Jackson Guitars?, Wow these are nice! Anyone have these?
Todd Simpson
Mar 27 2012, 11:28 PM
GMC:er
I stopped in to Guitar Center and drooled like fool over the Jacksons and ESP/LTDs. This happens to me now and then, I just get Crazy over new guitars! These guitars were just amazing. They sounded, HUGE, looked AWESOME and played well. The neck is a bit thicker than I'd like, well, quite a bit thicker, but other than that I just loved these. Anyone have models like this? What do you think of them?

LTD
Attached Image
JACKSON
Attached Image
GOING CRAZY
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 27 2012, 11:30 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
michaelwalker
Mar 28 2012, 12:47 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 27 2012, 10:28 PM) *
I stopped in to Guitar Center and drooled like fool over the Jacksons and ESP/LTDs. This happens to me now and then, I just get Crazy over new guitars! These guitars were just amazing. They sounded, HUGE, looked AWESOME and played well. The neck is a bit thicker than I'd like, well, quite a bit thicker, but other than that I just loved these. Anyone have models like this? What do you think of them?

LTD
Attached Image
JACKSON
Attached Image
GOING CRAZY
Attached Image

I have 2 Jacksons, DK2S and JS23 and I love them, as far as thick necks, I would have to disagree, as they are among the thinnest I have ever seen, I also own the EMGHZ in 2 of my guitars, my ESP301QM and my new Epiphone nightfall Les Paul..they are about the best you can get without Batteries, and on my Jackson DK2S I have seymour duncans and a sustaniac

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
Guitars: Jackson DK2S, Jackson JS-20, Peavey AT-200 autotune, my homemade Gibson Flying V, ESP MH-301, Ibanez ARTCORE AF-75, Ibanez Mikro, Yamaha JR-1, Yamaha F-335, Epiphone Artisit 200, Ovation Idea, and last but not least a rare Brownsville Mini.

Amps: Crate GX-2200H with 2 Crate 4X12, Fender G-Dec3, ZT Lunchbox, ZOOM G3X Effects and Amp Simulator

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Mar 28 2012, 03:01 AM
Instructor
I use to have one of those! Nice guitars and very easy to play! I am not to crazy about their clean sound but other than that they are great!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 29 2012, 05:06 AM
Nice collection! wink.gif Neck thickness is a relative thing between axes it seems. The Jacksons are not "THICK" necked by an means, but compared to my Ibanez RG560, or some of the PARKER guitars that I played the same day, the Jackson necks are a bit more rounded and deep. I"ve been playing my ancient Ibanez so long that even standard necks feel huge. Even modern Ibanez necks feel too thick. But as with my 7 and 8 string guitars, it's just something your hand adapts to after a while.

I still love the Jackson guitars though. Just so killer looking and sounding. They are very artful it seems and have great body work. I almost want to buy one and frame it!

Todd

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Mar 29 2012, 01:10 PM
I like Jackson , Kramer, und Charvel guitars from 80's... those old guitars are all-time warhorses!!!
I have one Jackson from 80's its custom built in Ontario, and has that Eddie Van Halen hot sound..
I don't like the Ibanez Rg 550 und 560 wizard necks, cause they're too thin, if you have longer fingers, they feel uncofortable...
I'm still searching for older guitar with some more low-end sound...

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 29 2012, 02:28 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Mar 29 2012, 08:10 AM) *
I like Jackson , Kramer, und Charvel guitars from 80's... those old guitars are all-time warhorses!!!
I have one Jackson from 80's its custom built in Ontario, and has that Eddie Van Halen hot sound..
I don't like the Ibanez Rg 550 und 560 wizard necks, cause they're too thin, if you have longer fingers, they feel uncofortable...
I'm still searching for older guitar with some more low-end sound...

Too Thin! smile.gif I can certainly appreciate your fondness of early 80's axes. Some great guitars for Metal came out of that era. But yea, like I mentioned in the last post, neck thickness seems pretty relative and every player is different. Your post is a great example of that. The 550 560 (pre skunk stripe) have some of the thinnest necks ever made. So thin in fact they would sometimes snap under the pressure of heavy strings and a floating trem. Subsequent necks were thicker and had the "skunk stripe" or strip of dark heavy wood for support in the center.

These early ibanez necks are crazy thin and some folks (like me) just adore these guitars. The PARKER guitars have necks that feel similar. But these are not for everyone, some players feel there isn't enough neck to work with. But thin necks are buy no means the only way to go even for shredding. Look at Yngwie, he plays a 57 strat with a huge neck and it's not slowing him down.

Just goes to show, there are as many guitars/shapes/necks as there are players that play them. Play on!

+Quote Post
michaelwalker
Mar 29 2012, 02:28 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 29 2012, 04:06 AM) *
Nice collection! wink.gif Neck thickness is a relative thing between axes it seems. The Jacksons are not "THICK" necked by an means, but compared to my Ibanez RG560, or some of the PARKER guitars that I played the same day, the Jackson necks are a bit more rounded and deep. I"ve been playing my ancient Ibanez so long that even standard necks feel huge. Even modern Ibanez necks feel too thick. But as with my 7 and 8 string guitars, it's just something your hand adapts to after a while.

I still love the Jackson guitars though. Just so killer looking and sounding. They are very artful it seems and have great body work. I almost want to buy one and frame it!

Todd

The RED ESP MH301QM is my Beauty as it has the "Neck Thru" no bolts and man can you get to those High Notes.. it's amazing how they made it, Big Money Now days for them, this one was from 2003..about $800 then..

I tried those Ibanez's the body's were heavy to me and just to flat..and did not feel right..The Dinky Series of Jackson's are nice smaller footprint and thinner necks, maybe you did not try a dinky, the soloists models are popular and more expensive, those are the bigger ones..

--------------------
Guitars: Jackson DK2S, Jackson JS-20, Peavey AT-200 autotune, my homemade Gibson Flying V, ESP MH-301, Ibanez ARTCORE AF-75, Ibanez Mikro, Yamaha JR-1, Yamaha F-335, Epiphone Artisit 200, Ovation Idea, and last but not least a rare Brownsville Mini.

Amps: Crate GX-2200H with 2 Crate 4X12, Fender G-Dec3, ZT Lunchbox, ZOOM G3X Effects and Amp Simulator

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:42 PM