Flight Lands In Hudson River In New York, Pilot is a Hero!
skennington
Jan 17 2009, 11:54 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
For those that have not seen this, it's amazing no one was hurt. This past Thursday, shortly after takeoff, the plane crossed paths with a flock of Canadian geese taking out one, if not both engines. The pilot was able to completely change directions to avoid Manhattan and land the plane in the Hudson River!

30 year veteran pilot but geeze, that's some fast reaction for sure. Check it out...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
skennington
Jan 18 2009, 03:47 PM
They have removed the plane from the river still intact. I guess they really won't know what happened until they review the flight data form the recorder.

Like OC said, one would think that those turbines could handle a goose going through it. Probably were at full throttle too! Seems to me aircraft engineers should design some type of grill for those things....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 18 2009, 04:24 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 18 2009, 02:47 PM) *
They have removed the plane from the river still intact. I guess they really won't know what happened until they review the flight data form the recorder.

Like OC said, one would think that those turbines could handle a goose going through it. Probably were at full throttle too! Seems to me aircraft engineers should design some type of grill for those things....

They actually fire chickens into the engines to test that they are strong enough to withstand it. Clearly these weren't. And this isn't a joke. It is what they do.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Jan 18 2009, 04:25 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 18 2009, 04:32 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 18 2009, 10:24 AM) *
They actually fire chickens into the engines to test that they are strong enough to withstand it. Clearly these weren't. And this isn't a joke. It is what they do.

As the old saying goes..Chicken's are dedicated but the cow is committed..Now this makes me see the chicken in a different light... laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:34 AM