Modal Madness
facjata
May 3 2009, 09:04 PM
GMC:er
so, i learned 3 lessons from this series, i really enjoyed it and... i want more:P so there is a question: do you know some more patterns like that, and could you show them?

cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 4 2009, 10:43 AM
I agree with facjata, these are extreme useful and important! Maybe you could do a lesson for exotic scales you used in your lessons? Mixolydian pentatonic, Hirajoshi and etc etc smile.gif
I find learning new scales from books\internet pretty boring, especially without some cool patterns. smile.gif
Get a new lesson from you will be very pleasant and helpful !

p.s. - I forgot to ask, about your Wisdom lesson:in video 3 you are doing some sweeps, tab below, but when you come to D# and D on C string I can`t see what are you doing.. Probably just downstroke (or pull of?), but I can`t see even minimal movement with your right hand ohmy.gif Gp shows that these notes are not pulled off.. So what exactly I need to do there?
Again this shows that your technique is flawless.
--17-13-------------------------------13-18-13----|
--------15-------------------------15----------15-|
-----------14-------------------15----------------|
--------------15-14----------15-------------------|
--------------------17-13-17----------------------|
--------------------------------------------------|

Edit: now I realised that it must be a pull off because of sound ( no string hit) and also because I recognize some other pull off that are not marked too smile.gif You just probably forget to do it or leave it as a possibility to do either one method or another smile.gif But I think with pull offs it will sound more smooth especcialy with neck pickup?
Btw when you bought your ESP? It`s pricey, but looks and sounds just awesome, and I bet feels even better, so must be worth every penny smile.gif

Do you own other electric guitars? If yes, which ones?

Cheers, Alex

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AlexLion: May 5 2009, 04:51 PM

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
May 6 2009, 02:50 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
QUOTE (facjata @ May 3 2009, 09:04 PM) *
so, i learned 3 lessons from this series, i really enjoyed it and... i want more:P so there is a question: do you know some more patterns like that, and could you show them?

cheers!

Wow that's a good thing to hear!
Of course, I will make an another lesson in Modal Madness series, starting now:D

QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 4 2009, 10:43 AM) *
I agree with facjata, these are extreme useful and important! Maybe you could do a lesson for exotic scales you used in your lessons? Mixolydian pentatonic, Hirajoshi and etc etc smile.gif
I find learning new scales from books\internet pretty boring, especially without some cool patterns. smile.gif

p.s. - I forgot to ask, about your Wisdom lesson:in video 3 you are doing some sweeps, tab below, but when you come to D# and D on C string I can`t see what are you doing.. Probably just downstroke (or pull of?), but I can`t see even minimal movement with your right hand ohmy.gif Gp shows that these notes are not pulled off.. So what exactly I need to do there?

Edit: now I realised that it must be a pull off because of sound ( no string hit) and also because I recognize some other pull off that are not marked too smile.gif You just probably forget to do it or leave it as a possibility to do either one method or another smile.gif But I think with pull offs it will sound more smooth especcialy with neck pickup?
Btw when you bought your ESP? It`s pricey, but looks and sounds just awesome, and I bet feels even better, so must be worth every penny smile.gif

Cheers, Alex

Hi Alex!
*I just finished a Hirajoshi pattern, will make a vid soon biggrin.gif
*Yes, I do use pull-offs there, and I will update the tab soon, sorry for that... but it is very nice to hear that you realised it all by yourself, good job man!
* I bought my guitar in 2005. It is a pricey guitar, but I payed it almost fully from the money I got from Wisdom gigs biggrin.gif It was a very good investment, hehe biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 6 2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks for reply Zsolt smile.gif Cool that new material is coming!

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
May 6 2009, 07:44 PM
QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 4 2009, 10:43 AM) *

Cheers, Alex

I've sent the updated gp pro file to Kris, hopefully he will update it soon!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 6 2009, 08:18 PM
Cheers smile.gif

This post has been edited by AlexLion: May 6 2009, 08:18 PM

+Quote Post
facjata
May 6 2009, 10:39 PM
good news here! biggrin.gif
thanks a lot, just can't wait for another Modal Madness smile.gif

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 15 2009, 07:48 PM
All hail The Great! biggrin.gif You`ve done different topics!

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
May 16 2009, 07:58 AM
QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 15 2009, 07:48 PM) *
All hail The Great! biggrin.gif You`ve done different topics!

That's right my friend, and I'm ready to answer all of your questions smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:34 PM