bleez
Jun 20 2015, 04:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jun 20 2015, 03:54 AM) *
EDIT: Holy moly is that a big bend in the first part! huh.gif

Yup, Its a David Gilmour of a bend ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2015, 06:38 PM
Instructor
Please guys confirm that everybody started working on this. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 20 2015, 06:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 20 2015, 06:38 PM) *

The bending has begun smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jun 20 2015, 06:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 20 2015, 01:38 PM) *

Getting into it right now

--------------------

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jun 20 2015, 06:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Back from vacation . I have also spent already 2 hours . I 'm still not sure if now I learn the lesson to improvise or improvise rather equal ....

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2015, 08:19 PM
Instructor
Great guys! smile.gif

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jun 20 2015, 02:57 PM) *
I 'm still not sure if now I learn the lesson to improvise or improvise rather equal ....

I didn't get what you mean... blink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 20 2015, 08:44 PM
Learning Roadie
I just want to get a feel for what everyone else is doing:

Are you guys going for the full lesson in 10 days - or just as much as you can perfect in 10 days?

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jun 20 2015, 09:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 20 2015, 07:19 PM) *
Great guys! smile.gif

I didn't get what you mean... blink.gif

I am now not sure if I should learn parts of the lession and improvise additional parts to it or if you prefer that I make a completely new improvised take.

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jun 20 2015, 09:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Now that I see that this course is about stretch goals, here's my initial plan:

1) Memorize the lesson as best I can and identify my trouble spots
2) Practice with an emphasis on the items Gab mentioned (bending, vibrato, pentatonic major)

After 10 days I want my recording to be as clean as possible. I don't want it filled with mistakes and be unpleasant to listen to. We don't have to stick to the source material like REC. So, if there's a really fast bit I can't get clean, I may improvise something I can play instead with a focus on the pentatonic major/blues scale that fits in the same place. If I can't learn the whole thing I guess I'll just fade out the backing at that spot.

Dunno if that's gonna work, we'll see. I just finished my first practice session during my son's nap and got about 30% through learning it. It's gonna be tough.

Does that sound like what you're looking for Gab?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 20 2015, 09:30 PM
Learning Roadie
I was thinking of doing something similar to what you said : keep the licks that are of main focus (in this case bends) and shoot for a majority of it with improvising in between.

I think it's a good balance of skill building and creativity biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 21 2015, 05:42 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
That's awesome! Starting tonight biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2015, 03:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (yoncopin @ Jun 20 2015, 05:04 PM) *
Now that I see that this course is about stretch goals, here's my initial plan:

1) Memorize the lesson as best I can and identify my trouble spots
2) Practice with an emphasis on the items Gab mentioned (bending, vibrato, pentatonic major)

After 10 days I want my recording to be as clean as possible. I don't want it filled with mistakes and be unpleasant to listen to. We don't have to stick to the source material like REC. So, if there's a really fast bit I can't get clean, I may improvise something I can play instead with a focus on the pentatonic major/blues scale that fits in the same place. If I can't learn the whole thing I guess I'll just fade out the backing at that spot.

Dunno if that's gonna work, we'll see. I just finished my first practice session during my son's nap and got about 30% through learning it. It's gonna be tough.

Does that sound like what you're looking for Gab?

Hi mate, this sounds brilliant. It's exactly the main goal of this program and I can see how doing this in an intensive way, with strict deadlines can give an interesting impact into your playing.

Keep me updated. smile.gif

QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jun 20 2015, 05:30 PM) *
I was thinking of doing something similar to what you said : keep the licks that are of main focus (in this case bends) and shoot for a majority of it with improvising in between.

I think it's a good balance of skill building and creativity biggrin.gif

Good plan! That's what this program is about... polishing your playing and developing your own style. Keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 23 2015, 03:30 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! How is it going??

This video includes some good complementary bending exercises for this assignment: https://youtu.be/Hh_pYY6UYIw

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jun 23 2015, 06:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey guys.

