothing to add from technical point of view.I like it very much.Great job.smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Nemanja Filipovic: Jun 30 2008, 07:35 PM

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bluesrock
Jun 29 2008, 04:36 PM
GMC:er
Hey nemanja thanks for the comments.wat exactly do you mean by tone control?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jun 29 2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the collab, was a great and fun track to play to Nemanja smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 29 2008, 04:43 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Bluesrock @ Jun 29 2008, 05:36 PM) *
Hey nemanja thanks for the comments.wat exactly do you mean by tone control?

It is relation between your pick,finger and string.The more control you haw over your guitar,the better the sound is.How do I explain good,yes,for example great guitarist could take a very bad guitar and make some thing out of here when he plays.I thinks that that is some thing that comes with playing the instrument on the regular bases,and for a bit longer time.Any kind of practice and palying,jamming is good for that.smile.gif

QUOTE (Siggum @ Jun 29 2008, 05:37 PM) *
Thanks for the collab, was a great and fun track to play to Nemanja smile.gif

Thanks Siggum,you did great,as every body else too.smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bluesrock
Jun 29 2008, 04:43 PM
oh ok thanks nemanja

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 29 2008, 04:44 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Bluesrock @ Jun 29 2008, 05:43 PM) *
oh ok thanks nemanja

Shore,if you haw any other questions,I will do my best to help you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 29 2008, 04:47 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Thanks for doing this collab it was fun. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 29 2008, 04:48 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Jun 29 2008, 05:47 PM) *
Thanks for doing this collab it was fun. smile.gif

For me too.Thank you guys for participating.I did try to give a bit Elvis voice at the end.smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 29 2008, 06:32 PM
Cheers for this. I enjoed playing over backing. Looking forward to your next collab. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 29 2008, 10:15 PM
Instructor
COllab is great, great job everyone and Nemanja!

PS Thanks for the comments, it's great to hear that my work is being appreciated. All the best my friend smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 29 2008, 10:18 PM
Instructor
Great work Guys .congrats

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 29 2008, 10:25 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 29 2008, 10:15 PM) *
COllab is great, great job everyone and Nemanja!

PS Thanks for the comments, it's great to hear that my work is being appreciated. All the best my friend smile.gif

I thought your entry was incredible also smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 29 2008, 11:43 PM
Instructor
Thanks man smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gus
Jun 30 2008, 12:12 AM
Hey Nemanja. Good job with the collab and also your take in the end!

I didn't realize mine first part was Batman style but it is indeed, tongue.gif

Kaznie, I stayed a little bit away from collabs for two months (because my POD was broken), but after this time I really can see your improvement. Keep studying! wink.gif

This post has been edited by Gus: Jun 30 2008, 12:13 AM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 30 2008, 12:18 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Gus @ Jun 30 2008, 01:12 AM) *
Kaznie, I stayed a little bit away from collabs for two months (because my POD was broken), but after this time I really can see your improvement. Keep studying! wink.gif

I agree,Kaz you did better and better every time.AS Gus sad,you are improving very well.smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jun 30 2008, 05:25 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
I enjoyed everyones take this collab came out great. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the feedback Nemanja. smile.gif I had fun playing on this collab. Great idea and great backing track.
Nemanja sure what happened but your final mix has my take playing WAY ahead of the beat, just thought you should know.

This post has been edited by Henry Dietzel: Jun 30 2008, 05:33 PM

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 30 2008, 07:36 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Henry Dietzel @ Jun 30 2008, 06:25 PM) *
I enjoyed everyones take this collab came out great. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the feedback Nemanja. smile.gif I had fun playing on this collab. Great idea and great backing track.
Nemanja sure what happened but your final mix has my take playing WAY ahead of the beat, just thought you should know.

Oh,Henry I am so sorry,something went wrong.I am very sorry. sad.gif
Will upload agaian with your take fixed.

Fixed.smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 1 2008, 03:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gus @ Jun 30 2008, 01:12 AM) *
Hey Nemanja. Good job with the collab and also your take in the end!

I didn't realize mine first part was Batman style but it is indeed, tongue.gif

Wow thanks Gus! I think it's prety cool that someone seas my improvment through all the other improving people. Indeed I need to work on vibrato, to get back on Nemanja's comments, on every collab it comes back, it started with holding the notes, and now the next step is my vibrato!

Thnx Nemanja!

and Gus, I when I heard you I was like... hmm It can't be Ivan because I already heard Ivan...

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Jul 1 2008, 03:17 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 1 2008, 03:16 PM
Don't die of shock anyone but this is the first collab I've done at GMC that I've been happy with biggrin.gif

Even if I am playing 1 note a year biggrin.gif

And Kaznie you are definitely improving on guitar considerably. I was impressed when I heard it. Seems you have a lot better ear for notes that work and you always stay in scale now. I always liked melodies you came up with but sometimes a few notes went out of key. Now however you really are rocking. Keep up the good work. smile.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Jul 1 2008, 03:18 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jul 1 2008, 05:24 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
QUOTE (Nemanja Filipovic @ Jun 30 2008, 02:36 PM) *
Oh,Henry I am so sorry,something went wrong.I am very sorry. sad.gif
Will upload agaian with your take fixed.

Fixed.smile.gif

No worries, thanks for fixing it Nemanja. I agree with Organized this was the 1st collab I've done that I am happy with all the way through.

Thanks again everyone for your takes I think this collab came out awesome, glad to be a part of it. wink.gif I love listening to the final mix. I forgot to mention the end vocals really added a nice flavor to it....nice job N biggrin.gif

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:16 PM