4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Christmas Challenge 2011
maharzan
Dec 29 2011, 03:09 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I did just that fireball. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 30 2011, 02:03 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (maharzan @ Dec 29 2011, 08:09 AM) *
I did just that fireball. smile.gif

And it was awesome. smile.gif I think it makes it more interesting to use more than one song.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 30 2011, 02:20 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Fireball once again. It is challenging too. Change in tempo and even time signature make it pretty hard to play. I needed to practice quite a bit. And the fact is I was actually trying a 4/4 and was mad for not getting the beat only to realize the song was in 3/4 few tries later (arranging drums). smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 30 2011, 02:54 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (maharzan @ Dec 29 2011, 07:20 PM) *
Thanks Fireball once again. It is challenging too. Change in tempo and even time signature make it pretty hard to play. I needed to practice quite a bit. And the fact is I was actually trying a 4/4 and was mad for not getting the beat only to realize the song was in 3/4 few tries later (arranging drums). smile.gif

I know exactly what you mean. That has happened to me plenty of times. Now I try to make sure I know the time signature.

Brandon

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 3 2012, 12:00 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Who else is going to enter? smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Jan 3 2012, 05:58 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 3 2012, 01:00 AM) *

I'd like to try my own arrangement, but I don't think I'll meet the deadline sad.gif. I haven't done any sound programming in about 2 years, so I'll have to relearn everything. But I'm going to do it anyway and try to finish before 7th smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 3 2012, 10:11 AM
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Jan 3 2012, 05:58 AM) *
I'd like to try my own arrangement, but I don't think I'll meet the deadline sad.gif. I haven't done any sound programming in about 2 years, so I'll have to relearn everything. But I'm going to do it anyway and try to finish before 7th smile.gif.

Go for it!
It would be great to hear your take! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TesttubeMammoth
Jan 3 2012, 01:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 2 2012, 11:00 PM) *

Me!

Here's my arrangement so far : http://soundcloud.com/testtubemammoth/whit...as-guitar-cover
A bit copy and pastey at the moment...

I also went for White Christmas (sorry!) but I put my own spin on the melody, at least that's how it would have sounded if I'd written it.
Originally I worked out the melody note for note and did a punky version but I decided this one was a more me.

Will make a video for this in the next couple of days - there a few bits I want to change now I have had the chance to listen to it.

The quality of the competition so far is fierce! So I will try and make it a good one smile.gif

--------------------
be excellent to each other

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 3 2012, 04:33 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Looking forward to it. Otherwise, I am going to be 3rd with 3 competitors... biggrin.gif

You might want to mix the solo level a bit higher, not that you wanted feedback but I think it would sound more powerful. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 3 2012, 04:47 PM
QUOTE (TesttubeMammoth @ Jan 3 2012, 01:54 PM) *
Me!

Here's my arrangement so far : http://soundcloud.com/testtubemammoth/whit...as-guitar-cover
A bit copy and pastey at the moment...

I also went for White Christmas (sorry!) but I put my own spin on the melody, at least that's how it would have sounded if I'd written it.
Originally I worked out the melody note for note and did a punky version but I decided this one was a more me.

Will make a video for this in the next couple of days - there a few bits I want to change now I have had the chance to listen to it.

The quality of the competition so far is fierce! So I will try and make it a good one smile.gif

Hey this sounds cool! Love the rockin' arrangement smile.gif Looking forward to your submission.

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 3 2012, 05:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
I am giving a shot for this too smile.gif But i am gonna go with a lesson smile.gif

Gabriel's amazing Where is Santa's Solo Lesson. smile.gif

Cheers,
Dodo.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 3 2012, 05:54 PM
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jan 3 2012, 05:40 PM) *
I am giving a shot for this too smile.gif But i am gonna go with a lesson smile.gif

Gabriel's amazing Where is Santa's Solo Lesson. smile.gif

Cheers,
Dodo.

Great choice! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2012, 10:04 AM
Instructor
How's it going with the takes guys? biggrin.gif I'm back and curious to see what you have come up with while I was gone? wink.gif

+Quote Post
TesttubeMammoth
Jan 4 2012, 09:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 4 2012, 09:04 AM) *
How's it going with the takes guys? biggrin.gif I'm back and curious to see what you have come up with while I was gone? wink.gif

Hi Cosmin,

So I was gonna get a video together but haven't been able to yet - but I do have an entertaining / embarrassing excuse unsure.gif .

So I went back to work after the xmas holidays on Tuesday and err I went to put on my work trousers and it seems I may have gained a couple of pounds because when I relaxed the button popped off! ohmy.gif So, I had to sew it back on (a little further along!). Anyway, already late for work I went to pick up the sewing stuff and needle went right into my index finger! ohmy.gif To make matters worse it was one of those needles used for sewing leather so it went in pretty deep. So, sore finger = no guitar for a couple of days dry.gif

Thought you might find that story funny!

Will have something together in the next couple of days wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 5 2012, 01:39 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Oh Oh, sorry to hear about that. Hope you get well soon. I had a similar experience and had to do an operation to fix my tendons. That finger still hurts at times. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 5 2012, 01:52 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm still working on my arrangement.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 6 2012, 11:21 AM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jan 5 2012, 01:52 AM) *
I'm still working on my arrangement.

Ah great! Looking forward to hear your arrangement.

Anyone else going to enter? Tomorrow is the deadline so please hurry! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 7 2012, 03:38 PM
Learning Roadie
I have pieced together the video for my take. I will do the final editing and have it uploaded by today. I go to work, so it will be a few hours - maybe even later today. I hope more people enter though - won't be much of a competition with just a few people. wink.gif

+Quote Post
TesttubeMammoth
Jan 7 2012, 07:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Not going to make it, still cant play. Fail. Good luck to everyone who managed to get a video together smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 7 2012, 07:47 PM
GMC:er
Not going to be able to get mine finished in time, sorry!
sad.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:35 AM