This is my first result! I work hard on bendings and vibratos...
I hope i can add more of my own phrasing...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Bendy_Blues_Lesson.mp3 ( 482.78K ) Number of downloads: 110

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 23 2015, 06:35 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jun 23 2015, 06:14 PM) *
Hey guys.

that's coming along nicely smile.gif

so far Im playing maybe the first half of the lesson, Ive not made it to the end parts yet. I was planning to spend a few more sessions trying to learn more of it and then maybe from thursday I'll stop referring to the lesson and see if I can 'inflict' my own stuff into it. I'll just see what happens I guess cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 23 2015, 09:31 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jun 23 2015, 05:14 PM) *
Hey guys.

Nice one man!! Sweet tone too I have to work on mine a bit more biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 24 2015, 03:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jun 23 2015, 02:14 PM) *
Hey guys.

Hi Beat! This is going really good! During the next days please focus work on these elements:

Vibrato: Use it as an expressive tool, so try different types: Wider, softer, faster, slower, more aggressive. There is still more room to get more of this technique, and you can get inspired by the original lesson.

Timing: Be careful with timing! You tend to go a bit before the beat in some riffs (like the first double stop).

Bending: Your bending is very good on this one, you reach the right pitches even on the trickier ones. However there is more room to make them even more expressive and I think that the trick here is the speed of the bend, how fast or slow you reach the notes can have a very important impact in your playing so please listen to the original lesson and notice how Chris does it. I don't want you to copy his bending exactly as he does, but I'd like to see you using this idea in your phrasing.

Tone: Nice one. I would tweak it a bit to have more presence and a more defined ambiance (reverb & delay). Please experiment!

Besides those 4 elements, I think that there is also some room for dynamics. It's not one of the required elements on this one but some attention to it can also improve your overall playing.

Ok mate, I hope that this thoughts help, keep on the good job! smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 23 2015, 02:35 PM) *
that's coming along nicely smile.gif

so far Im playing maybe the first half of the lesson, Ive not made it to the end parts yet. I was planning to spend a few more sessions trying to learn more of it and then maybe from thursday I'll stop referring to the lesson and see if I can 'inflict' my own stuff into it. I'll just see what happens I guess cool.gif

Good plan Bleez! Add your own thing to it keeping in mind the elements that I've listed, and also the comments that I've just written for Beat.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 24 2015, 05:11 PM
Learning Roadie
This one is kicking my butt, man! dry.gif

So this is where I am at - this is my first attempt at chopping out parts of the original lesson and attempting to add some of my own flare so it's pretty choppy (no where near as clean as Beat's):

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/bendy

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Jun 25 2015, 03:23 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2015, 04:33 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris, thanks for this teaser!

This is going on the right track considering the time that you had to work on the lesson. Now it's time to put emphasis on details that make this kind of phrasing sound more expressive. This are some things to have in mind:

- Vibrato: Be careful on overusing fast vibrato that starts too soon. This can make your phrasing sound like nervous. Experiment with different types, speeds, and width.

- Bending: There is a lot happening on the speed of the bends done by Chris. It's no only important what note you reach, it's also important how you reach it.... pay attention to it.

Also be careful with timing and dynamics.

That's all by now, keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 25 2015, 04:56 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 25 2015, 03:33 PM) *
Hi Chris, thanks for this teaser!

This is going on the right track considering the time that you had to work on the lesson. Now it's time to put emphasis on details that make this kind of phrasing sound more expressive. This are some things to have in mind:

- Vibrato: Be careful on overusing fast vibrato that starts too soon. This can make your phrasing sound like nervous. Experiment with different types, speeds, and width.

- Bending: There is a lot happening on the speed of the bends done by Chris. It's no only important what note you reach, it's also important how you reach it.... pay attention to it.

Also be careful with timing and dynamics.

That's all by now, keep on the hard work!

Thanks, friend!

I will focus on these elements and try to polish everything to the best of my ability over these last few days biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:39 PM