> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(9, Pass) Jazz Funk Licks, Lesson By Stephane Lucarelli
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 5 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

Levent
Feb 29 2012, 02:15 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Jazz Funk Licks by Stephane Lucarelli

Backingtracks and some licks from Jazz Funk Licks Video and some improvizations.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 29 2012, 06:55 PM
Instructor
Very interesting tone and attack, I like it. Nice picking technique. You need to work a bit more on syncin both hands together, and making the fretting hand work a bit more swifter, as I think you are sound more staccato then needed on moments. Also, more work on vibrato is needed. I would advise that you don't anchor the hand to the pickguard at all as this will slow you down. Try making your picking more precise by making the hand floating and gently relying more on the bridge. You will stay closer to the bridge anyway as you will need to palm mute often during performance. I'll give it a 9.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 29 2012, 07:09 PM
Instructor
Hi man! It's cool to find this take since it's an improvisation inspired by the lesson by Stephane. That's a great decision since this style is based mainly on improvising. I find your phrasing very interesting and the note choices sound always good. You received very important technique feedback by Ivan. I think that you could practice some picking exercises to make your picking more precise while you are improvising and maybe to let you add some faster sweeps or passages without too much effort. Good job man!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 1 2012, 08:39 AM
Instructor
Hey there, I agree with Gabe and Ivan and I must admit I didn't know about this lesson tongue.gif but I very much like it and I shall have a go at it myself! Keep on grooving mate!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Mar 1 2012, 05:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Levent @ Feb 29 2012, 01:15 PM) *
Original lesson: Jazz Funk Licks by Stephane Lucarelli

Backingtracks and some licks from Jazz Funk Licks Video and some improvizations.

I like your tone! Reminds me of Pat Petteny mixed with George Benson!
Good job!
When you are playing something is off (probably delay) and it sounds like you are rushing when you not!
Also you can play a little bit more staccato and use more dynamic and this tune will sound amazing!
Just spend a little bit more time practicing it slowly so your hands will be synced with each other!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Mar 3 2012, 11:08 PM
Instructor
You have an excellent sense of improvisation, which I like very much. Small problems with alternative picking, I would also advice exercise for the same AP. It is especially important for sinkyng both hands, and that you will always need, primarily for the fast passage.
Good work !

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 8 2012, 06:27 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
9!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:20 AM