My Pinch Harmonics Lesson, Feedback?
thefireball
Feb 6 2016, 05:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys smile.gif

I made this video for my YouTube subscribers - as I post something every Saturday. I'm cycling Lessons, Top 5, Gear Reviews, and Music Videos (and more), and hoping to grow my fanbase one day to do this full time. I was wondering if you had any feedback to make my lessons better in the future, and what I did well?

I edited it together to get to the point really quickly, as I know the internet is saturated with tutorials. Plus this is my personality and editing style. I tried to include everything I was thinking of when I was a beginner try to learn, while trying to maintain a reasonable video length.

I even offered something you don't normally see in a YouTube lesson - a free jam track to practice the technique(s).

I will say Trond Vold's lesson still inspires me to this day.

-Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Feb 6 2016, 06:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Brandon,

here my feedback to your lesson:

- Video quality perfect.

- Sound perfect.

- The camera angle and distance from 1:05 to 1:40 also perfect!! I can see exactly what is important...

- in my opinion you speak a little bit to fast and "frantic" (hectic), thats very diffcult to understand for me as a not native English speaker.... (sorry)

- the free jam track with such a quality is a top idea!!! That makes your lesson complete and unique in You Tube....

congratulation to your lesson! smile.gif

Chris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 6 2016, 10:53 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (ChrisGLP @ Feb 6 2016, 11:02 AM) *
Hi Brandon,

here my feedback to your lesson:

- Video quality perfect.

- Sound perfect.

- The camera angle and distance from 1:05 to 1:40 also perfect!! I can see exactly what is important...

- in my opinion you speak a little bit to fast and "frantic" (hectic), thats very diffcult to understand for me as a not native English speaker.... (sorry)

- the free jam track with such a quality is a top idea!!! That makes your lesson complete and unique in You Tube....

congratulation to your lesson! smile.gif

Chris

That's a good point - because not every one of my students are from the USA. Thanks for all the valuable feedback Chris.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 8 2016, 06:35 AM
Learning Roadie
The sweet spots are going to be the same on the same scale guitar, it's all to do with harmonic nodes.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 8 2016, 12:29 PM
Instructor
Quite good p.h guide. Not too long, only what's necessary.

My tip is...you have to be very carefull with "you have to" sentense in any kind of lesson. Unfortunately there are many ways to do things and many players to show as exceptions so sometimes saying" you have to" make a little midleading - for example the thing with the pick. I'm a mid-gain type of player and it's actually much easier to squeeze P.H with a picks thinner than 1 mm. So this thing is too subjective depending on your playing style and tone preferences. But of course there are many essentialls guided properly here - like the pick to thumb thing and bridge position suggestion, Overall it's a descent guide pack. Well done smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 8 2016, 04:50 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the feedback guys.

+Quote Post
Alex5
Feb 8 2016, 08:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thank you. Now I can play it each time I want and not randomly. happy.gif happy.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2016, 06:48 PM
Instructor
Great job mate! The video lesson is very good. Your explanations are clear and the overall quality is top level.

Congrats.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:33 AM